Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

interesting stats

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 12 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
LosingJeff's avatar - flower
Greenfield
United States
Member #3587
February 2, 2004
557 Posts
Posted: November 18, 2004, 10:41 am - IP Logged

On Nov 16th the Indiana Evening pic 4 winning numbers were 5892. There were no straight winners nor any straight combo winners that day. The following evening in South Carolina (11/17) the same combination of numbers hit (2589). South Carolina had 17 straight winners! Thats a pretty good payout seeing how South Carolina has 2 million less people than Indiana. Any comments?

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8360 Posts
    Posted: November 18, 2004, 11:06 am - IP Logged

Jeff that's a hard question to answer but I'll give it my best shot. It looks like both states had the numbers in their history workouts. Apparently more people picked up on it in Carolina. It is also possible that one person could have bought more than one ticket. When the say they sold 17 straight winners we don't know if it was 17 separate people or 2 or 3 people who might have bought more than one ticket.

As for Indiana who knows apparently no body picked up on it in a workout. Or it might not be a popular number there. Indiana had more 5-7-8-and nines in their workout history.

And you have to remember their are 1 in 10,000 possible choices for a number to pick and every number isn't going to be played every day in one state.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: November 18, 2004, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

indiana never has any winners in the pick 4 is what jeff is trying to say,on average everyday nobody ever wins in indiana and  the payouts on that are a measly 5 or 6 thousand.....i would bet the farm,the house and everything i own that indiana lottery is more corrupt than the mafia......................

Justin's avatar - hatchap
        Stevens Point
        United States
        Member #6457
        August 24, 2004
        3030 Posts
        Posted: November 18, 2004, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

Ive seen success by playing indiana from the "outside" with traveling numbers

But i cant comment on whether its rigged or not, but you say $5,000 or so a day?

Then either its rigged or no one plays thats 1 straight winner or like 50 boxes

I believe life is about finding someone you cant live without

And showing them how much you care every day of every month of every year

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19824 Posts
          Posted: November 18, 2004, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

Does anybody play the Indiana pick4 game?  To have winners, a game must have players, even a corrupt game.  The winners may be corrupt, but they are still winners.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23260 Posts
            Posted: November 18, 2004, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

RJOh: Or, corruption can lead to zero winners, if the state was trying to keep ALL the money (no payouts).

LosingJeff, you made a really good point, and I think it's a great comparison with the SC Lottery.  This is very odd indeed.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8360 Posts
              Posted: November 18, 2004, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

I just checked Indiana's website and it looks like in the last 6 days or so the haven't had more than 1 pick 4 straight winner in the daily pick 4 drawings on any given day. So without knowing the number of people who actually are playing the pick 4 drawing I can't make an accurate assumption. My only guess would be people aren't playing a lot of pick 4's. From looking at their number history I would imagine it's not that hard to pick a winner unless they are deselecting vast quantifies of played numbers and paying out some sort of fixed percentage.

I looked at my prediction stats for Indiana and I'm not doing so hot with my picks there either. A couple boxed 4's is all.

Greenfield
                United States
                Member #3587
                February 2, 2004
                557 Posts
                Posted: November 18, 2004, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

We should have alot of players---its been around for 15 years! If no one is playing why is the Lottery spending 10 million a year on advertising.  How do officials keep their jobs if no one is playing? Shouldnt they being doing something about it? I have enough losing tickets to stuff everyone's turkeys on Thanksgiving. Never a win. I am off by one on the pick 4 every other day, yet no wins. If people arent playing then they are probably bankrupt----we lead the nation in bankruptcies and foreclosure! 

Greenfield
                  United States
                  Member #3587
                  February 2, 2004
                  557 Posts
                  Posted: November 18, 2004, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

Thanks again Todd and LottoMike for the support!

Justin's avatar - hatchap
                    Stevens Point
                    United States
                    Member #6457
                    August 24, 2004
                    3030 Posts
                    Posted: November 18, 2004, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

Indiana is probably corrupt, if people are playing, from your description

Nice find

I believe life is about finding someone you cant live without

And showing them how much you care every day of every month of every year

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                      ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                      United States
                      Member #4924
                      June 3, 2004
                      5894 Posts
                      Posted: November 18, 2004, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

As of today 11/17/04, in Florida 186,024 winners paying out $84,744,577.00. I have'nt won my fair share yet.

Carbob 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19824 Posts
                        Posted: November 18, 2004, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

Todd,
                        I can't envision any state having a scheme to not pay out any prize money because someone who would talk.  I was thinking of the kind of corruption  revealed recently in the scam of the lottery worker and his two buddies buying the million dollars scratch-off ticket.

The other day while I was buying my lottery tickets, another lottery player remarked that he had bought a box/straight pick3 ticket everyday for the last 3 months and hadn't won anything and the pick3 game had to be a scam.  I reminded him that that was only about 100 tickets and while that might sound like a lot of chances, the odds of a box hit was 1:200 and a straight hit was 1:000 and he could buy tickets like that for another 3 months and never hit anything and still with in the odds of losing.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                          Tennessee
                          United States
                          Member #7853
                          October 15, 2004
                          11338 Posts
                          Posted: November 18, 2004, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

with this pick 4 never having winners and now the scratch off scam i have to say the indiana lottery must be corrupt,has to be...........i mean like jeff said in other states your seeing multiple winners everyday and tens of thousands in winnings and then you got indiana never having a winner and then maybe 4 or 5 thousand won in a day then you got the scratch off scam,those lottery officials in indiana need to be questioned and probed,jeff i'd see about maybe getting with a few other disgruntled lottery players there and get something going,if i was there i'd definitely do it,i mean this is not a hint of corruption its full blown in our faces corruption................

four4me's avatar - gate1
                            MD
                            United States
                            Member #1701
                            June 18, 2003
                            8360 Posts
                            Posted: November 18, 2004, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

Jeff 12 million is chicken feed where advertising is concerned. Lotteries typically sell more scratch offs then pick 3 and 4's. Reason for more scratch offs sold than tickets sales. It's just easier to ask for a scratch off then to ask for a pick 3 or 4 you don't have to fill out a play slip. And I hate to say this but I've been to some tickets retailers and if you ask for a pick 3 or 4 ticket without filling out a play slip. Your told to fill one out. For some people this is a turn off and they leave the store without buying tickets. Die hard lottery players already know about this and come prepared. Almost every state has more scratchers sold than anything else. While this doesn't answer your question. I still think people aren't picking winning numbers there because their not playing the right numbers or there's some kind of percentage pay out based on number of pick 4 ticket sales.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                              Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              23260 Posts
                              Posted: November 18, 2004, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

RJOh: I am not saying that there is a conspiracy going on.  Actually, I tend to be quite skeptical of anyone touting a conspiracy theory.  What I am saying is that it is very odd that Indiana is paying out so little.  To put the matter to rest, the best thing to do would be to get a sales report from Indiana, stating how many tickets were sold per drawing, and comparing that to the number of winners per drawing.  If the winner ratio is consistently lower than the odds of winning, then I would be suspicious.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                              Help eliminate computerized drawings!