Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I think I am on to something big...But...

Topic closed. 287 replies. Last post 12 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 11 of 20
PrintE-mailLink
Poway CA (San Diego County)
United States
Member #3489
January 25, 2004
14120 Posts
Posted: May 11, 2005, 1:15 am - IP Logged

I just noticed that the Genius has posted another set for NY Midday 5/11.  Unbelieveable.  Well, the numbers I listed  were for the FIRST list.  This is what is called "Covering your 6" in the Navy!  So, I have no idea how many numbers are covered by his posts now.  Plus he says play them in the evening, but they might hit midday.  WOW!!

Well, at least we all know that we were taken for a ride and I have only $40 invested. 

Brooklyn
    United States
    Member #14754
    May 2, 2005
    53 Posts
    Posted: May 11, 2005, 1:38 am - IP Logged

Where in the world do you get anything about 72 tickets?

Those numbers I posted were only about 12-13 tickets

You are not understanding my predictions?

Brooklyn
      United States
      Member #14754
      May 2, 2005
      53 Posts
      Posted: May 11, 2005, 1:39 am - IP Logged

Where in the world are you getting all those bets from?

LOL I only posted 8 box bets....$4 if you play them for $.50 each, and 16 pairs

$8 if you play them $.50

Where in the world are their 72 tickets?

Brooklyn
        United States
        Member #14754
        May 2, 2005
        53 Posts
        Posted: May 11, 2005, 1:41 am - IP Logged

And where do you get anything about me playing only 10 numbers at a time?

I said I play only 10 tickets at a time.

Not ten numbers. lol, there are only 10 numbers between 0-9

LOL

You're a weird one

United States
          Member #8899
          November 21, 2004
          428 Posts
          Posted: May 11, 2005, 1:42 am - IP Logged

genius thank your for posting the numbers for ohio.  I will sure give them a try.

Brooklyn
            United States
            Member #14754
            May 2, 2005
            53 Posts
            Posted: May 11, 2005, 1:43 am - IP Logged

Ok, I see what you are saying, that my combinations cover 73 tickets.

Ok, I thought you were going insane.

Also, if you notice, when I started this post I said it was a PAIRS SYSTEM

lol, but, I play box bets only because I get hits alot....but, the basis of this system is for PAIRS.

Greenwich, CT
              United States
              Member #4793
              May 24, 2004
              1822 Posts
              Posted: May 11, 2005, 2:35 am - IP Logged

Wow, this thread was at page 2 last time I checked, hehe!

Genius has definitely stirred and shaken things up in Pick-3-ville.

I'm new to Pick 3 so I don't know much about pair betting, etc....but here's my interpretation of Genius' numbers.

He had these as box:   

620 - 6 combos

632 - 6

627 - 6

618 - 6

436 - 6

773 - 3

882 - 3

139 - 6

42 combinations listed above, out of 1,000, right?  Any combo would make Genius a winner.

Pairs

07, 70

18, 81

29, 92

37, 73

63, 36

67, 76

28, 82

80, 08

Does this mean that 071 could hit, or 607, and that "07" pair would be a winner?

So there would be 20 ways to hit with an '07' pair, not specifying front or back pair:

070,071,072,073,074,075,076,077,078,079,007,107,207,307,407,507,607,707,807,907

The same with the other 15 pairs listed above!

So that gives us 320 combinations, plus the 42 from above = 362

There are some duplicates, I'm not sure how to figure that out...although considering a third of the field is in play, I wouldn't expect more than 1/9 to be duplicates.  362 * 8/9 = 321.

Genius stands a 32.1% chance of hitting on any single draw with his picks.  A 67.9% chance of not hitting.  .679 * .679 (Genius hitting neither NY Evening 5/10 nor NY Midday 5/11) = 46%. 

Genius stood a 54% chance of 'hitting' in at least one of the two draws.

I think the math should be real close to accurate.  The point is...I don't know if his system works.  He had a 1/3 shot of getting it right.  Anything can happen on one draw, only a system repeated for months on end will reveal if you're beating the odds.

Welcome to Lotterypost, thanks for sharing your ideas, good luck in the future.

Brooklyn
                United States
                Member #14754
                May 2, 2005
                53 Posts
                Posted: May 11, 2005, 3:18 am - IP Logged

Jag, tell me something....how often do you win the lotto? Do you win enough to make a living off of it? Because I do.

Listen, randomly generated numbers do not maintain percentages. Why? because of doubles.

Belief in "percentages" will keep you as a primitve gambler forever.

You'll continue to line the pockets of winners, with your money.

Not sharing anything actually.

I'm going to be away for a few weeks, going to california to play at the hollywood park race track! :)

Wish me luck!

