Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Numbers and draw date magnetism

Topic closed. 66 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 5 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
New Mexico
United States
Member #12305
March 10, 2005
2984 Posts
Posted: May 27, 2005, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

LottoMike:  I'll concede that humans wouldn't be opposed to conspiracy if they thought they could get by with it, or if there was sufficient monetary gain, even if they figured they might get caught.

But we humans are fairly stupid in a lot of ways, fickle, jealous, and when we buy one another we can't be depended upon to stay bought.  That's why I rule out a conspiracy.

So maybe it's just coincidence.  Maybe it's flawed machinery misbehaving in ways we aren't looking hard enough to detect, all manifactured in the same places with built-in flaws (though that doesn't account for the RNGs having similar flaws that rhyme with those of the ball machines).

Or maybe there's something at work here that has those numbers responding to something we haven't bothered to measure..... 

Occam's razor demands that anyone looking for a solution pick the one that's least unlikely. 

Jack

United States
    Member #12495
    March 15, 2005
    76 Posts
    Posted: May 31, 2005, 8:24 am - IP Logged

Rip Snorter, I am a scientist, I need control experiment. Let' mess up with the date and perform a similar analysis. If you can still get some patterns, that means those are just spikes in statistical deviation. If pattern dissapears, then I would agree there is something there.

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #12305
      March 10, 2005
      2984 Posts
      Posted: May 31, 2005, 8:49 am - IP Logged

Your agreement isn't a necessary element in my life.  However, if you back test the method I just PMed you it ought to get the job done.  Combining that method with the 'date' method should give you the hole in probability theory you're looking for.  Plugging in some other methods you can find on other threads will get it down to 20 numbers most times.

Jack

United States
        Member #12495
        March 15, 2005
        76 Posts
        Posted: May 31, 2005, 10:32 am - IP Logged

Well, if I become a believer, then I would work on it, and feed you back with my new discovery. Isn't that the reason we are discussing here?

If I do not believe it, I will just wait for you to work on it. One less brain contribution.

New Mexico
          United States
          Member #12305
          March 10, 2005
          2984 Posts
          Posted: May 31, 2005, 10:54 am - IP Logged

No problem.

Good luck.

Jack

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
            Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: July 1, 2005, 6:26 am - IP Logged

LottoMike:  I'll concede that humans wouldn't be opposed to conspiracy if they thought they could get by with it, or if there was sufficient monetary gain, even if they figured they might get caught.

But we humans are fairly stupid in a lot of ways, fickle, jealous, and when we buy one another we can't be depended upon to stay bought.  That's why I rule out a conspiracy.

So maybe it's just coincidence.  Maybe it's flawed machinery misbehaving in ways we aren't looking hard enough to detect, all manifactured in the same places with built-in flaws (though that doesn't account for the RNGs having similar flaws that rhyme with those of the ball machines).

Or maybe there's something at work here that has those numbers responding to something we haven't bothered to measure..... 

Occam's razor demands that anyone looking for a solution pick the one that's least unlikely. 

Jack

probably just coincidence

New Mexico
              United States
              Member #12305
              March 10, 2005
              2984 Posts
              Posted: July 4, 2005, 12:55 am - IP Logged

I suppose so.

J