Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Players Convention

Topic closed. 50 replies. Last post 12 years ago by BobP.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
Member #4416
April 22, 2004
1075 Posts
Posted: December 17, 2004, 5:30 am - IP Logged

Has anyone here ever attended a national or international convention for lottery players? I've read about an international convention for lottery officials and vendors, but I'm wondering if there's any type of annual gathering for players.

It would probably benefit all lottery players to learn a little more about their games. A well organized convention could offer seminars, workshops, lectures, sales of lottery books and software, and a great opportunity for networking. Does anyone have any knowledge of this ever being done? Does anyone know of any such thing in the works?

I'd appreciate any good information or serious feedback.

Thank you and good luck,

aye'

johnph77's avatar - avatar
    CA
    United States
    Member #2987
    December 10, 2003
    832 Posts
    Posted: December 17, 2004, 6:05 am - IP Logged

Nothing here other than informal meets while traveling, usually to pinochle tournaments.

The driving force behind conventions is sales, whether off the convention floor or as a showcase for a future offering. Any convention, then, would have to be organized by someone or a group of people with something to sell. It costs money to host a convention, and it isn't cheap - I've seen this while involved in the organization and hosting of tournaments, and the scale of those dvents is miniscule compared to that of a convention. I don't know of any organization exclusively devoted to vendors of lottery products.

If you take a look at the lotteries themselves, all but a few, such as PowerBall and MegaMillions, are confined to the jurisdictions in which they operate. There's very little interest, say, in the Oregon Lottery in Florida. And conventions are not aimed in that direction, unless they are state conventions directed toward that state only. And I've never heard of a convention for state lottery players - after all the state itself more or less has a monopoly there.

In short, no. The exchange of lottery ideas and information across state lines is liable to continue to be limited to forums like Lottery Post. Sorry. But it's a good idea.....

Blessed Saint Leibowitz, keep 'em dreamin' down there..... 

Next week's convention for Psychics and Prognosticators has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

=^.^=

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3114 Posts
      Posted: December 17, 2004, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

I've never heard of a convention for lottery players.  I have read of them for state lottery officials with no mention of the general public being invited. 

BobP

michigan
        United States
        Member #7623
        October 9, 2004
        50 Posts
        Posted: December 18, 2004, 2:01 am - IP Logged

What about having a convention where you can go to different siminars for the different types of  lottery to increase you odds of winning. Let me know what you think.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
          Member #91
          January 19, 2002
          12015 Posts
          Posted: December 18, 2004, 11:37 am - IP Logged

"Nothing here other than informal meets while traveling, usually to pinochle tournaments"

Johnph77

Did you attend the one in Middleburgh Heights, OHio in 2003 .....If you did, we probably crossed paths...I worked that function.

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

JAP69's avatar - alas
            South Carolina
            United States
            Member #6
            November 4, 2001
            8797 Posts
            Posted: December 18, 2004, 11:42 am - IP Logged

Red has hosted lottery meets in Atlanta. 

Oo'Ka

johnph77's avatar - avatar
              CA
              United States
              Member #2987
              December 10, 2003
              832 Posts
              Posted: December 18, 2004, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

fja -

Yes, at the Clarion, since closed. Last two years at the Holiday Inn, Beachwood.

gl

john

Blessed Saint Leibowitz, keep 'em dreamin' down there..... 

Next week's convention for Psychics and Prognosticators has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

=^.^=

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                Dump Water Florida
                United States
                Member #380
                June 5, 2002
                3114 Posts
                Posted: December 19, 2004, 12:47 am - IP Logged

Feel free to post any legitimate suggestions on lowering the odds or improving your chances here on Lottery Post or rec.gambling.lottery I doubt anything really useful that hasn't been thought of already would be given out at a seminar unless you had to pay extra and then what seems like fantastic info to the people on either side of you might seem pretty basic after hanging around here.  BobP

rabbitfoot's avatar - 8ball

United States
                  Member #620
                  August 25, 2002
                  205 Posts
                  Posted: December 20, 2004, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

Why would anyone need to attend a seminar to learn to stand in line and say, "Give me a $1 quick pick?" Too many people are trying to make something out of nothing when it comes to playing the lotto.  Really, its a no brainer activity.

I play to dream and dream of winning a major jackpot!

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                    Stone Mountain*Georgia
                    United States
                    Member #828
                    November 2, 2002
                    10491 Posts
                    Posted: December 21, 2004, 6:32 am - IP Logged
                    Quote: Originally posted by rabbitfoot on December 20, 2004

Why would anyone need to attend a seminar to learn to stand in line and say, "Give me a $1 quick pick?" Too many people are trying to make something out of nothing when it comes to playing the lotto.  Really, its a no brainer activity.

Quote..............>  " Really , its a no brainer activity"

LOL ..Water does find it's own level !

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

United States
                      Member #4416
                      April 22, 2004
                      1075 Posts
                      Posted: December 21, 2004, 6:47 am - IP Logged
                      Quote: Originally posted by rabbitfoot on December 20, 2004

Rhetorical question: Why are there lottery websites like this and why do people come to post messages when all they really have to do is stand in line and say, "Give me a $1 quick pick, please."?

Good luck,

aye'

Lee's Summit, Mo.
                        United States
                        Member #6519
                        August 26, 2004
                        192 Posts
                        Posted: December 21, 2004, 11:40 am - IP Logged

So they can participate in the Pigskin challenge, that's why.  You should know that Aye.  Incidentally, under what topic do we post are 10 numbers?

United States
                          Member #4416
                          April 22, 2004
                          1075 Posts
                          Posted: December 21, 2004, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

pigskin,

I just made a topic for the pigskin challenge in the Jackpot Games forum. I'm about to go buy my tickets now. Yes, I really do play the numbers I post. I'd feel a little foolish if I managed to catch all five of them and didn't have my money down. You never know when everything will come together in just the right way for a big win.

Good luck.

aye'

United States
                            Member #620
                            August 25, 2002
                            205 Posts
                            Posted: December 21, 2004, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

Quote:  "LOL ..Water does find it's own level !"

Excellent reply!

United States
                              Member #620
                              August 25, 2002
                              205 Posts
                              Posted: December 21, 2004, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

"Rhetorical question: Why are there lottery websites like this and why do people come to post messages when all they really have to do is stand in line and say, "Give me a $1 quick pick, please."? Good luck, aye'"

Well , people come to websites like this for entertainment mostly. Some think that they know something and wish to share it with others.  And, I believe there are lotto players grasping for that "magical system" that's going to win them the lotto.  And, I am trying to enlighten them to the fact that there isn't one- period!