Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Guru, yes or no ?

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 12 years ago by BobP.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
reddog's avatar - patch
Greensboro, North Carolina
United States
Member #1616
June 5, 2003
1287 Posts
Posted: February 16, 2005, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

I guess that is a no.

I manage over 200 employees, Guru. And I still have plenty of time to do what ever I want when I get home. It's called delegate and time management.  Are you the only one working in this 3D business ?

Belgium
    Member #2220
    September 2, 2003
    553 Posts
    Posted: February 17, 2005, 3:33 am - IP Logged

reddog:

I work together with my business partner.

So, at the moment we're doing the sales, administration, ... and all the 3D work ourselves.

We're thinking about attracting a full time employee (3D artist) at the moment to work with us, but really good 3D artists are difficult to find in Belgium.

Most Belgian talents are working for the big studios in England or America.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3104 Posts
      Posted: February 18, 2005, 3:18 am - IP Logged

Guru:

Don't most animation studios ship their work to asia for the grunt work of drawing the cells once the basic art has been established?  Admittedly I have no idea what you're actually making, I'm guessing commercials am I close? 

Some years back I was part of a team making a first person shooter doom style game called High Risk, the art was tough making eight views of walking, running, shooting enemies, barely got a working demo out before our game engine was outdated followed by a buggy 3D engine, never had a good AI.   One member turned it into a retro game called Pencil Whipped and won an award, no money in it. <sigh> BobP

http://3drad.com/links.htm