Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Players Convention

Topic closed. 50 replies. Last post 12 years ago by BobP.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
Dump Water Florida
United States
Member #380
June 5, 2002
3114 Posts
Posted: December 22, 2004, 2:23 am - IP Logged

Well people come to websites like this for entertainment mostly. Some think that they know something and wish to share it with others.  And, I believe there are lotto players grasping for that magical system that s going to win them the lotto.  And, I am trying to enlighten them to the fact that there isn t one- period!

==============================

Interesting, can you define such a system (magical or otherwise) that can't win?  BobP

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
    Member #4416
    April 22, 2004
    1075 Posts
    Posted: December 22, 2004, 4:46 am - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by rabbitfoot on December 21, 2004

Well, people come to websites like this for entertainment mostly. Some think that they know something and wish to share it with others. And, I believe there are lotto players grasping for that "magical system" that's going to win them the lotto. And, And I am trying to enlighten them to the fact that there isn't one - period!______________________________________________ 

rabbitfoot,

You really didn't have to answer; as I said, the question was purely rhetorical. You did an excellent job of demonstrating my point though. The reasons you gave (including your own personal reason) are the very same reasons that people might go to a convention or seminar for lottery players.

We can all learn and profit as lottery players if we are mature enough to keep our eyes and minds open in the exchange of information and ideas. Even a person who doesn't believe in systems or strategies per se can benefit from a more thorough knowledge of the games. Also, sound money management principles are critical for anyone who engages in any type of wagering. Simply playing the lottery by buying Quick Picks can be done sensibly and strategically, or it can be done with ignorance and reckless abandon. By the way, even those Quick Picks are generated from a program based on somebody's ideas about randomness.

Nobody has all the answers or a complete grasp of everything about the lotteries. I'm sure that some people have learned from your posts whenever you've made material contributions. You might also learn some things from the posts of others if you open yourself to that possibility.

Good luck,

aye'/P
    P /P/BLOCKQUOTE
    PBR

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19901 Posts
      Posted: December 22, 2004, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

Interesting, you are trying to enlighten others about your belief that their beliefs are false.  Five hundred years ago, there were those who tried to enlighten others about their belief that the earth was a flat plane in the center of the Universe and any other beliefs were false.  Much of what we know today was discovered by those who were not enlighten by the beliefs or the ignorance of others.

Every serious lottery player and the States that run lotteries know if any one played all 230 possible boxed combinations or all 1000 straight combinations in a pick3 game, they would win a prize every time.  That's not magic, that is a fact.  The States set the prize amounts so that the state will still make money if anyone does that, so there are systems that will win lotteries but they are not practical.  Some years ago there was a group of investors who believed that it was practical to buy all the combinations in a jackpot style lottery if the prizes amounted to more than the odds of winning and they won the Virgina lottery.  Shortly after that, Virgina changed its rules for buying tickets. Players know that there are systems that will win, they just haven't found one that would win more than it would cost to play.  States set odds and prize amounts  to make playing lotteries fun, reduce winning to being lucky and profitable for the state, but who knows maybe they over looked something.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

rabbitfoot's avatar - 8ball

United States
        Member #620
        August 25, 2002
        205 Posts
        Posted: December 22, 2004, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

RJOh

From your post, I can only assume that you are one of those you believe that a "magical system" does exist hidden somewhere among the numbers.  I for one, think not!

I play to dream and dream of winning a major jackpot!

United States
          Member #620
          August 25, 2002
          205 Posts
          Posted: December 22, 2004, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

Interesting, can you define such a system (magical or otherwise) that can't win?  BobP

Yes, anything beyond a LUCKY guess.

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
            Beautiful Florida
            United States
            Member #5709
            July 18, 2004
            20246 Posts
            Posted: December 22, 2004, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

yup, magical, mystical, thresholds of dreams,luck, beyond luck and whatever else arises, you can find it all right here at the post. so why would there be a need for a convention, or otherwise...

to fill a void, simply pick a number...! 

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19901 Posts
              Posted: December 23, 2004, 2:36 am - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by rabbitfoot on December 22, 2004

RJOh

From your post, I can only assume that you are one of those you believe that a "magical system" does exist hidden somewhere among the numbers.  I for one, think not!

I don't think there's anything hidden or magical at all.  If you cover all the  combinations, you'll win the big prize and if you wheel all the numbers to cover a minimum winning combination, you will win something for sure, but neither system is practical financially.  I prefer and enjoy picking my numbers, that way I play only the numbers I like and good or bad, I make my own luck. 

That doesn't mean I believe in Santa Claus or the tooth fairy.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
              RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #620
                August 25, 2002
                205 Posts
                Posted: December 23, 2004, 9:24 am - IP Logged

RHOJ: "... I make my own luck."

Finally, I now know where you truely stand.

