Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

...Why "Lottery Systems" Don't Work

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Maverick.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
Member #9517
December 10, 2004
1272 Posts
Posted: March 16, 2005, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

"It is very tempting to play the lottery. Just last week, there was a lottery in my area that had a grand prize of $110 Million! What you could do with all that money. Unfortunately, the odds of winning that prize were 1 in 54.9 Million. In other words, you'd be more likely to get hit by lightning or die in a plane crash than win. So, it's really a sucker bet. But, still, it's fun to play."

More text here:

...Why lottery systems don t work

Just thought this text was of interest even though we perhaps don't agree with what is written.

AriesMoon's avatar - ind ankh2.jpg
    Cleveland
    United States
    Member #11541
    February 17, 2005
    100 Posts
    Posted: March 17, 2005, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

MillionsWanted,

I'm sure it's an interesting article, however, I have opted not to read for two reasons.  1) The page would not display when I clicked on it AND 2) I'm glad it didn't display 'cause,  wouldn't you think that it would negate any positive flow you may have going relative to winning millions.  Let's face it, the odds may be high, but someone does dventually ends up winning...hey it could be YOU or ME for that matter.  When the time comes it just comes!! 

So let's go win some money!!!!!!!

Norway
      Member #9517
      December 10, 2004
      1272 Posts
      Posted: March 17, 2005, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

You're right. The link doesn't work right now.

So you think reading an article which says it's hard to win will make it harder for you to win?

You visit the mystical forum often I guess?

Cleveland
        United States
        Member #11541
        February 17, 2005
        100 Posts
        Posted: March 17, 2005, 2:46 pm - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by MillionsWanted on March 17, 2005

So you think reading an article which says it's hard to win will make it harder for you to win?

Ha! How'd you guess!  Yes!  I am a MYSTIC dweller.  For me, it's a mind over matter sort of thing, ya know!  For some, if they would read something to any negative effect, it may lesson their resolve and they lose their positive thoughts toward winning!  It could happen....but so could WINNING!!!

Peace.

Norway
          Member #9517
          December 10, 2004
          1272 Posts
          Posted: March 17, 2005, 3:04 pm - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by AriesMoon on March 17, 2005

Ha! How'd you guess! 

Your name made it easier to guess.
            LAVERNE MALONEY's avatar - smallgirl

United States
            Member #1987
            August 5, 2003
            8968 Posts
            Posted: March 17, 2005, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

AriesMoon, thanks for keeping the positive wave. It is soooooooooooo hard to keep life positive in the midst of so much negativity. I have to fight, fight, fight every single day. However, victory $till reign$.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19816 Posts
              Posted: March 17, 2005, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

Lottery systems do work, they just don't predict the future.  Lotteries systems are designed to store and analyze data about previous lottery drawings not future lottery drawings. Playing the lotteries is adult entertainment for folks who like to gamble a little for a slim chance of winning a lot.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Norway
                Member #9517
                December 10, 2004
                1272 Posts
                Posted: March 17, 2005, 3:46 pm - IP Logged
                Quote: Originally posted by LAVERNE MALONEY on March 17, 2005

AriesMoon, thanks for keeping the positive wave. It is soooooooooooo hard to keep life positive in the midst of so much negativity. I have to fight, fight, fight every single day. However, victory $till reign$.

It's not negativity - it's realism.
                  emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                  Member #14
                  November 9, 2001
                  31339 Posts
                  Posted: March 17, 2005, 11:35 pm - IP Logged
                  Quote: Originally posted by AriesMoon on March 17, 2005

Ha! How'd you guess!  Yes!  I am a MYSTIC dweller.  For me, it's a mind over matter sort of thing, ya know!  For some, if they would read something to any negative effect, it may lesson their resolve and they lose their positive thoughts toward winning!  It could happen....but so could WINNING!!!

Peace.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                    Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23259 Posts
                    Posted: March 18, 2005, 6:16 am - IP Logged
                    Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on March 17, 2005

Lottery systems do work, they just don't predict the future.  Lotteries systems are designed to store and analyze data about previous lottery drawings not future lottery drawings. Playing the lotteries is adult entertainment for folks who like to gamble a little for a slim chance of winning a lot.

RJOh

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Cleveland
                      United States
                      Member #11541
                      February 17, 2005
                      100 Posts
                      Posted: March 18, 2005, 8:41 am - IP Logged

While I am in agreement with what most everyone has to say here, I still feel that anyone who has a negative attitude toward winning the lottery might as well save their money and avoid the ticket window altogether.  Which is one of my strategies.  If I am having a low emotional day, I avoid the ticket window...what's the point???  However, on a particularly HIGH day (which I have most often), if I've got some numbers worked out, I'll go play 'em.  I usually hit.  Not for the BIG BUCKS YET, but I do get a hit!  Which is cause for some motivation!

