Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 3:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I think I am on to something big...But...

Topic closed. 287 replies. Last post 12 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 12 of 20
PrintE-mailLink
Calgary
Canada
Member #9419
December 7, 2004
228 Posts
Posted: May 11, 2005, 11:03 am - IP Logged

I like Jag's probability analysis on the pick3 pairs, although not complete, still very intuitive.  It's unfortunate in Canada we can't play pairs otherwise an excellent strategy could be employed here. 

I'll have to look into it a bit or someone else may want to look into it further, but I would think that if you chose a set of pairs like Genius has in his post, say 16 pairs, 8 front and 8 back.  Then wait until the Standard Deviation of skipped draws of those pairs hitting becomes equal to or greater than 3 Standard Deviations(99.7% chance).  Then, and only then, start playing the pairs until a win.  This is a similar strategy which I have played roulette to great success by using the Standard Deviation of a group of numbers before I start to lay bets.  I'm definately gonna follow this up. 

Anyway, thanks Jag for the idea.  Great post bro.   

Wow, this thread was at page 2 last time I checked, hehe!

Genius has definitely stirred and shaken things up in Pick-3-ville.

I'm new to Pick 3 so I don't know much about pair betting, etc....but here's my interpretation of Genius' numbers.

He had these as box:   

620 - 6 combos

632 - 6

627 - 6

618 - 6

436 - 6

773 - 3

882 - 3

139 - 6

42 combinations listed above, out of 1,000, right?  Any combo would make Genius a winner.

Pairs

07, 70

18, 81

29, 92

37, 73

63, 36

67, 76

28, 82

80, 08

Does this mean that 071 could hit, or 607, and that "07" pair would be a winner?

So there would be 20 ways to hit with an '07' pair, not specifying front or back pair:

The same with the other 15 pairs listed above!

So that gives us 320 combinations, plus the 42 from above = 362

There are some duplicates, I'm not sure how to figure that out...although considering a third of the field is in play, I wouldn't expect more than 1/9 to be duplicates.  362 * 8/9 = 321.

Genius stands a 32.1% chance of hitting on any single draw with his picks.  A 67.9% chance of not hitting.  .679 * .679 (Genius hitting neither NY Evening 5/10 nor NY Midday 5/11) = 46%. 

Genius stood a 54% chance of 'hitting' in at least one of the two draws.

I think the math should be real close to accurate.  The point is...I don't know if his system works.  He had a 1/3 shot of getting it right.  Anything can happen on one draw, only a system repeated for months on end will reveal if you're beating the odds.

Philadelphia, PA
    United States
    Member #9038
    November 26, 2004
    31 Posts
    Posted: May 11, 2005, 11:06 am - IP Logged

Hi genius011 thank you for sharing your picks please post Pennsylvania thank you

Poway CA (San Diego County)
      United States
      Member #3489
      January 25, 2004
      14120 Posts
      Posted: May 11, 2005, 11:07 am - IP Logged

The true random numbers are generated using atmospheric noise which for many purposes is better than the pseudo-random numbers typically generated by computer programs. If you want to know more, read the introduction to randomness and random numbers or go back to the random.org main page.

Just thought I would throw in something I read.

ez

That is all true, however it can be argued that atmospheric noise is not random.  It has a 60hz bias in the United States and 50hz in Europe.  But, it is better than PRNGs used by computer programs.  If you look at draws for a particular state (using computers or balls) for 1 year or more, you will find that the averages are very close to what is expected.  Yes, in the short haul they will be different, but random numbers will follow the averages in the long run.  If they don't, they are NOT random...think about it!!

Brooklyn
        United States
        Member #14754
        May 2, 2005
        53 Posts
        Posted: May 11, 2005, 11:15 am - IP Logged

Do you believe those picks I posted are my system?

You're kidding right?

I put the previous results to my formula, then come up with predictions.

Ok, if you believe in percentages, then you should be winning a ton of money with the lotto, and ya don't need me. lol, analysis, percentages, past results, hot numbers, doesn't mean SQUAT unless you can win 1 out of every 2 or 3 drawings. Does not mean squat. Go ahead, keep following technical analysis, and percentages, and keep paying my, and other winners bills. Thanks! :)

Yeah, it's like that. :)

And, geniusness, does NOT destroy your desire to want to travel. Especially when you have the money to. I am going to hollywoork park because I want to go to hollywood park, and I have family in California.

Hey, as long as I keep winning with my system, that's all that matters right? You guys are right, my system is no good, you guys when enough. And like sandy saids, you only need to invest $1.50 a day to win consistently, you guys don't need me. You guys when enough.

Take care! :)

United States
          Member #3489
          January 25, 2004
          14120 Posts
          Posted: May 11, 2005, 11:17 am - IP Logged

I'm not a genius, but I did find out where you can bet horse racing all around the country and not have to travel to the track!

http://www.nycotb.com/

If I had a system that won as often as Genius claims, I would be smart enough to bet on ALL the tracks and not have to travel.  Besides there are a number of meets that are going on now and you can't be at all the tracks at the same time.  But, I'm not a genius, so what do I know?

