Your dog could be a Tennessee Lottery scratch-off star

Apr 26, 2018, 8:37 am (50 comments)

Tennessee Lottery

So you think you've got the smartest, sweetest, and downright most adorable pup in Tennessee?

Now is your chance to see if others agree.

The Tennessee Lottery is conducting a "Dog Days of Summer" photo contest through May 7 in search of the next "Tennessee Pup Star."

The lottery is inviting participants to send photos of their dogs (puppies or adults) and will select 10 of the "smartest, sweetest and downright most adorable" to feature on Instant Game tickets to be issued this summer.

Just think, your dog's face could be associated with great joy for Instant Game winners (and profound disappointment for losers who had unrealistic expectations about their lottery ticket purchases).

A few guidelines:

  1. Dogs only. You may think your pet tarantula is gorgeous, but the Tennessee Lottery is actually trying to entice people to buy tickets, not scare them half to death.
  2. Dogs must be the main focus. If your precious toddler has Fido in a choke-hold, just keep that to yourself.
  3. Photo must not be too dark, blurry, bright or flashy. You may recognize that fuzzy snout sticking out of the rumpled bedding, but to the rest of us it might look like a crime scene.
  4. Photos of at least 240 DPI are preferred. If you aren't sure what that means, Google can be your friend.

The entry form and official rules, as well as a gallery of submitted photos, can be found on the Tennessee Lottery's Facebook page.

News story photo(Click to display full-size in gallery)

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

JADELottery's avatarJADELottery

That's an interesting game.

hearsetrax's avatarhearsetrax

noise-gate

l hate to say this, but the Tennessee Lottery is going to the dogs!

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

This one is mine, so he gets my vote

Todd's avatarTodd

Glad to see our member's dogs, keep it going!

wander73's avatarwander73

This topic is too funny.  Animals are smart pets no questions about it.  I wonder what the idea behind this is.

music*'s avatarmusic*

If the President of the United States wants a friend he or she should get a dog.

 Lovely dogs so far on this thread.

wander73's avatarwander73

Facebook page, really.   I don't have Facebook and I haven't been on there in almost 3 years and I have better things to do than Facebook waste of time

Artist77's avatarArtist77

Amazed that an adult could not understand a simple marketing tactic since most people love animals and have pets. Therfore, interest and publicity is created in the event.

Artist77's avatarArtist77

Quote: Originally posted by on Apr 20, 2024

Awwww I love kitties. Always hard when they pass...so sorry for your loss... but I believe we will see our pets again one day in the afterlife.

Vergie6

Quote: Originally posted by Artist77 on Apr 26, 2018

Awwww I love kitties. Always hard when they pass...so sorry for your loss... but I believe we will see our pets again one day in the afterlife.

Thank you!...me too!

I can still see Shaka looking at me really serious and I wonder if he was trying to tell me he had cancer because he had no symptoms up until the end and the Dr. said they hide it when they're sick & that he just couldn't cope any longer.

I guess I'll be making a trip to the animal shelter before long to get another cat...I think you need 2 so they can have one of their own kind to love & won't be lonely when I'm not home.

Artist77's avatarArtist77

Quote: Originally posted by Vergie6 on Apr 26, 2018

Thank you!...me too!

I can still see Shaka looking at me really serious and I wonder if he was trying to tell me he had cancer because he had no symptoms up until the end and the Dr. said they hide it when they're sick & that he just couldn't cope any longer.

I guess I'll be making a trip to the animal shelter before long to get another cat...I think you need 2 so they can have one of their own kind to love & won't be lonely when I'm not home.

I agree. 2 at least. I have a nestcam and check in on them while at work.

Vergie6

Quote: Originally posted by Artist77 on Apr 26, 2018

I agree. 2 at least. I have a nestcam and check in on them while at work.

That's great!

wander73's avatarwander73

Quote: Originally posted by Artist77 on Apr 26, 2018

Amazed that an adult could not understand a simple marketing tactic since most people love animals and have pets. Therfore, interest and publicity is created in the event.

I guess that no one cares if they're photos are used for  third party marketing from companies.  It's a shame that anyone who does social media doesn't realize a risk being taken. 

 

So I guess some people will be shocked if companies "own" photos which social media does have a right to do what they want.  It's in the terms of agreement on all the sites.

Subscribe to this news story