For me, a good lottery system can, at the very least, give one an idea of the hot numbers that are "soon" to play.  The rest is up to the individuals intuition.  I've used mine and have come quite close.  Even in the Lottery Predictions forum..."systems" are being used there, computerized of personal, and I've seen some people make some gooooood predictions.  I recall thewiz posting some numbers from a lottery system he uses and BAM, five of his numbers played in the RC5.  I have a dear friend who uses his own lottery system and is thinking of creating a computer program out of it as well.

Bottoom line...my POSITIVE attitude tells me that it is only a matter of time for the BIG WIN!!!  Any day now, ya'll!!

peace.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                        Tx
                        United States
                        Member #4570
                        May 4, 2004
                        5180 Posts
                        Posted: March 18, 2005, 8:48 am - IP Logged

Lottery systems do work, Lottery systems do work, they just don't predict the future..

Put in trash get out trash.

They just don't predict the future; No, but you can do predictions according to statistics, in spite of the state lotteries, just don't tell them what statistics you are using, so they won't change them, any winning methods will become void as soon as the state lotteries find out about them.

As the game and statistics are changed, change you methods and the statistics that you use, or something like that.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                          Member #5344
                          June 30, 2004
                          23641 Posts
                          Posted: March 18, 2005, 2:35 pm - IP Logged
                          Quote: Originally posted by LANTERN on March 18, 2005

As the game and statistics are changed, change you methods and the statistics that you use, or something like that.

I could not agree more with you here.  The numbers are going to do a little changing.. Have a back plan to the system and play that until the system is back on track.

Diffferent system works for different people. Laverne is making a killing on her double finding method.. I am doing fairly ok with mine.. Mine is keeping me playing and allowing me to go on vacation.. However, I have to be prepared when the tables turn..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                            Tx
                            United States
                            Member #4570
                            May 4, 2004
                            5180 Posts
                            Posted: March 18, 2005, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

ThePenis

The people that play that pick 3 or pick 4 crap are stupid, the most they can win is a few hundred dollars max, not enough to even buy a good TV much less create a lifestyle change.

Just maybe is better to win a few dollars than no money at all

grand prize of $110 Million! What you could do with all that money. Unfortunately, the odds of winning that prize were 1 in 54.9 Million. In other words, you'd be more likely to get hit by lightning or die in a plane crash than win. So, it's really a sucker bet. But, still, it's fun to play."

About jackpot games it was already said above, "Unfortunately it's really a sucker bet."

But, like the pick 3 they are fun to play.

Further, the math of things is not even considered by most people.  Mathematically, any set of numbers is as possible as any others, there is no "system", only the ignorant people believe that a "system" exists.  Think about it, if a system were truly possible, don't you think the experts in Math, Combinatorics, and Statistics would consistently "break the bank" and the small frys would not get a damned thing.  Further, before any state monitored/sanctioned game is even implemented, trial runs, tests, and analyses are done to make sure that the game is truly fair, all sequences are equally likely, and no "system" could possibly exist (if a "system" could exist, then by definition the game is not a fair game).

Whoever said that games of chance are fair ?

It's all random statistics, luck and of course systems and methods based on the random statistics.

Chances are this and or that, randomness = chances = according to random statistics. What else is there other than this and luck ?

Of course, there is a saying, "A fool and his money will soon part"; Why do you think that people work so hard learning the games, so they won't be fools.

It's foolish to leave it to chance, you must make your own chances by learning the games and their statistics, you must make the rules of the games your rules.

You must get to know the statistics of randomness, play by the rules as given by the statistics, they change some-what yes to some extent, always changing within boundaries or limits so follow the changes as they go and also learn the upper, lower and middle average limits of the changes, there are many variables yes and they all have their many statistics and limits of change.

Enough said.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                              Dump Water Florida
                              United States
                              Member #380
                              June 5, 2002
                              3102 Posts
                              Posted: March 19, 2005, 2:46 am - IP Logged

Now that's a hard act to follow.

The article site was up and running tonight so I risked my positive attitude and read it.  As usual it was nothing more then sad-sack nonsense about getting struck by lightning we've seen before. 

While in a sense I agree there is no system, software or strategy formula that can guarantee a jackpot.  It is equally bogus to claim there is nothing you can do to improve your chances what-so-ever.  Just playing 9 numbers instead of 6 in a 6/49 game drops the odds of having all the winning numbers among your numbers from 13.9 million to 166 thousand.

If sweeping over 12 million combinations off the table isn't improving your chances of winning something . . .

BobP

Simple stuff for most people here, but worth a quick look.
                              http://www.lotto-logix.com/winlotto.html