Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I think I am on to something big...But...

Topic closed. 287 replies. Last post 12 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 20 of 20
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23274 Posts
Posted: May 13, 2005, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

I know the older members were having a hard time with it. But i think there adjusting as well...

Now if we could just get the P3 and P4 to adjust...LOL  So we win everynight that would be cool...

Unlogical for the Lottery.. But cool for us...lol

Every time I make a major change, there is a certain segment that utterly hates it.  As a Webmaster, I have learned to deal with it without getting too bothered. 

I can remember the first time I completely changed Lottery Post.  It was when I spent months and months creating the new forums pretty much the way they look now.  Previously, I just had one message board and everyone would just keep posting messages one on top of the other in a very flat manner.  It made growing the site almost impossible, and had very few features.

Well, within minutes of going live with the fantastic new web site someone sent me a hate mail that said "HATE IT!  HATE IT!  HATE IT!"

Talk about being slapped in the face with reality!  To this day I still cannot fathom the lack of intelligent thought that went into that note, but I learned an important lesson:  No matter what you do, there will always be people who like it, and there will always be people who hate it.  It is unavoidable, so you really just have to do what you think is right and develop the ability to tune out the fringe complaints, while recognizing valid criticism.  So I make changes that make me happy, and hopefully other people will like it too.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

johnph77's avatar - avatar
    CA
    United States
    Member #2987
    December 10, 2003
    832 Posts
    Posted: May 14, 2005, 2:52 am - IP Logged

Although Todd's comments may be construed as a little off-topic for this thread, I feel it necessary to make a comment. Todd is the moderator, the owner of this site, per se. As its owner/moderator he has the right, the responsibility and the privilege of setting the site's appearance to suit him. Of course, when he determines how the site is going to appear, he has to take into consideration that thousands of people will be reading the information contained therein and that it is a forum intended for the exchange of that information. The contributors of that informatin also must take that into consideration when they alter the format of their messages before they are posted.

And every webmaster feels the same, or ought to. Although my personal site is also intended for the exchange of information, it looks nothing like the Lottery Post, is not intended to look like it and never will. But it doesn't have the same purpose, either. It is not a forum. Given that, the format, the layout, the overall appearance is my creation, my conception, my responsibility. But, as a site that is intended for the presentation of information I also have to take into consideration that others will be reading it and that the information has to be in such a format as to make that information legible and reasonably easy to access, given whatever measures have to be taken regarding security matters.

Todd has always welcomed comments, including constructive criticism, of this site. I've personally has a few problems in the past working within the limits he has set regarding posts I have made, but that's MY problem, not his. He sets the rules.

Enough. Off my soapbox.

gl

j

Blessed Saint Leibowitz, keep 'em dreamin' down there..... 

Next week's convention for Psychics and Prognosticators has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

=^.^=

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: May 14, 2005, 3:50 am - IP Logged

i feel like this....its his site and if he wants to let it go a hundred more years or ninety days thats his decision...personally i don't think there will ever be another site as good as this one is,its anything and everything you could want as far as the lottery goes......

Page 20 of 20