Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Millions changing June 24 -official

Topic closed. 59 replies. Last post 12 years ago by tg636.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
Member #2338
September 17, 2003
2063 Posts
Posted: April 19, 2005, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

Nice. makes playing multiple mega balls worth it.

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
    Member #9517
    December 10, 2004
    1272 Posts
    Posted: April 19, 2005, 7:13 pm - IP Logged
    Quote: Originally posted by MPJO on April 19, 2005

This is not Europe where we are all the same and we all should make the same amount of money and we all drive Yugo's and don't shower or shave or use soap.

LOL. You got a funny stereotypical image of Europe.

This would have been a more correct image:

Quote:

This is not Eastern Europe before 1989 where we are all the same and we all should make the same amount of money and we all drive Yugo's and don't shower or shave or use soap.

All of Western Europe has been capitalistic since the dawn of civilization.
      JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
      Member #5599
      July 13, 2004
      1184 Posts
      Posted: April 20, 2005, 12:03 am - IP Logged

It sounds to me like it's time to sharpen those pencils to deal with the new odds. It's a new opportunity to work on that new program/strategy you may have been putting off. The time for would have, could have, should have is over. Mega Millions has made their choice and it is time to deal with it. If there is a way to systematically win, it will be someone here who will find it. This is the Lottery post after all.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

United States
        Member #972
        December 30, 2002
        465 Posts
        Posted: April 20, 2005, 9:36 am - IP Logged

What exactly do you disagree with me on?  It was an analogy. If you would me to provide links to stories showing similar quasi-legal secrecy I will do so, but you can find those on other sites like truthout.org and whatreallyhappened.com.

As far as "conspiritive conjecture", it is a fact that at least Massachusetts sent out a letter to season ticket holders before they issued a real press release on the changes to Mega Millions. I don't think it's a "conspiracy" to speculate on why that was so. It is reasonable to think a group doesn't issue a press release because they don't want to publicize what they are doing.

I'm sure the President is thankful you are defending his denigration at the hands of weird thinking conspiracy theorists, now that "Jeff Gannon" is no longer around to help him out.

Quote: Originally posted by urug2000 on April 19, 2005

I am very happy to disagree with mr/ms TG636.  I want to feel that the lottery commissioners and staffs are no different from you players and me in that they are doing the "job" they were hired to do with honor and integrity.

In like manner i would like to think that LP members are honorable and respectable; especially TODD, our web master.

To denigrate our President over some weird thinking that exists only in one's mind is worthy of absolutely nothing, especially posting on this forum.

Can we not stick to our avowed purpose of developing some lottery jackpot winnings and veer away from conspirative conjecture?

New York, NY
          United States
          Member #13514
          April 7, 2005
          235 Posts
          Posted: April 20, 2005, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

Wasn't California involved in the Tri-State Lottery? I did not realize that CA was joining Mega Mil, but I'm glad to be getting the heads up regarding the matrix. $250,000 second prize would be COOL.

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: April 20, 2005, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

tn:

The "tri-state lottery" is ME-NH-VT.

Michigan
              United States
              Member #5145
              June 20, 2004
              15 Posts
              Posted: April 21, 2005, 5:41 am - IP Logged

Personally, I'd rather see 10-20 people get 10 Million dollars than one person get 100-200 Million dollars. No one needs that much money. People are too damned greedy.

LottoVantage's avatar - BRITIS 3.GIF
                Southeastern Ohio
                United States
                Member #13850
                April 16, 2005
                783 Posts
                Posted: April 21, 2005, 10:51 am - IP Logged

Quote: Personally, I'd rather see 10-20 people get 10 Million dollars than one person get 100-200 Million dollars. No one needs that much money. People are too damned greedy.

Chaos...I couldn't agree more! This general attitude is what causes the lottery operators to continually raise the bar making the system more and more impossible to win.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23259 Posts
                  Posted: April 21, 2005, 11:07 am - IP Logged

LV:

For an easy way to quote someone's text into your message, just click the Quote button on their message.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!

New York, NY
                    United States
                    Member #13514
                    April 7, 2005
                    235 Posts
                    Posted: April 21, 2005, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

Ohhh I had my lottery states mixed up. Thanks for the correction Cash Only.

