Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Texas Computerized Drawings

Topic closed. 42 replies. Last post 12 years ago by LANTERN.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

How do you feel about Texas going to computerized drawings?

FOR [ 3 ]  [11.54%]
AGAINST [ 21 ]  [80.77%]
NO PREFERENCE [ 2 ]  [7.69%]
Total Valid Votes [ 26 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
Amarillo/Austin
United States
Member #1424
April 25, 2003
696 Posts
Posted: January 31, 2005, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

Molly G:

You don't need to apologize to anyone.  You started a great string and sparked discussion.  I am sure Todd feels the same way.

Orangeman

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
    Yinzer Country, PA
    United States
    Member #4067
    March 18, 2004
    2741 Posts
    Posted: January 31, 2005, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

has TX said anything about it yet?

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Austin,Texas
      United States
      Member #9740
      December 19, 2004
      2 Posts
      Posted: January 31, 2005, 6:53 pm - IP Logged
      Quote: Originally posted by Todd on January 31, 2005

Mackwynn,

Sorry to hear that, but welcome to Lottery Post.  Have you been visiting for long, or is this the first day you've come to this web site?

Todd,

I have been coming to this site for over a month, this is my second post.

I would like to thank everyone for the ideas that  they share here.

Mack

Texasman's avatar - rocket
        Glergenflergen, Texas
        United States
        Member #7809
        October 13, 2004
        962 Posts
        Posted: January 31, 2005, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

I voted AGAINST computerized drawings. 

I have no complaints about how the state is currently conducting the drawings.  The key is that regardless of the way a drawing is conducted or "screwed up", it is "consistently" screwed up and you can design workouts around a screwed-up system.  Heck, randomness itself is screwed up in its nature so it would be hard to win.  TLC can do whatever they want and it won't affect me, except for having to transition to the nature of a computer system as compared to balls.

Remember when TLC went to Midday draws?  Man, I hated that because I thought it would royally pillage my wallet.  It wasn't pretty the first several months of that. But, now, for example, I won three nights in the past week on Pick 3 ($40 and $80 wins) and four times on the Cash 5 ($2 and $9 wins). 

Again, I am against changing anything, balls to computer or to dealing playing cards or flipping coins, as it may cause hardship on making adjustments. It is my opinion that "change" period may screw things up and not the particular method.

Thanks, I enjoy this discussion.  Many of you have made some good points.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23260 Posts
          Posted: January 31, 2005, 8:09 pm - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by Texasman on January 31, 2005

I voted AGAINST computerized drawings. 

I have no complaints about how the state is currently conducting the drawings.  The key is that regardless of the way a drawing is conducted or "screwed up", it is "consistently" screwed up and you can design workouts around a screwed-up system.  Heck, randomness itself is screwed up in its nature so it would be hard to win.  TLC can do whatever they want and it won't affect me, except for having to transition to the nature of a computer system as compared to balls.

Remember when TLC went to Midday draws?  Man, I hated that because I thought it would royally pillage my wallet.  It wasn't pretty the first several months of that. But, now, for example, I won three nights in the past week on Pick 3 ($40 and $80 wins) and four times on the Cash 5 ($2 and $9 wins). 

Again, I am against changing anything, balls to computer or to dealing playing cards or flipping coins, as it may cause hardship on making adjustments. It is my opinion that "change" period may screw things up and not the particular method.

Thanks, I enjoy this discussion.  Many of you have made some good points.

Texasman,

Great post, really adds a lot to the discussion.  Congrats on your recent wins!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Pick 3 Fairy's avatar - faery
            Texas
            United States
            Member #44
            November 15, 2001
            3839 Posts
            Posted: January 31, 2005, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

Well Molly, I voted no Preference because TLC has screwed up every friggin lottery game we have ever had.  When the lottery first started, I won on all the games consistantly.  5 of 6 of the lottery 2 times, 4 of 5 of Cash 5 more times than I can remember and Pick 3 Straight even more times, more than I can remember.  I could track the numbers and win.  Now I am not braggin, it's just the facts.  Then TLC started minipulating the games by several balls sets for each game and at least 4 pretests drawings for each game.  So anything they do now is no surprise and cannot be any worse.  And God knows how many times I have written them telling them how sorry they are to try to deceive the players of Texas.  TLC is just about the sorryest of sorryest state lottery.  I hope like hell they are reading this.  Texas players, the only way they will ever know how disgusted we get is by swamping them with emails telling how sorry they are and how they cheat.  I am already on their S**t list so if by some big accident I would ever win and they found out it was me, they would probably call for a recall.  At this stage of the game, computerized drawings is no worse that what they are doing now.  TLC is greedy and that's all there is to it and one day they will stumble real bad and get caught.

The Fairy

Maine
              United States
              Member #99
              January 27, 2002
              1013 Posts
              Posted: January 31, 2005, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

I am very much against anything to do with computer picking. I can't imagine the screw ups, delays and problems that could occur. I work with computers every day and they are very far from reliable or infallible. I also am in the same boat with The Fairy. I used to do quite well with the pick 5 and 6 but then they screwed around with them and that other stupid pick 5 atrocity and it just doesn't pay enough in the lower prize amounts to even play them. They took the fun out of them at the same time. Who wants to work twice as hard for half or less reward?! I only play p-3 and it is far from "Easy"as the TLC says it is, in fact, it's a pain in the head most of the time. It didn't used to be so difficult and I've got to say that it feels like there already is a computer involved in the results somehow. Thanks Molly G for the lively thread. ALX

Amarillo/Austin
                United States
                Member #1424
                April 25, 2003
                696 Posts
                Posted: January 31, 2005, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

Molly did a good job, didn't she . . .

