Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 8:12 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

computerized drawings

Topic closed. 69 replies. Last post 11 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 2 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

do you think all states will be computerized eventually?

yes [ 27 ]  [57.45%]
no [ 12 ]  [25.53%]
maybe [ 8 ]  [17.02%]
Total Valid Votes [ 47 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: December 26, 2004, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

nothing is really fair anymore,the big wheels in power will get what they want and do whatever to get it.....i'll quit the lottery if my state ends up computerized,this is crazy....i do think in computerized states that they program the thing to spit out winning numbers that were bet on the least or not at all.........wow just think of the cash windfall that they could get by doing that!!!!!  it doesn't take a genius to figure out that some of these computerized states probably are doing it fully knowing most of the players will still play anyway....ahh the best of both worlds for lottery officials...a win win situation for them and a lose lose situation for you the lottery player........and its sad that people like losingjeff end up losing most of their money when if he would've been in a state with ball drawings he might've had an entirely different outcome....

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8394 Posts
    Posted: December 26, 2004, 8:55 pm - IP Logged
    It doesn't matter if it computerized, ball machines or of they had a blind man pulls the balls out of an elephants butt.

The lottery is set up to make money. people are playing a game of chance and chances are your not going to win once a year let alone 100 times a year. People who do win at the pick 3 and 4 games probably are spending half as much as they win, if not more trying to win again. Grant it Indiana needs to be straightened out. But people are winning in PA and other states almost as much as states that have ball drawings. A lot of states that are using computerized drawings might think they are taking out the threat of people trying to rig the game. Who knows. They fact that is cheaper for them to operate computerized games. Signifies change and wouldn't you want to change how you bought certain products if it meant you wouldn't have to put out more dollars to get your product.

Don't get me wrong I'm not for computers drawing numbers but like I said before to get them to stop this practice or change the states back to ball drawing were gonna need more ammunition than what we are displaying here. Some kind of proof the computerized drawing are rigged or falsifying data. Lots more signature than we have here. And we will need a voice that can direct this change at the higher levels of the lottery commission. 
      JAZZY JASPER's avatar - scenery water_mountains.jpg

United States
      Member #786
      October 14, 2002
      2723 Posts
      Posted: December 26, 2004, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

Hmmn ...

"It's not easy, being, GREEN! "

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
        Member #4416
        April 22, 2004
        1075 Posts
        Posted: December 27, 2004, 2:26 am - IP Logged

The New Mexico Lottery's website has a FAQ section that tells a lot about their use of RNG's. At least they own up to it in a forthright fashion. Many state lotteries seem to be trying to avoid talking about their use of RNG's. I found New Mexico's FAQ pages to be both interesting and informative. For answers, they have one of the best state lottery websites that I've found.

http://www.nmlottery.com/News/RNG_FAQ.htm

Good luck,

aye'

United States
          Member #9879
          December 26, 2004
          8 Posts
          Posted: December 27, 2004, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

the electoral college system. i see no one cmmented on that one. its a disgrace to our nation not only as a nation thatssupposed to be the model for everyone else, but a disgrace to those millions of voters whom dont realize that their votes are ignored and only the electoral votes count. thats a lot of gas wasted and food at resturaunts paid for and eaten fruitlessly on voting day. imagine what all those people would do if they realized all that effort put forth all those years wasfor nothing? imagine

Cali
            United States
            Member #9859
            December 24, 2004
            3 Posts
            Posted: January 1, 2005, 2:03 am - IP Logged

One thing that is worrisome about RNG is that they are created by a human being and the key algorithms for the seed could be leaked out to key accomplices and when you know the seed it makes it alot easier to pick the lock.

An example is the extreme means that some software companies go to encode keys to prdvent unlawful distritbution of their products (piracy) and yet people are able to crack encrypted keys and dongles that use complex RNG to defeat them (the pirates).

With balls it is nearly impossible to rig the outcome in advance. With RNG there is always one person who knows the result in advance and he is the programmer. It must be tough going home at night with the knowledge in your head. Especially with bills piling up.

Tennessee
              United States
              Member #7853
              October 15, 2004
              11338 Posts
              Posted: January 1, 2005, 2:35 am - IP Logged

i'm more comfortable with balls...i'm secure with balls......i'd rather have balls than RNG because like you said they can be tampered with or messed with and plus i don't think its as random...balls can't be touched or messed with.....

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
                USA
                United States
                Member #8242
                October 29, 2004
                1133 Posts
                Posted: January 1, 2005, 4:05 am - IP Logged

Hey LottoMike, you got 666 posts right now. I've recently saw twice, the numbers 666 on various websites, and recently I got a check for $666. Just before I was napping and had a nightmare... the kind where you try to wake up, but can't. I'm not particularly superstitious, but just in case

United States
                  Member #379
                  June 5, 2002
                  11296 Posts
                  Posted: January 24, 2005, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

Many years ago, the announcer for NY drawings said "the BALLS are in place"

United States
                    Member #1826
                    July 11, 2003
                    2645 Posts
                    Posted: January 26, 2005, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by CASH Only on January 24, 2005

Many years ago, the announcer for NY drawings said "the BALLS are in place"

Speaking of old draw shows, does anybody know of a site that has old drawings. I've seen sites with old news opens.

(insert signature here)

Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11338 Posts
                      Posted: January 27, 2005, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

lets hope the delaware situation puts the computerized drawings on a path to destruction,goodbye and good riddance to computerized drawings,i want all states to have balls,goodbye computers,i want balls!

United States
                        Member #1826
                        July 11, 2003
                        2645 Posts
                        Posted: January 28, 2005, 12:24 am - IP Logged
                        Quote: Originally posted by LOTTOMIKE on January 27, 2005

lets hope the delaware situation puts the computerized drawings on a path to destruction,goodbye and good riddance to computerized drawings,i want all states to have balls,goodbye computers,i want balls!

Everyone wants balls, not just Paris Hilton and RuPaul.

(insert signature here)

JADELottery's avatar - YingYangYong 01.PNG
                          The Quantum Master
                          West Concord, MN
                          United States
                          Member #21
                          December 7, 2001
                          3684 Posts
                          Posted: January 28, 2005, 8:30 am - IP Logged

Computerized outcomes are going to be so easy to predict.

Watch and see.

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
                          Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
                          Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
                          Knowledge is Beyond Belief
                          Wisdom is Not Censored
                          Douglas Paul Smallish
                          Jehocifer

konane's avatar - wallace
                            Atlanta, GA
                            United States
                            Member #1265
                            March 13, 2003
                            3350 Posts
                            Posted: January 28, 2005, 9:20 am - IP Logged

For any lottery player who hasn't sampled computer drawings, go play "Free Lotto" awhile.  Best I've ever gotten has been 3 numbers, but they did send me a check for $1.  Or for fun go to "BoundaryInstitute.org" sign up for free and they have a lottery game you play for instant results to see if you can beat the computer.  They also have a fun only twice a week drawing to see who can come closest to the California Super Lotto draws.  Both free to test your skills. 

Georgia already had one computerized game fall flat on its face, the "Change Game" which seemed to have enjoyed moderate player-ship at first then rapidly ran out of gas as shown by results posted on site.  We still have Quick Cash, an online Keno game drawn every 5 minutes which must be self sustaining because it's been in place a long time.  They're finally posting some recent drawing results for Quick Cash online which I believe has been done only since Ms. DeFrancisco took the helm.

Good luck to everyone!

four4me's avatar - gate1
                              MD
                              United States
                              Member #1701
                              June 18, 2003
                              8394 Posts
                              Posted: January 28, 2005, 9:47 am - IP Logged

Free lotto oh yea i've been playing it for about 3 years and i use the same numbers every day. Matched a few numbers for the $1.00 prize 3 times and the $2.00 prize twice. Had 4 out of 5 for a mortage, a car, 100,000 10,000 and 5 numbe5s for the 10,000,000 prize amount won so far$7.00.