Happy Holidays,

Rabbitfoot 

United States
                  Member #89
                  January 18, 2002
                  2092 Posts
                  Posted: December 23, 2004, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

I believe that we are all in a continuing and standing convention right here on the Post. It's broken down into various lottery games and there are sections for discussions such as: Math; general questions and answers; "magical" topics; Bloggery; websites; sales of goods for the lottery enthusiast; several links pertaining to lottery lore and state by state results--- This Is A Convention and so far it hasn't gone away as many have at other websites.

Some folks act as though they have sat on a tack when having discussions but for the most part---we all calm down and get back to business which is: finding as many ways as possible to skin the various state gaming commissions and line our purses with their money that was removed because of unlucky or dumb plays by us to begin with. I don't believe that a better, compact convention can be found.

Teufellj...

SirMetro's avatar - center
                    East of Atlanta
                    United States
                    Member #6191
                    August 11, 2004
                    1389 Posts
                    Posted: December 23, 2004, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

As for the Lotto Meet in GA...would be delighted to hear more about it.

As for me...guess one of these days will actually believe my wife when she tells me that the Lottery is a chance game and can not be mathematically solved. Until then, like a good man...I am doing my damndest to prove her wrong...and so far...I ain't succeeding :-(

Sir Metro

They say a mind is a terrible thing to waste...poor silly fools would rethink that concept if they saw how my mind works.

Dump Water Florida
                      United States
                      Member #380
                      June 5, 2002
                      3114 Posts
                      Posted: December 24, 2004, 12:44 am - IP Logged
                      Quote: Originally posted by rabbitfoot on December 22, 2004

Yes, anything beyond a LUCKY guess.

Let me get this straight: You're saying every combination doesn't have an equal chance of being drawn?  That system selected combinations have less of a chance to win then a LUCKY guess?  Is that because the guess was "LUCKY" or was luckier because it was a guess?  Maybe you could post some example combinations that can't win.  BobP

United States
                        Member #620
                        August 25, 2002
                        205 Posts
                        Posted: December 24, 2004, 11:57 am - IP Logged

Let me get this straight: You're saying every combination doesn't have an equal chance of being drawn?  That system selected combinations have less of a chance to win then a LUCKY guess?  Is that because the guess was "LUCKY" or was luckier because it was a guess?  Maybe you could post some example combinations that can't win.  BobP

I can't do it because no one knows when Lady Luck is going to tap you on the shoulder. And, when she does it doen't matter how you picked your numbers. So, all I can say is keep crunching your numbers and hope that someday they come up. In the mean time, I'll keep playing my favorite numbers & QP's.  The winner will be who ever wins the big one first.  Let' just hope it happens to one of us before we're to old to spend the money.

Dump Water Florida
                          United States
                          Member #380
                          June 5, 2002
                          3114 Posts
                          Posted: December 24, 2004, 12:43 pm - IP Logged
                          Quote: Originally posted by rabbitfoot on December 24, 2004

I can't do it because no one knows when Lady Luck is going to tap you on the shoulder. And, when she does it doen't matter how you picked your numbers. So, all I can say is keep crunching your numbers and hope that someday they come up. In the mean time, I'll keep playing my favorite numbers & QP's.  The winner will be who ever wins the big one first.  Let' just hope it happens to one of us before we're to old to spend the money.

You might want to give some thought to the kind of universe your belief system implies.  I tried to take it up with my fairy godmother, but she only works part time and has been out sick alot.  BobP
                            ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
                            Member #4416
                            April 22, 2004
                            1075 Posts
                            Posted: December 24, 2004, 3:12 pm - IP Logged
                            Quote: Originally posted by JAP69 on December 18, 2004

Red has hosted lottery meets in Atlanta. 

JAP69,

I suppose this response from you is the only information about anything resembling a convention for lottery players. Lottery Post is a terrific site with lots of good information, but I was really looking for information about an dvent where people actually come together to learn, share, discuss, network, etc in an organized real time, real life fashion.

I don't think that I'm familiar with the name "Red" on the boards. Is there a screen name associated with that sobriquet? I'd really appreciate it if you and Red could share some information about the lottery gatherings that have been held in Atlanta.

Thank you and good luck,

aye'

Lee's Summit, Mo.
                              United States
                              Member #6519
                              August 26, 2004
                              192 Posts
                              Posted: December 24, 2004, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

To BobP......Here are 33 numbers which contain 237,336 of the almost 3 mil 5 number Powerball combos and I have gone over each combo very carefully and I feel I can almost guarantee that the winning # for the 12-25 PB draw is not one of them.  Check each one of them out for yourself.

2,3,4,5,8,9,10,11,14,16,18,19,37,34,38,39,40,43,45,48,49,50,51,13,20,22,23,13,24,26,29,31 and 47.