Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 10:37 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

computers record the combinations played

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 12 years ago by southwind.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Columbia City, Indiana
United States
Member #2978
December 9, 2003
381 Posts
Posted: December 25, 2004, 4:14 am - IP Logged

Maverick:

Okay, that's it; I give up.

I never thought I'd see the day, but you've stumped me with that one. You've obviously put a lot of thought into this, so what would it take to get you to move to sunny Indiana and become our lottery director???

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: December 25, 2004, 4:37 am - IP Logged

lol,i got lost somewhere in the translation.......if we could maverick down to indiana to grill them with these questions he'd be a hero!

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
      Member #4416
      April 22, 2004
      1075 Posts
      Posted: December 25, 2004, 6:45 am - IP Logged
      Quote: Originally posted by Maverick on December 24, 2004

So far, the only minor potential problem that I can think of is if the winning jackpot ticket goes unclaimed for 2-4 weeks or longer, what happens to the rollover factor, since the lottery office would not immediately know if there is a winning jackpot ticket. I'm sensing that would not be a problem at all.

Maverick,

It seems to me that would indeed be quite a problem. Since lottery sales go right on, how would players know how much they're playing for if nobody knew for sure whether a jackpot had been hit? How would lottery officials know what size jackpot to advertise?  What if a jackpot were claimed in a subsequent drawing before a previous drawing winner had come forward? How would they know how much to pay out? Maybe I'm missing something about what you're saying. Please clarify.

Good luck,

aye'

Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: December 25, 2004, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

all the info is right there in the lottery database at lottery headquarters.they know seconds after the drawing whether or not a jackpot has been hit whether or it is unclaimed or not...same goes for powerball........they have it setup to where these kind of mistakes don't happen......

United States
          Member #9879
          December 26, 2004
          8 Posts
          Posted: December 26, 2004, 5:51 am - IP Logged

if you preset the liability on any game you are cheating. a game is supposed to be a game and if you preset the amount you decide you want to payout to the public then its no longer a game and if thats being done anywhere then those states should not have lottery games to begin with.

if someone goes and buys a ticket and the playslip is rejected for liability purposes then this is cheating.

who is to say whether or not you can win? if it breaks their bank thats their problem. if they dont have the money to payout then they dont need a game to run.

and this makes me wonder whether or not they can misuse the liability limit clause by rejecting all tickets except one for a certain number set?

what are your thoughts on this?

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
            USA
            United States
            Member #8242
            October 29, 2004
            1133 Posts
            Posted: December 27, 2004, 1:25 am - IP Logged

southwind, I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. Sorry.

Tennessee
              United States
              Member #7853
              October 15, 2004
              11338 Posts
              Posted: December 27, 2004, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

i think what he is trying to say is what if they start rejecting large sets of numbers that way it would be harder for players to play a certain set of numbers and therefore decrease the chances of winning.......

Morrison, IL
                United States
                Member #4657
                May 13, 2004
                1884 Posts
                Posted: December 27, 2004, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

If the lotteries did not have liability limits, then all online games would be pari-mutuel.  Even Powerball and Mega Millions have prize liability limits; they're just so huge that it's unlikely they'll ever bust (Mega Millions limits total prize liability for a drawing to the lower of 300% of sales or 50% of sales + $50 million).

United States
                  Member #9879
                  December 26, 2004
                  8 Posts
                  Posted: December 27, 2004, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

then thats cheating the public.

United States
                    Member #9879
                    December 26, 2004
                    8 Posts
                    Posted: December 27, 2004, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

recoding the combinations played is invasion of privacy and cheating. all thats needed is a encrypted serial number placed with each ticket to validate that ticket. you can call any vendor who manufactures any rng or ball machine to verify this. recording numbes played is not needed for security reasons at all. the tickets themselves are made of certain fibers and have hidden words and stuff within the entire ticket fibers. the machine pint head also is a special print head which is made for lottery vendors as well a thier clientel only. the ink upon the playsip has its own seperate dna as opposed to ink purchased in any retail facility. if the lottery security is as good as they claim it supposed t be then there is no need to record the numbers played . as far as i can understand the security of any state lottery is phenominal itself, so why should tey question thier own security by recordingyour personal numbrs and violate your privacy?

United States
                      Member #9879
                      December 26, 2004
                      8 Posts
                      Posted: December 27, 2004, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

if you are in doubt of this and you have acanner at home you cn scan your ticket and magnify it and see for yourself. toodles

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
                        USA
                        United States
                        Member #8242
                        October 29, 2004
                        1133 Posts
                        Posted: December 27, 2004, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

southwind, that's exactly what sparked my questioning thread. I totally agree with you. However, it's the rollover factor that is so far the only logical reason for them to record the number combinations (for Pick 6 games and also maybe Pick 10 games). If there is a solution for that, I'd love to hear about it.

Thank you for your input.

United States
                          Member #9879
                          December 26, 2004
                          8 Posts
                          Posted: December 27, 2004, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

no problem. ive scanned my tickets for ten years and i see all types of info dmbedded within the fibers you cant see with the naked eye. i also have used a counterfeit pen as used in retail facilities for money and the tickets come out asgenuine. i really dont understand why so many members here are ignoring your question or flapping off about security and the necessity for recording your personal numbers. maybe they dont feel that the numbers they have purchased are personal but i do. it doesnt say any where on the ticket that the ticket must be surrendered upon demand like a credit card. and if wasnt a sneaky thing on the state lottery part they would advise you that your numbers are recorded . i dot remember reading any where on any of my tickets anything saying that my numbers are being recorded in some database. and for those who say its to deter those who would make fake tickets well the lottery would laugh them out of the payout office as those bums would be led into a jail. so, you cant fake a ticket. even with your own retail machine from the state lottery.