Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

...Why "Lottery Systems" Don't Work

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Maverick.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
New Mexico
United States
Member #12305
March 10, 2005
2984 Posts
Posted: March 19, 2005, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

No, but you can do predictions according to statistics, in spite of the state lotteries, just don't tell them what statistics you are using, so they won't change them, any winning methods will become void as soon as the state lotteries find out about them.

I'd guess for the multi-state draws, if you are working one or another method with some success, if you fill out 5 selections on your forms, if you select the multiplier, and if you buy tickets at a single location, probably there's a computer somewhere that will flag the vendor for a closer look during subsequent draws to see how you're doing with the system.  Possibly they'll change something if it appears you are getting too much success, but probably it's not worth it for just breaking even with it, or intermittent wins.  Just a guess.

Jack

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
    Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: March 20, 2005, 9:41 pm - IP Logged
    Quote:I'd guess for the multi-state draws, if you are working one or another method with some success, if you fill out 5 selections on your forms, if you select the multiplier, and if you buy tickets at a single location, probably there's a computer somewhere that will flag the vendor for a closer look during subsequent draws to see how you're doing with the system.  Possibly they'll change something if it appears you are getting too much success, but probably it's not worth it for just breaking even with it, or intermittent wins.  Just a guess.

Jack

Jack

They might not say anything to the vendor at all, they might however review the numbers on the tickets that were sold just before and just after the tickets that had many winning numbers, they might also take note of the times, days and dates and if they finally think that all those winning tickets from all those days were sold to the same customer, then they might in the future sometime put somebody there to look to see and maybe find that one customer and then it's anybodies guess what they would do about it.

It all depends on how bold and secure they are and what resources they might have.

I will not speculate any farther than that.

I will say, that none of these is a fact at all, just speculations.

I am not accusing anybody of anything, this is all paranoia and nothing else.

Good luck.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #12305
      March 10, 2005
      2984 Posts
      Posted: March 20, 2005, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

It all depends on how bold and secure they are and what resources they might have.

Hi Lantern:

Maybe.  On the other hand, I'd guess they'd come nearer just watching, changing the deck it someone starts reading their marks.  When you're the house you don't have to Shanghai the customers to bust a flush here and there.

Jack

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
        Tx
        United States
        Member #4570
        May 4, 2004
        5180 Posts
        Posted: March 20, 2005, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

Jack

You are of course right, they would just change the "RULES" that they go by, they would not dare be known to the "CUSTOMER", but they do have to find out how he or she wins.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
          Member #9517
          December 10, 2004
          1272 Posts
          Posted: March 21, 2005, 4:55 am - IP Logged

Not to get you all too paranoid, but I perhaps they follow what's happening on this messageboard.

New Mexico
            United States
            Member #12305
            March 10, 2005
            2984 Posts
            Posted: March 21, 2005, 8:00 am - IP Logged

Sneaky hombres, they is.  Not to get them all hacked off and all, but my ownself, I couldn't care less.  Assuming such creatures as 'they' exist, their women would be wolf-toothed and hairy legged, the men, wimps, near insane torn between vivid interest in what our posts might say (yeah, right), and distraction, wondering what the wife's going to do next, or remembering what she did last night.

Salivating, hoping we'll say something they can take to the bossman and win a few browny points. 

For my part, I wish I could think of something to say that would help their case a bit, something that would cause their bosses to pick up the red telephones and call the guys wearing sneaky cammy costume ball masks who put mickeys in a guys drink and set fire to him in a back alley.

Yeah.

Jack

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
              Member #9517
              December 10, 2004
              1272 Posts
              Posted: March 21, 2005, 8:15 am - IP Logged

Well, we are not there yet.

So, no worries folks!

New Mexico
                United States
                Member #12305
                March 10, 2005
                2984 Posts
                Posted: March 21, 2005, 8:22 am - IP Logged

Sure we are, millions.

We all know how to win jackpots on the lotteries. 

We just aren't telling one another.  Posting phony numbers we know won't win, so's to throw everyone off the scent. 

Hanging around here squinty-eyed reading these posts to reassure ourselves that the secret's still secure, us Bill Gateses of the Rand0M NUmbers INDustreee.

Yup.

Jack

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  5120 Posts
                  Posted: March 21, 2005, 6:08 pm - IP Logged
                  Quote: Originally posted by Rip Snorter on March 21, 2005

Sure we are, millions.

We all know how to win jackpots on the lotteries.

We just aren't telling one another. Posting phony numbers we know won't win, so's to throw everyone off the scent.

Hanging around here squinty-eyed reading these posts to reassure ourselves that the secret's still secure, us Bill Gateses of the Rand0M NUmbers INDustreee.

Yup.

Jack

RIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEIP:

DO<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<you<<<<<<<<<<<<<<HAVE......a...............

system?????.............................................................??????????????????

PSYKOMO

New Mexico
                    United States
                    Member #12305
                    March 10, 2005
                    2984 Posts
                    Posted: March 21, 2005, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

Mostly, Psykomo, I just have a more-or-less conventional way of putting sentences together.  My use of the language is a bit regional and colloquial, but I do my best to make it communicate thoughts and ideas.

How about you?

Jack

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19825 Posts
                      Posted: March 21, 2005, 6:39 pm - IP Logged
                      Quote: Originally posted by Rip Snorter on March 21, 2005

We all know how to win jackpots on the lotteries.  We just aren't telling one another.  Posting phony numbers we know won't win, so's to throw everyone off the scent. 

Jack

Do you know of what you speak?  Or, are you just trying to inspire a conversation?

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

New Mexico
                        United States
                        Member #12305
                        March 10, 2005
                        2984 Posts
                        Posted: March 21, 2005, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

Hi RJOH:

I know of what I speak, but the quote you used didn't have anything much to do with anything true or false.  Nor inspiring conversation.  The quote comes under the heading of that piece of human intercourse known as 'being a smartass'.

I think you might be familiar with that one.

Jack

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                          Member #4877
                          May 30, 2004
                          5120 Posts
                          Posted: March 21, 2005, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

RIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEIP:

Mostly,............I have maine....y systems............................NOT MANY....I can

BRAGG-ABOUT!

NONE..............I wish to share................now, because.........ALL COST......... MONEY!

LOTS of MONEY.............................................................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKs to all who post, but I donnot............................copy other PEOPLE.. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW many PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP'PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE were in...... your saluation??????????????????????????????????????????????????

PSYKOMO

New Mexico
                            United States
                            Member #12305
                            March 10, 2005
                            2984 Posts
                            Posted: March 21, 2005, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

PSYKOMO

Sorry chum.  I can't cypher out your post in the time I alloted to doing it.  But I'd imagine it's all rhetorical, anyway?  Full of sound and fury, as the poet said, but signifying nothing?

Jack

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
                              USA
                              United States
                              Member #8242
                              October 29, 2004
                              1133 Posts
                              Posted: March 22, 2005, 7:43 pm - IP Logged
                              Quote: Originally posted by LANTERN on March 18, 2005

you can do predictions according to statistics, in spite of the state lotteries, just don't tell them what statistics you are using, so they won't change them, any winning methods will become void as soon as the state lotteries find out about them.

... which is why I feel Gail Howard's methods are not as solid as they use to be.