Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

lotto system competition

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #8011
October 20, 2004
18 Posts
Posted: October 25, 2004, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone know any site about  lotto system competition?Thanks

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
    Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: October 25, 2004, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

Are you saying that you have a system and want to compete against other people and theirs systems?

Talk to BobP here at the forum, other wise, why not compete against other forum members here?  Many of them predict every day, it does not have to be a formal competition, just post your numbers and compare them against other predictions here at the forum.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

United States
      Member #8011
      October 20, 2004
      18 Posts
      Posted: October 25, 2004, 3:32 pm - IP Logged
      Quote: Originally posted by LANTERN on October 25, 2004

Are you saying that you have a system and want to compete against other people and theirs systems?---yes if possible

Talk to BobP here at the forum, other wise, why not compete against other forum members here?  Many of them predict every day, it does not have to be a formal competition, just post your numbers and compare them against other predictions here at the forum.---I will try,and thx

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23260 Posts
        Posted: October 25, 2004, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

Yes, the predictions board here is the perfect place, because it is a controlled environment (no cheating possible) and stats are maintained.  If you start your competition on Nov. 1 and conduct a month-long competition, the monthly stats page will work perfectly for you.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
          Beautiful Florida
          United States
          Member #5709
          July 18, 2004
          20108 Posts
          Posted: October 25, 2004, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

i, for one would like to see this happen! players - sharpen your

pencils. amen

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
            Mid-Missouri
            United States
            Member #644
            August 31, 2002
            4271 Posts
            Posted: October 25, 2004, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

I'm in, what's the game? I love a good friendly competition.

Bryan  :)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19825 Posts
              Posted: October 25, 2004, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

People are already posting their predictions, and their results can be checked.  I would think that a system, unlike predictions, would try to trap winning combinations which I doubt a system could do in 10 lines.  I would expect results similar to the ones already posted because the predictors are posting their best effort now.  Good luck to anyone who get something started.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #5914
                July 27, 2004
                64 Posts
                Posted: October 25, 2004, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like fun, count me in. If others are interested, how should we set the criteria? Just one game? I think a "system" should be able to generate results in a variety of games. I'm willing to do either.

Should we post a fixed range of picks (RJOh suggested 10), or let each player pick what they feel works best for them and let the stats/scores at the end determine who wins?

Would each participant need to play/post for every drawing in the game(s) in November, or could they miss a few?

I don't want this to get too formal, more just trying to make it an "apples to apples" sort of thing, if it can be.

Nathan, is that Bora Bora?! Are you posting from there, or just hoping a lottery win will let you move there?

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                  Dump Water Florida
                  United States
                  Member #380
                  June 5, 2002
                  3102 Posts
                  Posted: October 26, 2004, 12:42 am - IP Logged
                  Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on October 25, 2004

People are already posting their predictions, and their results can be checked.  I would think that a system, unlike predictions, would try to trap winning combinations which I doubt a system could do in 10 lines.  I would expect results similar to the ones already posted because the predictors are posting their best effort now.  Good luck to anyone who get something started.

RJOh

You test a system be seeing how often it predicts winning numbers within a reduced field compared to what we'd expect from probability. 

For example predicting a field of 24 numbers from a 6/49 game, we'd expect all six winning numbers among the 24 about one time in a 100, so a system that puts all six among the 24 perhaps 10 times in 100 would be a great success.

The prediction board tests the above sorta with wheeling mixed in which skews the results because a good wheel can produce multiple prizes with only three numbers correct and a bad wheel can produce no winning lines with all the winning numbers among the lines.  Wheeling is strictly mechanical, has nothing to do with prediction.

It takes a lot of work to host a prediction contest, espicially for diverse games and methods that predict different ranges of numbers.  It is only of value to players and readers if the winning system becomes available at the end and only of value to the author if there is a prize or the author is selling it. 

If the author of a system wants to post a public trial, the place would be the Usenet News group rec.gambling.lottery because the posts are archived by Google Groups for virtually all time the internet has been around taking over Deja News.   Nothing wrong with also posting the trial here if of an interesting nature.

BobP

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                    Tx
                    United States
                    Member #4570
                    May 4, 2004
                    5180 Posts
                    Posted: October 26, 2004, 3:29 am - IP Logged

If the author of a system wants to post a public trial, the place would be the Usenet News group rec.gambling.lottery because the posts are archived by Google Groups for virtually all time the internet has been around taking over Deja News.   Nothing wrong with also posting the trial here if of an interesting nature.

BobP

That's exactly what I was thinking about.

Post at both places, BobP will tell you how to post at rec.gambling.lottery

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
                      Member #4416
                      April 22, 2004
                      1075 Posts
                      Posted: October 26, 2004, 5:59 am - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by BobP on October 26, 2004

It takes a lot of work to host a prediction contest, espicially for diverse games and methods that predict different ranges of numbers.  It is only of value to players and readers if the winning system becomes available at the end and only of value to the author if there is a prize or the author is selling it. 

BobP

I'm in a lottery system contest every time I buy a ticket on a drawing. I'm competing against the Kentucky Lottery Corporation, and so far they've been the hands down winner against every method I've come up with. Occasionally, I make a short-term profit, but the real value to me will come when I finally get way ahead of them by hitting the big one. Then I can quit playing, quit working, and quit driving myself to distraction looking for winning methods. In the meantime, "That's entertainment!"

Good luck,

aye'

United States
                        Member #8011
                        October 20, 2004
                        18 Posts
                        Posted: October 26, 2004, 6:18 am - IP Logged

Thanks for all your constructive ideas and advises.If there are over seven members who are interested in such competition,I would agree that we should start it and Anyone that would start the competition can make the rule first.

Its said that bora bora is the most beautiful place on earth so I take it as my avatar.

nathan

United States
                          Member #8011
                          October 20, 2004
                          18 Posts
                          Posted: October 27, 2004, 2:14 am - IP Logged

I want to make sure how many members would like to join the competition hold here.So far,Bryan is in,any other members would like to join?

takeitez's avatar - japheth
                            Carters Lake, Ga.
                            United States
                            Member #5313
                            June 29, 2004
                            1065 Posts
                            Posted: October 27, 2004, 10:42 am - IP Logged

I would enter if the rules are fair. I would think a player should post in only one state (of their choice) only 10 numbers mid and 10 eve draws. One would not have to post in only 1 state but only 1 state (any state ) per draw.

I think the average lotto player can not afford to play more than 20 numbers per day.

good luck

takeitez

No Pity!Guitar  Drum ........ in the long run........

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19825 Posts
                              Posted: October 27, 2004, 12:18 pm - IP Logged
                              Quote: Originally posted by takeitez on October 27, 2004

I think the average lotto player can not afford to play more than 20 numbers per day.

I think if you are testing a system and not actually playing, you can afford to simulate what ever it takes to win.  The test results will tell you if the system is too much of a gamble for the average player.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking