Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 1:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Texas Computerized Drawings

Topic closed. 42 replies. Last post 12 years ago by LANTERN.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

How do you feel about Texas going to computerized drawings?

FOR [ 3 ]  [11.54%]
AGAINST [ 21 ]  [80.77%]
NO PREFERENCE [ 2 ]  [7.69%]
Total Valid Votes [ 26 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23273 Posts
Posted: January 31, 2005, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

Mackwynn,

Sorry to hear that, but welcome to Lottery Post.  Have you been visiting for long, or is this the first day you've come to this web site?

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

MollyG's avatar - happy
    TEXAS (yeah!)Katy
    United States
    Member #9019
    November 25, 2004
    523 Posts
    Posted: January 31, 2005, 2:13 pm - IP Logged
    Quote: Originally posted by Todd on January 31, 2005

MollyG:  I am not ridiculing you, I am debating youYou have decided to post a poll on a subject, in which most people disagree with your opinion.  I understand that makes you feel a certain pressure, but there is no need to say I am ridiculing you.  That is not my style.  I form opinions, and I try to back them up with fact-based arguments.

Todd, maybe so, but I REALLY wanted ONLY Texans opinions...not interference from outsiders/other states. You stated that the subject had been discussed previouslyWE, in Texas have never been confronted with it, it is NEW to us. Already, there have been at least 2 (or more) votes from people who don't live in Texas, along with lots of words AGAINST it.  I'm all for letting each adult make his/her own decision.

According to people registering, there are AT LEAST 46 (+) members from Texas; I'm sure more.  Some of them won't be on the computer until later today/tonight. possibly.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
      Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: January 31, 2005, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

I voted against, but only because of the cash 5 and the other jackpot games, as to the pick 3, they are already sc-- wing the game so bad as it is, that it hardly matters any more, how could it be worse, than it is right now, it stinks of undue manipulation.

As to the Cash 5 and the other Tx jackpot games they are not fully Scr--ed yet, so I think that they should be left alone as they are, maybe they want to change so that it will be easier for them to also sc--w them, with other states I don't care much, as a matter of fact some are better with computers, yes, even the pick 3 games, but Texas st--ks, they don't care what anybody thinks about them, so they do manipulate the numbers any way and any time that they want for as many times and as often as they want and they do it openly for everybody to see and they don't care what anybody thinks abouit it, they will go to computers to make it easier for them to do the same thing to their jackpot games.

They say, "If you don't like it, then don't play", so I then say, go to and then play some other better state, you don't have to put up with them and their underhanded tactics, if that does not teach them to behave, then nothing will. It will hurt them big in their pockets, that is all that they listen to.

You will be better off anyway having any and all states to play, check them all often and only play when the conditions are just right in one or more of them.

Good luck to all.

Money talks and it's all that really has a vote, if it hurts them there then they listen, otherwise they don't and won't.

Todd, feel free to edit some of the words if you really have to.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23273 Posts
        Posted: January 31, 2005, 2:24 pm - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by MollyG on January 31, 2005

MollyG:  I am not ridiculing you, I am debating youYou have decided to post a poll on a subject, in which most people disagree with your opinion.  I understand that makes you feel a certain pressure, but there is no need to say I am ridiculing you.  That is not my style.  I form opinions, and I try to back them up with fact-based arguments.

Todd, maybe so, but I REALLY wanted ONLY Texans opinions...not interference from outsiders/other states. You stated that the subject had been discussed previouslyWE, in Texas have never been confronted with it, it is NEW to us. Already, there have been at least 2 (or more) votes from people who don't live in Texas, along with lots of words AGAINST it.  I'm all for letting each adult make his/her own decision.

According to people registering, there are AT LEAST 46 (+) members from Texas; I'm sure more.  Some of them won't be on the computer until later today/tonight. possibly.

Sorry, but we don't have rules here that say someone can limit who replies to a message or votes in a poll.  It is not "interfering" if anyone wants to add something to this message.  Maybe you should start a "Texans Only" web site somewhere?  Here at Lottery Post, we're all considered one bunch of people, and everyone's opinion counts, no matter where you live.

MollyG's avatar - happy
          TEXAS (yeah!)Katy
          United States
          Member #9019
          November 25, 2004
          523 Posts
          Posted: January 31, 2005, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

I'm aware of the information in your most recent message.  With that in mind....maybe everyone from Texas will just respond to this thread with their opinion and not vote.  That would suit me just fine. That way, it could be narrowed down to the Texas members, along with WHO would register today, in order to vote; whether it be For or Against.  Seems more accurate with what I'm looking for, right?