The Texas Lottery Commission doesn't care about the players, that much is obvious.

What can be done about it?  Nothing, really.  We have to remember that the TLC was founded to make a profit.  The players are just the suckers in a game of chance.  The best way to protest is to stage a boycott of all Texas games until they shape up.  That might get their attention.

I think that is already happening with Texas Lotto.  It grows about one million every time no one wins.  The public is already voting with their wallets by keeping them shut.

In the eyes of the TLC we are consumers.  A cow in a feedlot is a consumer and guess what happens to him.

By the way what do funeral directors call the citizens in the town in which they do business?  Inventory.  I'm not kidding.  Just read the annual reports from the funeral corporations.  Makes you feel important.

Orangeman

Justin's avatar - hatchap
                  Stevens Point
                  United States
                  Member #6457
                  August 24, 2004
                  3030 Posts
                  Posted: February 1, 2005, 1:45 am - IP Logged

Whether or not we can profit on the computerized states on i know it would be much harder to do in state. the problem is that many if not all of the states conducting computerized drawings do not even list the fact on their websites, in fact, i live in WI and i only found out we switched to computers over lotterypost! its ridiculous. they want to take away our live drawings because they cost too much, but we are the ones paying!

bottom line: sometimes computers can be good, sometimes they can be bad. i would take computerized drawings to 10-15 randomly used ballsets anyday for the pick 3.

any jackpot game should be kept with ball drawings. i dont care if they use 50 ballsets. using a RNG for a drawing worth $10,000 or more should be illegal, way too much money at stake......

i know i contradict myself sometimes but its just my opinion. and its late.

I believe life is about finding someone you cant live without

And showing them how much you care every day of every month of every year

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                    Tx
                    United States
                    Member #4570
                    May 4, 2004
                    5180 Posts
                    Posted: February 1, 2005, 4:54 am - IP Logged

I will never again play the pick 3 on Texas so long as pick 3 games can be played online, even if I ever play the Tx pick 3 it will still be online only, if they do go to computers I might never play Texas jackpot games again, maybe only the MegaMillions and that is not for sure either, since I like pick 5 games better, I don't like "bookeepers" as they seem to be callled, but I am beginning to think that they are the only choice left, other than going back to the old street gambling, since it looks as if the state lotteries can no longer be trusted at all, some state computer lotteries seemed to look O.K. to me, but now I see that It wasn't that they were O.K. at all, just that when they were compared against the Texas Lottery, they all looked reall good, The Texas lottery and the pick 3 in particular are so screwed up that any and all other lotteries look real good in comparison even those that use computers for their draws.

But now I am all out and completely against the use of computers for lottery drawings no matter where, I have been made a believer.

I already have not been playing the Texas Lottery for a very long time, I think that it's going to stay that way for sure, I was going to make a comeback to it, but after this, I now won't for sure, I wish that I could play other states jackpot games, online or where ever, but as far as I know that is not possible, well, I will just in the near future play on paper for the fun of it and if and when I play the pick 3 and or pick 4 it will just be online, the Texas lottery is not going  to get a pennie out of me, unless they keep their games straight and cut out all the bullsh*t, but that is not going to happen, so no more Tx lottery games for me. maybe just on paper, I would rather give my money to the online sites.

Screwed state lotteries won't get a pennie out of me no more.

You want the dollars, then you hurry up and straighten out all the bullsh*t, boycot the Texas lottery games, play MegaMillions and or Powerball online if you have to play them, give your money to somebody else instead.

Do you want to keep on playing Texas? Then do it online only. Boycot the Tx Lottery.

They play rough, then let's play rough ourselves too.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Justin's avatar - hatchap
                      Stevens Point
                      United States
                      Member #6457
                      August 24, 2004
                      3030 Posts
                      Posted: February 1, 2005, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

I totally agree with Lantern.

I believe life is about finding someone you cant live without

And showing them how much you care every day of every month of every year

Lee's avatar - nw archer.jpg

United States
                        Member #30
                        January 14, 2001
                        113 Posts
                        Posted: February 1, 2005, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

Ok

I'm for computerized drawings but I don't like the machine - ball or computerized manipulation. In Texas I have played all the games since they began and all I am seeing is ball result manipulation by machine and ball rotation in pretest draws. My picks usually come out in the predraws in Tx pick 3 it the first or second predaw if they hit at all.

The majority of lottery jackpots are won on quick picks maybe because most people buy quick picks? I'm not for quick picks but I like buying a few sometimes.

Somebody must be winning a lot of money with these machines and ball  draws?  Let me know if so.

Good luck whatever the outcome of all of this.

Lee

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                          Tx
                          United States
                          Member #4570
                          May 4, 2004
                          5180 Posts
                          Posted: February 1, 2005, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

Lee

if you think that you have it bad with Texas now you just wait untill they start using computers, you might never again win jackpot games, maybe just $2 prices, they are not doing this for the pick 3 they already have complete control of the pick 3, they are doing this for the cash 5 and other jackpot games, because is a lot harder for them to fully control those games and they want full and total control as they already have for the pick 3.

Maybe they are afraid of me and my brand new upcoming super filters and jackpot game techniques?

It's a way to have total control of price payouts by draw and game son they can get their money and with no surprises (total control).

THey will allow only so much money for prices per game per draw in accord to how many tickets per game and draw were sold, this way they can always get exactly the ammounts of money hat they want to make, per game-draw per month and year. (total control) with computers.

Very neat eh?

Very good for them = very bad for you (us).

How do you vote now that you know?

Why do you buy tickets? Just put your money in an envelope and send it straight to them? Make a donation to your state every day, be good.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."