Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Can an illegal collect the jackpot?

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 12 years ago by hypersoniq.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
emma pearl's avatar - yocco
monroe, michigan
United States
Member #321
April 30, 2002
2407 Posts
Posted: May 1, 2005, 12:11 am - IP Logged

Why are we making a big deal over illegals.  So if they hit big deal, it least it might make their life better.  Isn't that what America is about.

EP

Pray for world peace.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
    Member #14
    November 9, 2001
    31339 Posts
    Posted: May 1, 2005, 12:12 am - IP Logged
    Quote: Originally posted by emma pearl on May 1, 2005

Why are we making a big deal over illegals.  So if they hit big deal, it least it might make their life better.  Isn't that what America is about.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Redmond WA
      United States
      Member #5966
      July 29, 2004
      71 Posts
      Posted: May 1, 2005, 12:24 am - IP Logged

So if you buy a ticket from another state through the US mail which is illegal and let's say you are a legal citzen can you keep and cash the ticket in that state where it came from?

What if you are an illegal (from any country)  get a ticket sent to you through the US mail which is illegal from another illegal can you keep and cash that ticket in that state from where it came from?

Maybe Columbo might have to come out of retirement for this.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23259 Posts
        Posted: May 1, 2005, 12:29 am - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by emma pearl on May 1, 2005

I think it was just a question as to what would happen.  I don't think the person who started this thread had expressed any ill feelings towards illegals, they simply asked what would happen if they won.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23259 Posts
          Posted: May 1, 2005, 12:30 am - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by MPJO on May 1, 2005

So if you buy a ticket from another state through the US mail which is illegal and let's say you are a legal citzen can you keep and cash the ticket in that state where it came from?

What if you are an illegal (from any country)  get a ticket sent to you through the US mail which is illegal from another illegal can you keep and cash that ticket in that state from where it came from?

We need Columbo just to figure out what you're asking.

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8359 Posts
            Posted: May 1, 2005, 1:15 am - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by MPJO on May 1, 2005

So if you buy a ticket from another state through the US mail which is illegal and let's say you are a legal citzen can you keep and cash the ticket in that state where it came from?  MAYBE, MAYBE NOT lets say i buy a ticket from a friend in chicago he sends it to me in the mail. I win a prize so i pack my bag and go to chicago to cash the ticket. When i fill out the paper work to claim the ticket i have to put my legal address on the claim form. They might want to know how or where i purchased said ticket. Of cource i'm not going to tell them i had a friend mail it to me so i had better be prepaired if they ask any stupid questions. If this winning ticket is for a small amount then i don't think it will be a problem. But they might ask where i was staying at the time of purchase. So i would have to get an ok from the friend to use his/her address. Lots of travelers buy tickets in different states so there shouldn't be any problems cashing tickets. Although they (the lottery claim people) might ask to see hotel, food, or gas receipts to prove that you were indeed a traveler or visitor to that state where you bought said tickets and some dates to prove the fact that you were indeed there.     

What if you are an illegal (from any country)  get a ticket sent to you through the US mail which is illegal from another illegal can you keep and cash that ticket in that state from where it came from? Same answer applies here you had better be prepaired to give any information as to how when where etc.

wreakshavok777's avatar - enzyte thumb.jpg
              oklahoma
              United States
              Member #12313
              March 10, 2005
              165 Posts
              Posted: May 1, 2005, 1:25 am - IP Logged

ok 1 question ....I buy mega-million tickets online then I get them in the mail a couple days later, so what happens if i win? That,s a long ride to new jersey anyone got an address i can use?

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8359 Posts
                Posted: May 1, 2005, 1:35 am - IP Logged

Yea there mailing address is on there website..... but that aint how it's going to happen. You will have to go pick up the ticket wherever it was purchased from. I'ts against the law for them to mail you your mega tickets. And as of right now i don't know of any legit place where you can buy a megamillion ticket online.

And this gueston is really good because if you do win they say it's ok for you to fill out the claim form and mail it to them to claim the prize. I don't get that at all. However if i won a substancial amount and wanted to cash the ticket i would borrow the money to go there in person. Imagin how you would feel if the winning ticket got lost in the mail.  

Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23259 Posts
                  Posted: May 1, 2005, 1:40 am - IP Logged

Here's a general warning that I'll put out there, because it appears some people are using what I consider to be a VERY dangerous web site.

Any web site that mails you lottery tickets is involving YOU in a Federal offense.  If the post office sees that you are receiving lottery tickets in the mail, you may get thrown in the slammer.  It's that simple.

If you're using a web site that mails you lottery tickets, STOP USING IT IMMEDIATELY.

P.S.  Do NOT post the address of the web site.  If you have a question about any particular site, send ME a PM containing the URL of the site, and I will tell you about it.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                    Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #1340
                    April 6, 2003
                    2450 Posts
                    Posted: May 1, 2005, 11:06 am - IP Logged

Why would the canadians run here? certainly not for a doctor's appointment...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.