Welcome Guest
Log In | Register )
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Billions

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 12 years ago by tg636.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Avatar
Morrison, IL
United States
Member #4657
May 13, 2004
1884 Posts
Offline
Posted: March 10, 2005, 11:19 am - IP Logged

  If Mega Millions goes higher than 1 in 200 million, I will stop playing.

    Avatar

    United States
    Member #972
    December 30, 2002
    465 Posts
    Offline
    Posted: March 10, 2005, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

    The problem is this is too much. Too long odds, too much money for any single person. If anything like this ever happened, I'll stop any "Mega" game and go something smaller and saner.


      United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Offline
      Posted: March 10, 2005, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

      tg:

      Hot Lotto, not Mass Megais bad$.

        Avatar
        Washington,Michigan
        United States
        Member #11416
        February 13, 2005
        598 Posts
        Offline
        Posted: March 10, 2005, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

        Said it go pass 1 billions said 1.5 billions. They don't get that much. They take  alot outta it for taxes but still like 500 Millions is alot. I think they should go with it. See who will get all that money. I think someone from Detroit should win and then give money to rebuild Detroit.


          United States
          Member #379
          June 5, 2002
          11296 Posts
          Offline
          Posted: March 10, 2005, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

          Or maybe a Canadian will win, and they'll donate it to Windsor.

            Avatar
            Greenwich, CT
            United States
            Member #4793
            May 24, 2004
            1822 Posts
            Offline
            Posted: March 10, 2005, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

            I think huge odds could be successful if you had two jackpots. 

            California makes this possible for Mega Millions.  You could have a rolling jackpot similar to the current one, odds of 1:135,000,000, and then another rolling jackpot with odds of 1:1,000,000,000 that would just roll on forever and ever. 

            70% of the jackpot money could go to the regular 1:135M odds, which, when California joins, could mean similar rolls to what we see now.  Then 30% would go into the mega jackpot which would roll until it was won, once every year or two.

            So you could advertise a jackpot of $600 million, and still have a second prize of $85 million.

            Any thoughts?

              Avatar

              United States
              Member #972
              December 30, 2002
              465 Posts
              Offline
              Posted: March 11, 2005, 11:20 am - IP Logged

              http://forbes.com/home/billionaires/2005/03/09/bill05land.html

              Even the biggest Megamillions winner is a drop in the bucket to the really rich.