Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 11:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Someone hit mega - needs a fix

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 12 years ago by visiondude.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Greenwich, CT
United States
Member #4793
May 24, 2004
1822 Posts
Posted: March 5, 2005, 10:07 pm - IP Logged
Quote: Originally posted by jsk2001 on March 5, 2005

I would like 5/52 and 2/26

Just split the odds of the gold ball and have 2 of them.

That shifts the odds to 1:844,662,000.  I wouldn't mind those odds, with a few other changes.  You would have the potential for insane jackpots of $2-3 billion.  Just put in a second prize above the Match 5.  You could make a Match 5+1, for 1 or 2 million.

Bigger and better, it's the American way.

United States
    Member #972
    December 30, 2002
    465 Posts
    Posted: March 7, 2005, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

What is the ideal jackpot size & number of drawings to go without a winner? In other words, what should MegaMillions be aiming for?

I'm glad to have $200-300 million jackpots be an unusual dvent. Fun if it happens, but so what if it doesn't.  For now, I think everyone who believes that that MM is won too often should stop risking a small $10-150 million jackpot will be won with their ticket and not buy any until it gets to $200 million. 

Quote: Originally posted by dvdiva on March 2, 2005

Can barely break 100 without getting won. Still better than what powerball is doing right now. Hope these two games can get fixed ASAP.
    Looks like i'll just go back to loosing Quinto now.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
      Member #2338
      September 17, 2003
      2063 Posts
      Posted: March 8, 2005, 2:23 am - IP Logged

The average jackpot would have to be in the middle. It sometimes gets hit between 10-20 million sometimes around 50, 100 etc.

I don't mind the low jackpots getting hit. What I mind is when every jackpot is low. I think in order to rarely see a low jackpot won it would have to be over 250+ million but I'm sure they can calculate it out so players who play every game are still satisfied.

United States
        Member #972
        December 30, 2002
        465 Posts
        Posted: March 8, 2005, 9:21 am - IP Logged

I guess the question is what percentage of total combinations are covered when the "low" jackpots are hit, and how much have the number of combinations covered increased for the first few drawings after a jackpot is hit.  The lottery probably wants to keep the percentage covered about the same as TX and CA are added. But I personally find the odds of 135 million to 1 sufficiently brutal, and might decide it's just too brutal to get a ticket unless the jackpot is over $200 million.

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
          USA
          United States
          Member #8242
          October 29, 2004
          1133 Posts
          Posted: March 8, 2005, 12:45 pm - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by tg636 on March 8, 2005

I personally find the odds of 135 million to 1 sufficiently brutal, and might decide it's just too brutal to get a ticket unless the jackpot is over $200 million.

I'm not playing MM anymore. I realized just how brutal the 135 million to 1 odds are. I say F_ck that!
            dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
            Member #2338
            September 17, 2003
            2063 Posts
            Posted: March 8, 2005, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

Yeah but not all games are for everyone. You can't please everyone. I don't play pick 3 or pick 4 games yet most people here do. The pick 3 forum is the most active on this board. To me it's a waste of money, to the people who play it's exciting. I want a game that I can win a LOT of money. When jackpots reach a certain size and tickets spike upwards of 50+ million dollars in sales for just one drawing thats a lot of people who think just like me. Record jackpots bring record sales. Clearly the game has to have some balance so players play at all levels and sales drop a little when there is a matrix change but usually come back after a really high jackpot. I'm tired of having no choice but not to play. Cheaper for me yes, but not the choice I want.

Also states looking at the sales figures will have to demand a change sooner or later. The status quo isn't working especially for powerball. If megamillions changes for the better so it generates much larger jackpots the players in powerball states will be spending their money in a megaball state.

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
              light on my feet
              United States
              Member #356
              May 20, 2002
              2744 Posts
              Posted: March 8, 2005, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

since i go by the "if i am meant to, i will.  if i am not,  i won't" ...i never pay any attention to the "odds" as they do not affect whether i win or lose.  everytime i play,  it becomes more of a 50 - 50 (1 in 2) chance that i will win...

in fact,  the way i feel about it is go ahead and stack the odds so deep against me that it is seems insurmountable.  that way when i do win,  it is even more apparent as to "where' it came from.

i say go ahead and make it a nice matrix reward for lower tier prizes so that the people who fish for smaller fish will be happy.  then jack up the odds so that it will create huge jackpots so someone can unseat jack whittaker.

make it 5 billion to 1  .......that will play right into my hands

20/20  PEOPLEWITHVISIONDIGITWHENTHEODDSAREAGAINSTTHEM

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

kbcherokee's avatar - buffalo2
                Virginia
                United States
                Member #1712
                June 20, 2003
                1549 Posts
                Posted: March 8, 2005, 10:26 pm - IP Logged
                Quote: Originally posted by visiondude on March 8, 2005

since i go by the "if i am meant to, i will.  if i am not,  i won't" ...i never pay any attention to the "odds" as they do not affect whether i win or lose.  everytime i play,  it becomes more of a 50 - 50 (1 in 2) chance that i will win...

in fact,  the way i feel about it is go ahead and stack the odds so deep against me that it is seems insurmountable.  that way when i do win,  it is even more apparent as to "where' it came from.

i say go ahead and make it a nice matrix reward for lower tier prizes so that the people who fish for smaller fish will be happy.  then jack up the odds so that it will create huge jackpots so someone can unseat jack whittaker.

make it 5 billion to 1  .......that will play right into my hands

20/20  PEOPLEWITHVISIONDIGITWHENTHEODDSAREAGAINSTTHEM

Waaaaahoooo... Vision is back.

Hope your doing OK my friend.

"CHANCEFAVORSTHEPREPAREDMIND"

May the warm winds of heaven blow softly upon your house. May  the Great Spirit bless all who enter there. May your mocassins make happy tracks in many snows. And may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
                  light on my feet
                  United States
                  Member #356
                  May 20, 2002
                  2744 Posts
                  Posted: March 9, 2005, 12:19 am - IP Logged

CHIEF, 

5 billion to 1 sound ok to you ????

20/20 !!!!

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision