Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Can Lotto be cheated?

Topic closed. 57 replies. Last post 12 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #7931
October 18, 2004
312 Posts
Posted: November 29, 2004, 6:42 am - IP Logged

yeah, like your cars theft proof or somethin. and if those balls were as ironclad as they claim, they would not remain in the air toooooooooooooooooo long i suspect.

for, they would be too heavy. has someone handed you the balls and asked you to weigh them and place them into the machine?

and , in texas it doesnt make any difference, because, the balls that are picked disappear before coming out and rollig to the left of the tv screen.

"why" would they disappear?

when, with all this hard plastic even the balls themselves are supposedly constructed of, youd think, they would construct a tray that was transparent as the front and rear of the lotto cube the balls fly through.

since this small tray is not transparent, how does one assume the balls which roll into the tray have come from the machine?

when not one person in texas can testify, that, they have seen whether or not the balls that actually roll out into the tray....have actually come from the machine.

all you see is a machine full of balls , and a tray at the bottom.

end of story.

United States
    Member #5565
    July 11, 2004
    260 Posts
    Posted: November 29, 2004, 10:34 am - IP Logged

Do the states provide separate audited results for each of the games?  I was looking at Virginia's lottery site which claims that 57 percent of the revenues are paid out in prizes.  The dates with no jackpot winner pay out about 16 percent of the revenues.  The jackpot prize seems to pay out about 60-80 percent of the accumulated surplus from the previous games up to an including the day of the jackpot.

http://www.apa.state.va.us/data/download/reports/audit_local/LottoSouth02.pdf

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8360 Posts
      Posted: November 29, 2004, 10:56 am - IP Logged

Enteceptor wrote: has someone handed you the balls and asked you to weigh them and place them into the machine?

No! but I know some people who worked for the place that makes the lottery balls. Because I also had my doubts as to whether the lottery in my state was on the up and up. I found out from them every thing I could about the machines and balls used in today's lottery. And as a machinist myself and having worked with plastics for 12 or more years. I can say this. today's products are made to some really close tolerances. Each and every ball is made to some very exacting standards. If they do not fit the criteria they are scraped/destroyed. Each ball set has to meet certain size and weight criteria. A process known as statistical processing. This means that any ball that deviates between a certain weight and size is placed in a container with the same weight and size balls. Human hands do not come into contact with the balls they don't want any oil from a persons skin touching the ball and possible affecting the weight. They have to wear special gloves while handling the balls. The people operating the games use the same process to check the balls as the people who made them.

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
        Florence, Alabama
        United States
        Member #8658
        November 13, 2004
        1993 Posts
        Posted: November 29, 2004, 11:42 am - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by Maverick on November 25, 2004

Quote: Originally posted by LOTTOMIKE on November 25, 2004

or some homeless guy bought a ticket and used it as toilet paper there ain't no telling.

wow whatta mess if i found a thrown away winning MM ticket with shyt all over it LOL.. yeeeeeeeeehawwwwwww

I don't care what's on it. If I found a winning ticket and it was scanable, I'm going to get me free prize, lol.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
          USA
          United States
          Member #8242
          October 29, 2004
          1133 Posts
          Posted: November 29, 2004, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

That information shown to us by Ichoro is just a small part of the equation. The possible altering of results does not need to rely solely on the balls/equipment only, as enterceptorr suggested. Many professional elite athletes say they use such and such athletic equipment or sports supplements, but behind the scenes some of them actually use a different product, or use the actual product, but enhanced.

Anyway, if such and such equipment are actually being used, there are surely other ways of altering results.

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
            USA
            United States
            Member #8242
            October 29, 2004
            1133 Posts
            Posted: November 29, 2004, 6:12 pm - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by lchoro on November 29, 2004

Do the states provide separate audited results for each of the games?  I was looking at Virginia's lottery site which claims that 57 percent of the revenues are paid out in prizes.  The dates with no jackpot winner pay out about 16 percent of the revenues.  The jackpot prize seems to pay out about 60-80 percent of the accumulated surplus from the previous games up to an including the day of the jackpot.

http://www.apa.state.va.us/data/download/reports/audit_local/LottoSouth02.pdf

I dunno. I just like how the word greed is in the word agreed, and I like the fixed prizes also. Funny thing also... I had contacted NYlottery about something. They didn't reply (yet), and today I received Lottery coupons via mail lol.
              MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
              Beautiful Florida
              United States
              Member #5709
              July 18, 2004
              20108 Posts
              Posted: November 29, 2004, 6:19 pm - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by ezStreet on November 23, 2004

I don't know guys, how could they manage that, too many factors! Plus the word would get out from ex-lottery employees and State Officials...

But I guess you never know, where there is money usually corruption is not far behind!

where there is money, corruption is not far behind, that sums it up in a nutshell...!!!!!!!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                Tennessee
                United States
                Member #7853
                October 15, 2004
                11338 Posts
                Posted: November 29, 2004, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

i wonder if some scam was dventually exposed if the lottery world would cease to exist or just go through a short crisis.....

United States
                  Member #7931
                  October 18, 2004
                  312 Posts
                  Posted: November 30, 2004, 2:14 am - IP Logged

like i mentioned earlier, some senator or president will be forced to expose this scam as a last resort, to gain confidence in the masses.

Tennessee
                    United States
                    Member #7853
                    October 15, 2004
                    11338 Posts
                    Posted: November 30, 2004, 2:35 am - IP Logged

conspiracy theories abound and what i'm wondering is would those players be compensated if they have losing tickets.....would there be a cap as to how much they could gain through lottery malpractice.......

United States
                      Member #7931
                      October 18, 2004
                      312 Posts
                      Posted: November 30, 2004, 3:26 am - IP Logged

keep all losing tickets

United States
                        Member #7931
                        October 18, 2004
                        312 Posts
                        Posted: November 30, 2004, 3:29 am - IP Logged

but i didnt see mikeeeey d compensating those who played the board game, when they found the guys neighbor had all the grand prizes in his driveway ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh!

was i p-oohd!!! they went to jail, but, no compensation

Tennessee
                          United States
                          Member #7853
                          October 15, 2004
                          11338 Posts
                          Posted: November 30, 2004, 3:40 am - IP Logged

do you play monopoly at mcdonalds when they bring it out once a year?