Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

america

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Todd.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
FEMA Region V Camp #21
United States
Member #520
July 27, 2002
5699 Posts
Posted: December 11, 2004, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

Good point about the library CASH ONLY and in that case I apologize to getpaid.  There have been many crank posts in the lottery discussion forum lately and it's becoming difficult to tell who is legit or not.

For personal reasons I am very concerned about the plight of homeless persons and take it very seriously.  If I were to win a big lottery, the very first thing I would do is set up housing and opportunities for folks in this predicament.  That's one thing that can be said for Jack Whittaker, but it's overlooked in the media reports of his antics.

But I stand by my comments...lotteries, computers, internet have nothing to do with the homeless person's true problems and of those that I have known they have not walked to the library every day to post on a lottery site.  They are more concerned about the dumpsters getpaid referred to.  If this is truly your plight, getpaid, then I suggest you direct your energies to pursuits that will put a roof over your head and food on your table....not wasting time posting on a lottery site.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

harry613's avatar - Lottery-049.jpg
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #656
    September 2, 2002
    373 Posts
    Posted: December 11, 2004, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

Rick G

I Here You! 

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
      FEMA Region V Camp #21
      United States
      Member #520
      July 27, 2002
      5699 Posts
      Posted: December 11, 2004, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

PS to getpaid...and if you need help contacting the appropriate agencies in your locale dealing with the homeless, contact me via PM and I'll try to help you with it.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8360 Posts
        Posted: December 11, 2004, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

I think but am not real sure that what getpaid wrote is a quote from some song or comedian. Please remember that with 9000 plus people on here and all with different personalities. You might read any numbers of things that aren't real or even remotely true. Take everything you read regardless of the source with a grain of salt.  

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23262 Posts
          Posted: December 11, 2004, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

It's too bad that getpaid has not come back and set the record straight.  It's my guess that getpaid is a university student.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

JAP69's avatar - alas
            South Carolina
            United States
            Member #6
            November 4, 2001
            8790 Posts
            Posted: December 11, 2004, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

I have read and heard many stories of homeless who are not in need of money. They were not winos or drug users but just chose to live that way.
            The witch of wall street is one who comes to my mind. Had money for luxuries but did not spend for them.
            I was told a story of a man who froze to death in a cardboard box. Come to find out he owned apt buildings but did not live in any of them.

WHATT

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
              Dump Water Florida
              United States
              Member #380
              June 5, 2002
              3103 Posts
              Posted: December 12, 2004, 3:39 am - IP Logged

America is a wonderful place full of oppertunities for people willing to work hard.  It is the best place on earth in compairson to everywhere else.

The trouble is all the things wrong in America we don't bother to fix because we're personally doing ok.  Laws are full of bugs greedy evil people use to take advantage of honest folks.  Instead of lawyers working to fix problems they are busy creating new ones all the time.

All across this country people lose their homes and life investment in those home often everything they have for the stupidest things like not paying a fee sometimes under a hundred dollars.  Where you'd think at every step along the way judges and officials would put a stop to such nonsense, instead they are the ones enforcing it. 

Most people don't believe the crap that can be done to them until it happens to them.  The lawyers do it to you and you can't fight back without one.  See what's happening to people's homes . . .

http://www.ccfj.net/HOAartforecl.htm

A tax free lottery would be nice too.

BobP

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
                Member #4416
                April 22, 2004
                1075 Posts
                Posted: December 12, 2004, 4:55 am - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by BobP on December 12, 2004

A tax free lottery would be nice too.

BobP

BobP,

I'm with you 100% on this. I've never been able to understand why lottery winnings are taxed. The lottery itself is the ideal form of taxation. It's voluntary!

Good luck,

aye'

GoArmy's avatar - redcross
                  Waukegan, IL
                  United States
                  Member #8043
                  October 22, 2004
                  753 Posts
                  Posted: December 12, 2004, 5:14 am - IP Logged

Lottomike, love the post. I have been to enough countries to know that I need to be planted right here.........maybe Australia. Them girls are gold when you get to know them. The flag burners need to be dropped off in Shanghai for about a month. If they dont like it...........ship them out. We have flights all over the world every day and america can give them a parachute.............I will pack it for em.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                    Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #1340
                    April 6, 2003
                    2450 Posts
                    Posted: December 12, 2004, 10:56 am - IP Logged
                    Quote: Originally posted by BobP on December 12, 2004

America is a wonderful place full of oppertunities for people willing to work hard. 

That was pre NAFTA America.

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                      Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11338 Posts
                      Posted: December 12, 2004, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

not to get off a lottery subject but how did you the people feel about NAFTA...

United States
                        Member #89
                        January 18, 2002
                        2092 Posts
                        Posted: December 12, 2004, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

Hello Lottomike,

to answer your question and in only in my opinion, NAFTA is bad!! My son's company went to Mexico;my son in-laws' company outsourced and he lost out, too! My father-in-law lost his business thru company movement to another country. The only good that NAFTA has done is bring my family together as a business corporation while I work for a company that was sold to Germany then for a long time sent all of the best paying parts fabricating out of North America (Four years). Maybe I'm the only one but I'm quite bitter about the downgrading of American workmanship. We Americans train for free (in most cases)the foreign peoples to help them get on their feet and what happens---the American dollar was used to buy American businesses then ship them back to those respective countrys. Maybe you can't see it now but dventually we, Americans will be citizens of another country in name and in fact! No, I don't like NAFTA...where's all the trade that we were supposed to get? Why does all of the oil coming from the Alaskan pipeline go only to Japan? I can't say anything more because I spit nails every time this particular subject comes up.

Teufellj...   

Dump Water Florida
                          United States
                          Member #380
                          June 5, 2002
                          3103 Posts
                          Posted: December 12, 2004, 10:22 pm - IP Logged
                          Quote: Originally posted by LOTTOMIKE on December 12, 2004

not to get off a lottery subject but how did you the people feel about NAFTA...

NAFTA is a deeper screwing of the average american.  When our army starts buying the bullets from China instead of just uniforms we'll be totally doomed.  We're already close to where our "allies" can shut us down just by not selling us some of the parts to our weapon's systems. Think I'm wrong, what american companies make electronics anymore? Computers are assembled from parts made in China, they just bought IBM's home computer division.  This isn't like our friends investing in america, every applience I see in Walmart is made in China even GE electric skillets, try buying something that isn't.    Arrrrrrgh crap.  BobP
                            Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                            Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23262 Posts
                            Posted: December 12, 2004, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

BobP,

What does selling oil to Japan or buying bullets from China have to do with NAFTA?  Or are you just widening the discussion to all trade issues?

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Dump Water Florida
                              United States
                              Member #380
                              June 5, 2002
                              3103 Posts
                              Posted: December 12, 2004, 11:50 pm - IP Logged
                              Quote: Originally posted by Todd on December 12, 2004

BobP,

What does selling oil to Japan or buying bullets from China have to do with NAFTA?  Or are you just widening the discussion to all trade issues?

The oil was Teufellj far as I know we sell it to Japan because it's cheaper all around to sell Japan Alaskan oil and buy arabic due to transportation costs.

China has nothing to do with NAFTA but the principles of shipping our factories out of the country and buying the production to sell here is pretty much the same stupidity.  If you don't control the means of production your economy is beyond your control.  BobP