Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

america

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Todd.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23275 Posts
Posted: December 13, 2004, 12:00 am - IP Logged

These types of topics seem to expand and get heated pretty quickly here.  We have some people with strong opinions.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
    Member #89
    January 18, 2002
    2092 Posts
    Posted: December 13, 2004, 2:09 am - IP Logged

Todd,

might I suggest a forum area or niche for stovetop discussions such as this one?? My comment was not meant to be derisive towards any nation but...our country is in general getting the short end on mega-multi-bucks! The super rich of many countrys,including ours, are above most national laws and the general public just plain don't fit into the scheme of things. NAFTA could have been good but a few people have used the letter of the law to twist things in their favor and the people who make it possible are the ones being hurt. I brought up the Alaskan oil pipeline simply to show all of the fairness involved. Our powers that be didn't consider us and our problems with lack of fuel and/or just don't care. They get mega-rich and we aren't allowed a say in this process. I question their 'wisdom' and how things are handled. Eg., where is the emergency clause that should state,"that our oil can be diverted in times of strife" or "our nation comes first then let trickle down leftovers be sold to another entity (nation)?" Do we have such a clause? Why weren't our 'little people' involved in the say so? I get the impression then as now, that unless we hold three or four degrees in government and work in a government capacity job, we are not smart enough to be involved! This is NAFTA so where is the equality involved? Equality of trade can mean a reciprocation of goods of equal value. If Japan is paying top dollar for our crude then we also should pay an equal amount for goods from them but it doesn't happen this way! Our exports to that and many other nations are well out of line and quite a bit higher over,above and beyond what we pay for their commodities. Now that the foreign currencys are stronger than the dollar, we pay and pay and pay. When the companys of America started moving to foreign nations, our industrial strength deterioriated along with the dollar. It wouldn't have been this way had we a say in some of the programs pushed thru by Congress. Our great country is being run into the ground and we are being laughed at and stuck with the bill. Maybe we did this to ourselves but Congress is playing along with the other nations.

I say, that my country comes first then humanitarianism and trade comes after we get out of this hole that we are in. Has our government done anything about this ever widening problem? What? Balance a trillion dollar budget? NAFTA is one leak that can be plugged! No one anywhere is in their right mind if they say that they are happy with the escalating prices and so-so quality of the foreign goods that are sold in the U.S. under American Brand names that were formerly made in this country but are now owned and controlled by another nation in that country. I'm sorry but this is very insulting to me.

Teufellj...

Justin's avatar - hatchap
      Stevens Point
      United States
      Member #6457
      August 24, 2004
      3030 Posts
      Posted: December 13, 2004, 3:17 am - IP Logged

Teufellj

This fricken society is insulting

To everyone of us, for us letting it get this far.......

Did you know that my aunt voted for bush because she thinks all gay people should die because god hates them...

Can you fricken believe that? Its a proven fact that 2% of the population of every species is gay.

Im not gay, but people are people, its racism all over again, god created everything..including

gay people. so get over it bush, and everyone else......

I would really like to see a world where everyone can survive.....

If bush were around back in the slavery days.......guess what he would be doing?

"You see folks, the civil war, it is not a problem, the problem is, black people are learning to read....."

Translation

"You see folks, the problem is not the troops dying in iraq, its that gay people are getting married..."

Maybe im biased, but i believe everyone should be given an equal chance to succeed in life

This world does not give everyone a fair chance. NOT ANY COUNTRY, this isnt just one big america diss,

if i KNEW there was a better country id be there.......

I believe life is about finding someone you cant live without

And showing them how much you care every day of every month of every year

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23275 Posts
        Posted: December 13, 2004, 3:26 am - IP Logged

You know what's getting fricken' rediculous?  This thread.  What started off as a really nice gesture by LOTTOMIKE has turned into everyone's pet peeve problem with America.  You guys need to figure out how to use that Blog area.  (That doesn't apply to Teufellj, who makes nice use of his Blog.)

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!