Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Stat option for Top Predictors

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 12 years ago by GoArmy.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Would you like to see a stat where "all states predictors" are not included? If not, why?

Yes [ 28 ]  [82.35%]
No [ 1 ]  [2.94%]
Don't care [ 5 ]  [14.71%]
Total Valid Votes [ 34 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
Mid-Missouri
United States
Member #644
August 31, 2002
4271 Posts
Posted: March 18, 2005, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

I would like to see and option added to see who the top predictors are that do not post "all states" predictions. Just curious to see if there are any others that feel the same way. I feel people that post state specific are more likely to do their homework for the states they post for and I would like to see who is best at posting for specific states. I feel the new options would show that.

Thanks for any input,

Bryan  :)

Prometheus1's avatar - trace9

United States
    Member #1344
    April 6, 2003
    177 Posts
    Posted: March 18, 2005, 9:29 pm - IP Logged

The reasoning behind this idea and the advantages are obvious. Good one Bryan.

PROMETHEUS       

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
      Member #14
      November 9, 2001
      31546 Posts
      Posted: March 18, 2005, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

excellent idea!!!!

love to nibble those micey feet.

GoArmy's avatar - redcross
        Waukegan, IL
        United States
        Member #8043
        October 22, 2004
        753 Posts
        Posted: March 18, 2005, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

Fantastic idea Bryan.

Bluegrass's avatar - nw archer.jpg
          Killer's Cove
          United States
          Member #57
          December 17, 2001
          5662 Posts
          Posted: March 18, 2005, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

Excellent suggestion Bryan !  bg

US Flag    Life i$ good !  US Flagbg

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
            Member #5344
            June 30, 2004
            23641 Posts
            Posted: March 19, 2005, 12:13 am - IP Logged

I with you guys

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Poway CA (San Diego County)
              United States
              Member #3489
              January 25, 2004
              14120 Posts
              Posted: March 19, 2005, 12:26 am - IP Logged

I think it is an excellent idea, if it can be done.  I will admit that for tomorrow I did an all states and I may do it again for the entire week next week.  Why?  Because I have spent a lot of time collecting data on the top numbers that hit in Pick 3 in all states and Pick 4 in all states.  I'm using that data to post at least until I see how it does.  If someone is just using quick picks and doing 50 of them for all states, they will have winners, of course, but their stats will show how well they do.  There are some tricks that I think will allow someone to actually post "all states", but fool the software.  When you think about it, the suggestion that Bryan made is not necessary.  The stats will show who is going a good job no matter how many numbers they post or if they are doing "all states" every time.

Mid-Missouri
                United States
                Member #644
                August 31, 2002
                4271 Posts
                Posted: March 19, 2005, 12:40 am - IP Logged

If they want to cut and paste to cover an all states bet and make it look like it's not more power to them. Wouldn't it be easier just to go over the real data. But I think in the long run you will be able to see who's who and in what state especially if you don't include the all states posters. The default could be as it is for all to see, but I would like to see an optional stat that doesn't include the all stater.

Thanks for the input so far. Would love to see more. Positive or not.

takeitez's avatar - japheth
                  Carters Lake, Ga.
                  United States
                  Member #5313
                  June 29, 2004
                  1065 Posts
                  Posted: March 19, 2005, 7:28 am - IP Logged

100%

I think you ask for this before and it was turned down, I do not know why. It is a great idea. If everyone selected numbers as if they were going to put money on them, we would see a lot less numbers but I think a lot more thought would go into the ones we do see.

gl

ez

No Pity!Guitar  Drum ........ in the long run........

AngelEyes's avatar - eye storm.jpg
                    Lucky Town
                    Bahamas
                    Member #2126
                    August 20, 2003
                    1004 Posts
                    Posted: March 19, 2005, 7:51 am - IP Logged

posting for all ******************** UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

one is goin to show up ,sure bet for me i would want to see who is tops in my states in which i play(ILL and Fla)

AngelEyes

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
                      Clarkston, Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #76
                      January 6, 2002
                      8528 Posts
                      Posted: March 19, 2005, 9:33 am - IP Logged

Bryan, I don't even look at the predictions that are for all states anymore.  Neither do I look at predictions that are longer than 10 predictions......