Good luck with my selections.

Greenwich, CT
                  United States
                  Member #4793
                  May 24, 2004
                  1822 Posts
                  Posted: May 11, 2005, 3:47 am - IP Logged

No, Genius.

This post was not about me.  It's all about you. 

I've played $3.50 in my life on Pick 3 and Pick 4 combined.  Do not try and take my analysis of your system and turn it into a JAG vs. Genius matchup. 

I've made no fabulous claims regarding Pick 3.  You, however, support your fantastic excursions to Cali to bet on the ponies by your system.  I'm very happy that you're able to make your living off of the numbers.

Yes, continued good luck with your impressive selections.

United States
                    Member #3489
                    January 25, 2004
                    14120 Posts
                    Posted: May 11, 2005, 9:59 am - IP Logged

Where in the world do you get anything about 72 tickets?

Those numbers I posted were only about 12-13 tickets

You are not understanding my predictions?

You said that pairs are counted as winners.  What are you not understanding about what a pair is?  For instance, one of the pairs you list is 18.  That pair covers 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, and 189.  If any of those ten tickets come in then you will claim a win.  That is how I get 73 tickets.

United States
                      Member #3489
                      January 25, 2004
                      14120 Posts
                      Posted: May 11, 2005, 10:01 am - IP Logged

And where do you get anything about me playing only 10 numbers at a time?

I said I play only 10 tickets at a time.

Not ten numbers. lol, there are only 10 numbers between 0-9

LOL

You're a weird one

Semantics.  255 can be called a "number".  When I talk about 0-9 I refer to them as "digits".

Actually, you are the weird one and you don't understand numbers anywhere close to most of us here on Lottery Post.

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
                        Clarkston, Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #76
                        January 6, 2002
                        8528 Posts
                        Posted: May 11, 2005, 10:11 am - IP Logged

lol....CD..........yes, my view changed when he said box numbers.......to get a straight off of those...........you would have to play enormous amount of numbers but the chance is always there that he picked them straight........

someone made the comment about my "all states" picks....well that is only 1.50 a day to play in your state for a chance to hit straight.......maybe hit, maybe not...but low investment...........

And the pairs...OMG.....goobs and goobs of numbers to make the combos.....

But I will say this.......Genius has an excellent pair program.....like Lantern said it is using the combined draw with an 8 x 8 matrix.  But as far as a combination program, we will see today if his OHio and NY picks hit.....

Sandy

United States
                          Member #3489
                          January 25, 2004
                          14120 Posts
                          Posted: May 11, 2005, 10:27 am - IP Logged

Jag, tell me something....how often do you win the lotto? Do you win enough to make a living off of it? Because I do.

Listen, randomly generated numbers do not maintain percentages. Why? because of doubles.

Belief in "percentages" will keep you as a primitve gambler forever.

You'll continue to line the pockets of winners, with your money.

Not sharing anything actually.

I'm going to be away for a few weeks, going to california to play at the hollywood park race track! :)

Wish me luck!

Good luck with my selections.

"Listen, randomly generated numbers do not maintain percentages. Why? because of doubles."

This was my big clue that you don't understand numbers.  Random numbers DO maintain percentages.  That can be proved, but I won't waste my time with it here.  To say they don't maintain percentages because of doubles makes no sense at all.  Doubles are part of the percentages!!  Wow, and at one time I thought you understood numbers.

"I'm going to be away for a few weeks, going to california to play at the hollywood park race track! :)"

A true "Genius" would find somewhere in New York that had off-track betting instead of going through the hassle and expense of traveling all the way to California to play the horses.  And, by the way Genius, California is capitalized as well as Hollywood.

retxx's avatar - mrthumbs
                            BOSTON
                            United States
                            Member #48
                            September 9, 2001
                            3584 Posts
                            Posted: May 11, 2005, 10:55 am - IP Logged

with the minds we have here on l p I bet it would not be too difficult for someone to figure out how genius arrives at his pairs picks. I am sure it is based on past results since he only chose to do Ohio and not Mass. I am a little irate as I am sure others are so c'mon guys lets go to work and come up with an answer to the puzzle.

takeitez's avatar - japheth
                              Carters Lake, Ga.
                              United States
                              Member #5313
                              June 29, 2004
                              1065 Posts
                              Posted: May 11, 2005, 10:59 am - IP Logged

The true random numbers are generated using atmospheric noise which for many purposes is better than the pseudo-random numbers typically generated by computer programs. If you want to know more, read the introduction to randomness and random numbers or go back to the random.org main page.

Just thought I would throw in something I read.

ez

No Pity!Guitar  Drum ........ in the long run........

Page 11 of 20