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
            Beautiful Florida
            United States
            Member #5709
            July 18, 2004
            20117 Posts
            Posted: January 31, 2005, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

molly G, yes i am from another state, but i do have a lot of friends from the state of texas who have told me the lottery really stinks in that state. i hope you did'nt take my words harshly, but it makes my blood boil when i hear of a state going to computor. i am dead set against this and i'm just voicing my opinion. you might have been better off had you posted "for texans only". if they do suceed in implementing this atrocity against the people of texas, as lantern has stated " hit em in the pocketbook " that would make anyone open their eye's.....!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23273 Posts
              Posted: January 31, 2005, 2:43 pm - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by MollyG on January 31, 2005

I'm aware of the information in your most recent message.  With that in mind....maybe everyone from Texas will just respond to this thread with their opinion and not vote.  That would suit me just fine. That way, it could be narrowed down to the Texas members, along with WHO would register today, in order to vote; whether it be For or Against.  Seems more accurate with what I'm looking for, right?

It doesn't sound like you read my message.  You're still stuck on the "just Texans" thing, which is not what Lottery Post is about. 

I encourage everyone, not just Texans, to express how they feel about Texas going to computerized drawings.

MollyG's avatar - happy
                TEXAS (yeah!)Katy
                United States
                Member #9019
                November 25, 2004
                523 Posts
                Posted: January 31, 2005, 2:44 pm - IP Logged
                Quote: Originally posted by MADDOG10 on January 31, 2005

molly G, yes i am from another state, but i do have a lot of friends from the state of texas who have told me the lottery really stinks in that state. i hope you did'nt take my words harshly, but it makes my blood boil when i hear of a state going to computor. i am dead set against this and i'm just voicing my opinion. you might have been better off had you posted "for texans only". if they do suceed in implementing this atrocity against the people of texas, as lantern has stated " hit em in the pocketbook " that would make anyone open their eye's.....!

Yes, Maddong10, it really does
                Of course, I did NOT.

That's what I said on Todds original petition thread....I will just quit playing, if it is bad.

Thank you.

MollyG's avatar - happy
                  TEXAS (yeah!)Katy
                  United States
                  Member #9019
                  November 25, 2004
                  523 Posts
                  Posted: January 31, 2005, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

It doesn't sound like you read my messageYou're still stuck on the "just Texans" thing, which is not what Lottery Post is about. 

I encourage everyone, not just Texans, to express how they feel about Texas going to computerized drawings.

That's my line...

There are threads all the time, which narrow down to 1 state or 1 person, or 1 workout or 1 whatever. Until the thing came along, nobody cared about a state that they didn't play in ( meaning numbers that were posted)

I now realize that I did the wrong thing by making a Poll.  I should have just asked for their opinion on a regular thread, instead. It won't happen again.

Thanks,

MollyG

United States
                    Member #9000
                    November 25, 2004
                    378 Posts
                    Posted: January 31, 2005, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

Where did you hear about Texas using computer drawings?

:-)
                    Dave

MollyG's avatar - happy
                      TEXAS (yeah!)Katy
                      United States
                      Member #9019
                      November 25, 2004
                      523 Posts
                      Posted: January 31, 2005, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

viporfour, on Dawn Nettles site:  lottoreport.com

Amarillo/Austin
                        United States
                        Member #1424
                        April 25, 2003
                        696 Posts
                        Posted: January 31, 2005, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

Molly G:

First of all, Dawn Nettles does outstanding work and is a force for good in the lotto world.

Second, I personally don't mind non-Texans weighing in on the subject.  I would be interested in hearing from members from states that use computers to select the numbers and see what they think.

Not being a Texan isn't a crime.  A lot of people live happy, productive lives in other states.  Don't know how they do it, but there are some tough people in this world who are willing to put up with a lot. LOL (a joke)

Third, not playing is an option, but not the best one.  We should get together and skin those polecats in Austin for every dime they ever made from the lottery.  That as we said in the 60s, would be a revolutionary act . . .

Orangeman

MollyG's avatar - happy
                          TEXAS (yeah!)Katy
                          United States
                          Member #9019
                          November 25, 2004
                          523 Posts
                          Posted: January 31, 2005, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

lol...thanks, Orangeman. Yes, they need to be 'skinned'.

Well, as Todd said, the subject of computerized drawings has been discussed in the past, and it seems that everyone is against it...save a few.  I imagine if you did a search on it, you'd probably find something.  Personally, I wasn't looking for that. I already knew that most members don't want it.  I simply wanted to see how the Texans felt about what's fixin' to happen to us. That's all.  At the time I did the poll, I really didn't think it would be blown into this. I apologize.

If you frequent Nettles site, you must be aware how she fought so hard to stop the change in Lotto, not to mention so many other things. She IS an outstanding force for us.

Thanks for your response.

MollyG

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
                            Yinzer Country, PA
                            United States
                            Member #4067
                            March 18, 2004
                            2741 Posts
                            Posted: January 31, 2005, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

where did you find out about TX going to computerized drawings?

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

MollyG's avatar - happy
                              TEXAS (yeah!)Katy
                              United States
                              Member #9019
                              November 25, 2004
                              523 Posts
                              Posted: January 31, 2005, 5:36 pm - IP Logged
                              Quote: Originally posted by DoctorEw220 on January 31, 2005

where did you find out about TX going to computerized drawings?

http://www.lottoreport.com/results.htm  scroll down to the Cash 5 results.