In addition to celebrating the new year last night, lottery players from around the United States were checking their raffle tickets to see if they would start 2008 as a new millionaire.
Raffle-style lottery drawings were held in several states, including Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, North Carolina, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, and Virginia. (Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania drew their raffles a couple days ago.)
The results for all New Year's Even raffle games are available by clicking Lottery Results at Lottery Post, and then clicking the state. The direct links are also available below.
In addition to the raffle drawings held, there are several others that will be held today and over the next month. Lottery Post will post results for those games within a day of the draw.
Raffle games have become popular in recent years in the United States, and typically are held around the December holiday period. Some states hold a raffle drawing a few times per year.
Several states held their first-ever raffle this year.
Unlike lotto-style games that offer small under-$10 prizes, raffles only offer larger prizes, and have much better odds of winning huge million-dollar jackpots.
The smallest prize offered in any state raffle game was in Florida, which offered instant $50 prizes to 2,000 lucky players. In other states the lowest prize amount is between $100 and $500.
The largest prize offered in any state is $1 million. Florida offered the most $1 million prizes — twelve.
Direct links to raffle results:
- Arizona — https://www.lotterypost.com/specialresults/az-lottery-raffle-2007-12-27.asp
- California — https://www.lotterypost.com/specialresults/ca-lottery-raffle-2007-12-31.asp
- Delaware — https://www.lotterypost.com/specialresults/de-lottery-raffle-2007-12-31.asp
- Florida — https://www.lotterypost.com/specialresults/fl-lottery-raffle-2007-12-29.asp
- Georgia — https://www.lotterypost.com/specialresults/ga-lottery-raffle-2007-12-31.asp
- Idaho — https://www.lotterypost.com/specialresults/id-lottery-raffle-2007-12-31.asp
- North Carolina — https://www.lotterypost.com/specialresults/nc-lottery-raffle-2007-12-27.asp
- New Jersey — https://www.lotterypost.com/specialresults/nj-lottery-raffle-2007-12-31.asp
- New Mexico — https://www.lotterypost.com/specialresults/nm-lottery-raffle-2007-12-31.asp
- Ohio — https://www.lotterypost.com/specialresults/oh-lottery-raffle-2007-12-31.asp
- Pennsylvania — https://www.lotterypost.com/specialresults/pa-lottery-raffle-2007-12-29.asp
- South Dakota — https://www.lotterypost.com/specialresults/sd-lottery-raffle-2007-12-31.asp
- Virginia — https://www.lotterypost.com/specialresults/va-lottery-raffle-2007-12-31.asp
Phew! Now THAT was a lot of work!
If I missed any, please let me know.
(No need to mention the ones that are drawing today (Jan. 1) or later this month. I'll include those in another news post.)
Nice job. I bought a few tickets in Idaho's raffle, but unfortunately came up with nothing.
Worked on GA Raffle..not a dime for me....
thanks for the hard work todd,,,,happy new year to you and all the l.p. family
thanks for your hardwork Todd. i also played the georgia raffle and i was 15 numbers away from $500 but maybe next raffle i will win some money.
Well, I can report no success with the NJ raffle!
No luck for me in Delaware
I was within 3 and within 13 of a $100 prize. Not even close on the bigger prizes.
I missed by about 50 tickets on the early side.. had I bought the ticket in evening instead of lunch break perhaps I'd have won $500!
I like on the nj site you enter the raffle number, if you enter one of the $1M winners it says "This ticket is worth $1,000,000." With a period. I'd have had animated balloons, streamers, strobe lights, etc.
Good riddance raffles. Take your time coming back.
The Florida Lottery is already announcing the names of the winners. A Lee County resident who won a million dollars is
"The first millionaire, who claimed his prize the last day of 2007, was Christopher Kelly, 30, of North Ft. Myers. Kelly, a self-employed handyman, redeemed his prize along with his family and one-week old baby. Kelly purchased his ticket at Brown's Country Corner, 2501 Medulla Road in Tampa."
Good for him. He was in the right place at the right time. Tampa is quite a distance from Fort Myers, probably 120 miles from North Fort Myers.
He didn't even wait one day to claim his prize. Drawing was on 12/29. He must have packed up and taken off for Tallahassee on Sunday (it's a long haul) and went into Lottery Headquarters on Monday. I remember seeing that one person claimed his prize on 12/31.
I don't like carrying around bad karma, so I apologize for my comments about the raffle. Although I will always be skeptical until the day I win, perhaps I was being a little bit over the top. I just get so sick and tired of spending so much and nothing but lose lose lose. So I am ready for the win win win, as I already had enough of the former.
I came up with nothing on three tickets in the Ohio New Year's Eve raffle :(
GREAT to Bee BACK in 2008>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
for a LOT of WORK in 2007^>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
t@@ ................................. YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Todd congrat's !!!