Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 11:43 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

winning ticket

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Pick 3 Fairy.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
four4me's avatar - gate1
MD
United States
Member #1701
June 18, 2003
8395 Posts
Posted: October 28, 2004, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Todd I appreciate your honesty also. I hear a lot of people who say they wish they were millionaires. And I truly know many of them couldn't handle it. To all those who wish and dream of becoming a millionaire. All you have to do to achieve this is do something that nobody ever did before. There are millions of inventions yet to be invented. Lots of ways to achieve success without becoming filthy rich. Living within your means and setting good examples for others. And of course that ever loving day when the lottery lightening bolt might strike. 

United States
    Member #7931
    October 18, 2004
    312 Posts
    Posted: October 29, 2004, 1:22 am - IP Logged

i am not coming down on the rich for winning the jackpot  as some of you have stated.

i dont like the "fact" that only the rich win ...........in texas. remember i stated at the beginning "texas" i dont know about other states

one last thought:

if 20 rich people go into mcdonalds and 20 poor people go into mcdonalds

how many do you think will come out with fries with their order?

almost all, right?

so, if 20 rich people buy lotto and 20 poor people buy lotto, then, almost all should win the same amount, right?

so, what some of you have said and agreed to is proved to be false. because, you believe the rich have some auro around them well they dont.

if this were so, the rich would go into mcdonalds and all of them come out with fish sandwiches only.

and the poor people would all come out with fries only. you guys can clan up all you want this doesnt make what you say right.  you make a lot of staements about me but im the one who sold lotto not you guys. you must be working for the state or you actually believe your gonna win the jackpot.

or have i struck a nerve?

scientists swore up and down there was no brass metal objects manmade until a certain period...............then 5 years ago they did a test on some mummies and the objects they had with them in the chamber.............and come to find out they had brass. 2000 years before man was supposed to have it. now all the idiots who wrote falsehoods earlier are gone but whos dancing on their graves?

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
      Yinzer Country, PA
      United States
      Member #4067
      March 18, 2004
      2741 Posts
      Posted: October 29, 2004, 1:35 am - IP Logged

here is what i've noticed from two years of working the lottery counter at my old work. rich people (sadly, i live in a rich neighborhood.) do not want to ever have to deal with being poor again. they are insecure about their wealth, and play the lottery to try to add to it. they also play a lot more than the average player. the average player may buy 1 or 2 tickets for a powerball drawing at the starting jackpot, while a more wealthy person will play upwards of 5-10 tickets. another case. the night of that $270 million powerbal jackpot in the summer of 2003 (i didn't realy mind working the terminal that night. i was supposed to be on register, but they pulled me off because we were getting too much business at the lottery counter, and people go there for other things too such as smokes, stamps, money orders, etc.). anyway, we had a few average people buying only 1 ticket. we had a few buying 5-20 tickets. we also had the rich folk who bought into the hundreds of tickets. rich people play the lottery often (and piss away quite a bit of money doing it) because they use it as kind of an insurance policy on their wealth. they do not want to be poor.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

United States
        Member #7931
        October 18, 2004
        312 Posts
        Posted: October 29, 2004, 1:48 am - IP Logged

where i worked at was different

i live in texas and worked in texas and rich and poor shell out the same amount of doe here for lotto / the difference being, is, the poor man i see shell out the same as the rich person, where the rich can afford to do it, as the poor cant.

the poor do it anyway. they both play the same amount.

so,  a few years ago, if were in a lottery pool, you wouldnt get your tickets at a store. you would assign the head of the pool to pick them up and put them in a safe deposit box

i dont know if this is how its still done, but, if it is..........

why is it you get special issued tickets at the claim center if your in a pool?

shouldnt you go to the store and buy them?

if not, then theres where your answer lies my friend!!!!!!!!!!!

being in a lottery pool gives you the ability to get specially asigned tickets from te lotto

tickets others cant get, so how do the jackpot winners get their tickets?

do you really know?

honestly?

United States
          Member #7931
          October 18, 2004
          312 Posts
          Posted: October 29, 2004, 2:38 am - IP Logged

ok ok here it is all you smarties........

if you think its all fair game then why, tell me why in the world would you all worry about computerized drawings?

huh?

if it aint rigged now, then it aint gonna be rigged later is it?

if you think its so good and fair and prizes evenly distributed, dont worry about computerized drawings then. if its fair now itll be fair then

if its rigged now, itll be rigged then peace out brothers

United States
            Member #7931
            October 18, 2004
            312 Posts
            Posted: October 29, 2004, 2:42 am - IP Logged

copy and paste that why dontcha

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
              Member #2338
              September 17, 2003
              2063 Posts
              Posted: October 29, 2004, 4:00 am - IP Logged

yeah that cleaning lady that won megamillions was really rich. come to think of it i guess they all are rich - after they win.

