Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

...Why "Lottery Systems" Don't Work

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Maverick.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Maverick's avatar - yinyang
USA
United States
Member #8242
October 29, 2004
1133 Posts
Posted: March 22, 2005, 7:56 pm - IP Logged
Quote: Originally posted by BobP on March 19, 2005

While in a sense I agree there is no system, software or strategy formula that can guarantee a jackpot.  It is equally bogus to claim there is nothing you can do to improve your chances what-so-ever.  Just playing 9 numbers instead of 6 in a 6/49 game drops the odds of having all the winning numbers among your numbers from 13.9 million to 166 thousand.

If sweeping over 12 million combinations off the table isn't improving your chances of winning something . . .

That's where those fools lack intelligence. They only see things in black and white.
    USA
    United States
    Member #8242
    October 29, 2004
    1133 Posts
    Posted: March 22, 2005, 8:15 pm - IP Logged
    Quote: Originally posted by LANTERN on March 20, 2005

They might not say anything to the vendor at all, they might however review the numbers on the tickets that were sold just before and just after the tickets that had many winning numbers, they might also take note of the times, days and dates and if they finally think that all those winning tickets from all those days were sold to the same customer, then they might in the future sometime put somebody there to look to see and maybe find that one customer and then it's anybodies guess what they would do about it.

I've had similar thoughts. What are the ways they can "legally" change things to thwart our systems on a regular basis?

Ball set rotations. In New York it's changed in order. Do you think they would switch ball rotations erratically, without us knowing? If they do/did that, would that be illegal, or a form of rigging?

Increasing number field (but that can't be done regularly unless for good reason).

Any others?

USA
      United States
      Member #8242
      October 29, 2004
      1133 Posts
      Posted: March 22, 2005, 8:19 pm - IP Logged
      Quote: Originally posted by MillionsWanted on March 21, 2005

Not to get you all too paranoid, but I perhaps they follow what's happening on this messageboard.

... which is why I have become increasingly more and more hush hush with how I pick my numbers.