Why any person can pick 25-50 numbers out of a hat and win somewhere in all states....

The predictions for all states, they do me no good unless I play them all on the quarter site which gets very expensive.

The key word is "option"........some people like the all states prediction but in my opinon there should be an option for people like me. 

So, my vote is YES!!!!!!! 

Sandy

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                        Beautiful Florida
                        United States
                        Member #5709
                        July 18, 2004
                        20246 Posts
                        Posted: March 19, 2005, 10:07 am - IP Logged

i like the idea but the majority of people do not cover "all" states concerned. most cover only the states they feel they do good in. besides if you wanted you could post only in whatever state you wanted to already.. i don't know about other people who post "all states", but i for one do not pull my numbers out of a hat! i take pride in posting my numbers, after my homework is done for __all states. i'm not looking for any recognition as far as being a top predictor, i'm just trying to help other people win at this game..

As far as predictions are concerned you could be the best one week, and then be the worst the next. so what is the sense. after all i thought helping other people was the name of the game, not personal recognition....!   

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

Mid-Missouri
                          United States
                          Member #644
                          August 31, 2002
                          4271 Posts
                          Posted: March 19, 2005, 10:47 am - IP Logged

You are right Maddog10,

It is not about personal recognition. It is about seeing who is more consistent when they post for just a few states or a single state. That is the goal here. But it is hard to cypher with the other stats in the way. I was not trying to imply that all "all state poster" pull their numbers out of a hat and if it came across that way I apologize. Back when I posted for all states I did one or two states the right way and then I posted their numbers for all states. Sure I hit some, you can't go wrong when you play so many numbers with 2 drawings a day in 30 or 40 states. It's like taking candy from a baby. And that is not to belittle anyones picks, that is just a fact.

But this little add-on will help those who want to bet as little as possible and see who is consistent at doing just that. Again, I'm not looking for it being a replacement to what we already have, I'm looking at it as another tool to use. We already have the option to exclude all state posters when we view them why not follow it up with the stats as well?

Thanks for your input,

HOUSTON
                            United States
                            Member #1625
                            June 7, 2003
                            1089 Posts
                            Posted: March 19, 2005, 10:56 am - IP Logged
                            Quote: Originally posted by MADDOG10 on March 19, 2005

i like the idea but the majority of people do not cover "all" states concerned. most cover only the states they feel they do good in. besides if you wanted you could post only in whatever state you wanted to already.. i don't know about other people who post "all states", but i for one do not pull my numbers out of a hat! i take pride in posting my numbers, after my homework is done for __all states. i'm not looking for any recognition as far as being a top predictor, i'm just trying to help other people win at this game..

As far as predictions are concerned you could be the best one week, and then be the worst the next. so (I realized something close to this feeling the past couple of weeks) what is the sense. after all i thought helping other people was the name of the game, not personal recognition....! (Athough some positive reinforcement or encouragement can't hurt)   

Only those who attempt the absurd can achieve the impossible.

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
                              Clarkston, Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #76
                              January 6, 2002
                              8528 Posts
                              Posted: March 19, 2005, 11:02 am - IP Logged

Maddog, I didn't mean to imply you "pull them out of a hat"..........it was just a term of expression.  California Dude  did do the card trick and he was hitting for "all states" with just a deck of cards..............I know the deflate option does help narrow down the numbers and that is a plus...here is on for ya to try.....just post all the series numbers for every day this week......012-123-234-345-456-567-678-789-890......I betcha you will get a hit somewhere.......in fact, I think I am going to try that starting tomorrow............

Yes we can predict for each state separately and when I do predict it is that way now.  I think there should be a separate set of stats for it but I don't know how that possibly could be done.

I believe there is a "hide all state prediction" option when you go to the prediction board at the upper left.............when I go that is where I click on for a particular state.....that is available to us now. 

Sandy