New York, NY
                      United States
                      Member #13514
                      April 7, 2005
                      235 Posts
                      Posted: April 21, 2005, 12:28 pm - IP Logged
                      Quote: Originally posted by ChaosTheory on April 21, 2005

Personally, I'd rather see 10-20 people get 10 Million dollars than one person get 100-200 Million dollars. No one needs that much money. People are too damned greedy.

I agree. Honestly after the first few million I would be at a loss of what to do with the money. I just want to win enough to pay off my bills, and then return to college for my nursing degree!! To share some with family and invest. I think I could do that with 10 mil. What you all think?

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                        Member #4877
                        May 30, 2004
                        5114 Posts
                        Posted: April 21, 2005, 2:32 pm - IP Logged
                        Quote: Originally posted by ChaosTheory on April 21, 2005

CT:

We know.............those 10-20 will mi$$ their chance on this MM merry-go-

round,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but if they wait til after this winner on this J-Pot.............I

think they will get a chance at the last and final pot (small-oneeeeeeee)!

PSYKOMO

danisiri's avatar - Avatar all_for_Jesus.jpg

United States
                          Member #13684
                          April 11, 2005
                          77 Posts
                          Posted: April 21, 2005, 10:27 pm - IP Logged
                          Quote: Originally posted by TNPATL on April 21, 2005

I agree. Honestly after the first few million I would be at a loss of what to do with the money. I just want to win enough to pay off my bills, and then return to college for my nursing degree!! To share some with family and invest. I think I could do that with 10 mil. What you all think?

I know exactly what I would do.  I would use a about $20 million - pay for school, share with family and friends, give my tithe back to God etc. - and would invest the rest in a stable fixed income investment to live off the interest (likely municipal bonds to avoid federal income tax and the AMT).  Given the large amount though, I would likely set up a non-profit to manage the income.  But I live in CA, so alas, I cannot get in on MM just yet.

Actually, I am content financially where I am at now.  I play more for the possibility to be able to help people with the money rather than spend it on some selfish pursuit of materialism which would never fulfill me.  I only play $2 a drawing on the CA SuperLotto Plus, though once MM comes to California, I will probably split that to a $1 for each one.  The odds are so way out there that for me to win would have to be God's will.

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
                            light on my feet
                            United States
                            Member #356
                            May 20, 2002
                            2744 Posts
                            Posted: April 22, 2005, 2:10 am - IP Logged
                            Quote: Originally posted by danisiri on April 21, 2005

The odds are so way out there that for me to win would have to be God's will.

ahhhhh.  you are breathing the same air.

for quite awhile now i have watched people debate the odds/matrices changes in here, and how some have stated that they will not play any more if they "jack" up the odds as they say "it is already near impossible to win already".

not so.  whether the odds are 14 million:1 or "jacked" up to 175 million :1.  if you think about it,  there really isn't a difference in that it is still 1 person against several million "chances".    it then switches to the obvious...

"IF  you are meant to, you WILL.  if you are not,  you won't".

at that point to me,  the "odds" have zippo to do with it and coupled with that frame of mind as far as i am concerned,  you can jack it up to a gazillion:1 as it will then become more obvious as to "where" it came from.

i don't worry about changing the game and i only play (1) quick pick per jackpot draw.  i am probably the most "relaxed" about it all in here (lol)...

gee,  i hope i don't single handedly shut down lottery post after my (1) quick pick win, after a long time in here trumpeting that approach.  naw,  too many dreamers and desperate people roam these halls.  they will be right back at it the next day after the "message" sails right over thier head.

VISION (authoerandfinisherofthe1quickpickatlp)

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

United States
                              Member #972
                              December 30, 2002
                              465 Posts
                              Posted: April 22, 2005, 10:47 am - IP Logged

The odds are seriously against you in any lotto game. I find MegaMillions more fun to play than other games with better odds because it's more to dream about what I'd do with $200 million than with $1.5 million - I probably couldn't buy a little tropical island in the South Pacific with $1.5 million; there's a 1 in 52 chance at matching the megaball and at least getting $2, and I tend to view this game as either trying for the jackpot or the megaball; It is more bearable to continuously lose MegaMillions because the odds are so high you really don't expect to win anyway. I went 8 years in MA Megabucks without a single cash prize and that was pretty painful - you couldn't play the same MegaMillions number for 8 years and not win several $2 prizes.