Better yet, I think Genius should travel to Atlantic City.  I'm sure they have off-track betting there and he could play the roulette table at the same time!  The best of all worlds!

Greenwich, CT
            United States
            Member #4793
            May 24, 2004
            1822 Posts
            Posted: May 11, 2005, 11:23 am - IP Logged

Genius, shouldn't you be at the airport by now?  Or do you have a private Learjet from your Pick 3 winnings?

Brooklyn
              United States
              Member #14754
              May 2, 2005
              53 Posts
              Posted: May 11, 2005, 11:26 am - IP Logged

LOL, this is why I am staying away from this forum.

Don't have to, does not mean that I don't WANT to go to the track. Did I meantion I have family in california?

And yes, I have a laptop, and an expensive pda.

Aaaah, this is my last post folks. You guys do what you want.

This is too annoying. I am not obligated to put up with this.

Keep playing the lotto and lining my, and other winner's pockets.

Thanks!

:)

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                Member #14
                November 9, 2001
                31544 Posts
                Posted: May 11, 2005, 11:27 am - IP Logged

he's not selling anything - stop attacking.  if you don't like what he says - don't read his posts. 

love to nibble those micey feet.

United States
                  Member #3489
                  January 25, 2004
                  14120 Posts
                  Posted: May 11, 2005, 11:34 am - IP Logged

Do you believe those picks I posted are my system?

You're kidding right?

I put the previous results to my formula, then come up with predictions.

Ok, if you believe in percentages, then you should be winning a ton of money with the lotto, and ya don't need me. lol, analysis, percentages, past results, hot numbers, doesn't mean SQUAT unless you can win 1 out of every 2 or 3 drawings. Does not mean squat. Go ahead, keep following technical analysis, and percentages, and keep paying my, and other winners bills. Thanks! :)

Yeah, it's like that. :)

And, geniusness, does NOT destroy your desire to want to travel. Especially when you have the money to. I am going to hollywoork park because I want to go to hollywood park, and I have family in California.

Hey, as long as I keep winning with my system, that's all that matters right? You guys are right, my system is no good, you guys when enough. And like sandy saids, you only need to invest $1.50 a day to win consistently, you guys don't need me. You guys when enough.

Take care! :)

"Do you believe those picks I posted are my system?

You're kidding right?"

Wow, have we been taken for a ride or what?  Now he admits that the numbers he posted are not from his system!  Well, I already have the $40 bet and can't take it back.

You say you keep winning with your system but you won't share your picks or system.  That's fine.  I hope you are leaving for California real soon.  Please don't visit San Diego.

But, you are right...we don't need you.  We thought you might be able to add something of worth to our quest to do better at playing the lotto games, but now we know that is not the case.  So, please just go make your fortune (oh I forgot you give your lottery winnings away) and let us do what we were doing before we were interrupted. 

United States
                    Member #14
                    November 9, 2001
                    31544 Posts
                    Posted: May 11, 2005, 11:38 am - IP Logged

leave him alone.  stop chasing everyone off.

LuvToWin616's avatar - happy
                      Canton, Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #12088
                      March 4, 2005
                      1165 Posts
                      Posted: May 11, 2005, 11:44 am - IP Logged

emilyg he is just messin with alot of peoples heads, why do u care so much about him??? all he wanted was attention and he got it

massachusetts
                        United States
                        Member #92
                        January 19, 2002
                        80 Posts
                        Posted: May 11, 2005, 11:47 am - IP Logged

I am in Emily's corner on this. You guys can't sat anything good then don't say anything! Now CD is picking on english grammar. Don't blame him for leaving.

United States
                          Member #14
                          November 9, 2001
                          31544 Posts
                          Posted: May 11, 2005, 11:53 am - IP Logged

emilyg he is just messin with alot of peoples heads, why do u care so much about him??? all he wanted was attention and he got it

i don't care so much about him.  this is a forum - he has as much right as anyone to post what he wants.  if you don't like it - don't read it.  there are a few people on this forum who consistently get mean when someone new shows up with ideas. 

Philadelphia, PA
                            United States
                            Member #9038
                            November 26, 2004
                            31 Posts
                            Posted: May 11, 2005, 11:54 am - IP Logged

Hi genius I hope you dont let A few people chase you away I dont see them sharing anything please post for PA .thank you

Greenwich, CT
                              United States
                              Member #4793
                              May 24, 2004
                              1822 Posts
                              Posted: May 11, 2005, 11:55 am - IP Logged

I have to side with CD and Luvtowin.  Emily and lootch, we didn't chase him away.  He's a charlatan.  One who builds a house out of grandiose claims, each one more unbelievable than the one that came before. 

Then when the flaws are pointed out, he runs away, blaming us for our misfortune in not appreciating what he could offer.  He won't post numbers again, because he knows he cannot consistently beat the odds.

Page 12 of 20