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
                Member #4416
                April 22, 2004
                1075 Posts
                Posted: October 29, 2004, 6:18 am - IP Logged

enterceptorr,

I looked at some of the winners' stories on the Texas Lottery website. Although some people of means have won, not all of the winners have been rich. One notable winner was a dog catcher in Marfa.

If people in pools get special tickets, can't poor people also be in pools and get special tickets? I'm willing to at least listen to any proof you might have that lotteries are rigged in favor of the rich, but I don't think you've shown how there could really be such a bias. Anybody can buy a ticket and anybody can win or lose, regardless of their socio-economic standing.

If I honestly thought the lotteries were rigged, I simply wouldn't play. Anyone else could do whatever they would like in the face of such evidence.

Good luck,

aye'

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                  Member #91
                  January 19, 2002
                  12015 Posts
                  Posted: October 29, 2004, 9:00 am - IP Logged

That whole mcdonalds thing is kinda off the wall.......unless you want to state that rich people go to mcdonalds more often than poorer people......I really don't understand your statement....and i'm pretty confident that if 10 rich people and 10 poor people bought lottery tickets I would know who spent more money.  I think People with less do tend to get frustrated quicker when things dont go there way,,,,there lack of luck tends to need an explanation,,,,and the only reasoning they have is that someone or something is holding them down.....and to them the only face they can put on it, is people with more or the government...... 

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

United States
                    Member #7931
                    October 18, 2004
                    312 Posts
                    Posted: October 29, 2004, 10:13 am - IP Logged

have any of you read the confessions of a lottery rigger who got caught?

anyhow im satisfied with what i win, though i would like to hit the jackpot..........i know itll never happen , so here i am warning people about blowing their money .

i could understand why some of you would be upset if i were trying to get you to spend your money, but im not. so you guys go ahead and take your names off of the petition to stop digital lotto.

because its so fair, huh? and one day when they bust up the lotto crimering in texas, years from now, ill be looking for apologies all around the table, ..........like what happened in pa, thailand and other lotto rigs when backfired,/ they also had people like me sounding off before they got busted and they did.

tezas already got busted for hiding scracthoffs a warehouse they "misplaced" full of "gold break the banks"

these were to be issued brfore the "platinum"

but the platinum came out first and when the comproller came around and asked what happened to the gold tickets, the commission said i dont know, and when the comptroller said they were going to be fined, texas lotto says ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! heres the tickets!!!!!!!!! we just remembered!!!!

look that up and eat a chilidog

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                      Member #91
                      January 19, 2002
                      12015 Posts
                      Posted: October 29, 2004, 10:27 am - IP Logged

Well its obvious we could go round and round on this....at the same time I hope the opposite happens...I hope you hit the Jackpot and come back to apologize to us.....but you seem to be jumping from rigging games to where only rich people win ....all the way over to lottery commision playing games on which scratch- off tickets they play politics with.....

By the way...I would prefer a deli-sub "if you can smell what I'm cooking!"

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

United States
                        Member #7931
                        October 18, 2004
                        312 Posts
                        Posted: October 29, 2004, 10:29 am - IP Logged

im having a bigmac and fries 111

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                          Member #91
                          January 19, 2002
                          12015 Posts
                          Posted: October 29, 2004, 10:40 am - IP Logged

Would a poor person or rich person "super size it"?

United States
                            Member #7931
                            October 18, 2004
                            312 Posts
                            Posted: October 29, 2004, 11:06 am - IP Logged

666 on christmas in texas and 911 on dday in new york

how obvious . naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

let me get a small half portion of fries  please..........maybe those stale ones they pitch in the trash

Wisconsin
                              United States
                              Member #1610
                              June 3, 2003
                              668 Posts
                              Posted: October 29, 2004, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

There is a big difference between using computerized random number generators to generate 'ticket numbers' versus using them for the 'actual lottery draw'. I don't see any way that drawings such as the current Powerball set-up could be rigged. Using mechanical drawing machines in televised drawings, being closely monitored as they occur and even offering invitations to the general public to go to Iowa and participate in witnessing the live drawings...it's about as honest as one can possibly get. I do think that introducing computerized draws would only invite suspicion and dramatically increase the likelihood of what one might call 'disturbing glitches' in the game. Not good. As long as we keep the numbered spheres and mechanical drawing machines with televised draws it makes no difference who buys a Powerball ticket, no matter how or where that ticket was issued...

It is a fair game

... the lottery never fails to surprise!