Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Beginning pick 3 filters tutorial for all

Topic closed. 66 replies. Last post 11 years ago by LANTERN.

Page 5 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
lottobrain's avatar - box
Smyrna, DE
United States
Member #10074
January 1, 2005
125 Posts
Posted: May 28, 2005, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

CalifDude:  I agree with you......trends are the way to go with the pick 3 for me too.  I pick my numbers on Sunday evening based mostly on what hit the previous week looking for patterns.  I play the numbers I come up with all of the next week, playing either boxed or combo for the most part.  My hope is to lock onto a winner that hits within the week, so I don't try to guess the straight hit , but spend the extra money on the combo to guarantee straight money.  My hope is "short odds" based on "long" money.  I usually have only 1-6 picks for the week and will be looking for only one of those to be the combo play.  If I get lucky and hit a .50bx early in the week, then I figure I am okay for the combo play the rest of the week on my main number. I only play it combo at certain times of the week when the numbers I used to get it from are in line with it from the previous week.  My theory is that a pair has odds of hitting about 1 in 18 or 19 draws, but if I stick with the hotter pairs, they may have an average of repeating within 12 -13 draws which puts my number extracted from them possibly hitting somewhere before, under or after the previous week's number.  I like to use numbers that are "one off" of a previous weeks number. For example in DE for the week starting on Mon 5-23 I liked 183 which I came up with from the previous weeks 308 and a few other number parts.  So far that one hasn't hit thru Sat. mid-day, but I have 2 more chances for the week.  I had picked 4 numbers for the week and I felt like that one was the strongest and so have comboed it several times when it looked the best.  Lottobrain

Poway CA (San Diego County)
    United States
    Member #3489
    January 25, 2004
    14120 Posts
    Posted: May 28, 2005, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

CalifDude:  I agree with you......trends are the way to go with the pick 3 for me too.  I pick my numbers on Sunday evening based mostly on what hit the previous week looking for patterns.  I play the numbers I come up with all of the next week, playing either boxed or combo for the most part.  My hope is to lock onto a winner that hits within the week, so I don't try to guess the straight hit , but spend the extra money on the combo to guarantee straight money.  My hope is "short odds" based on "long" money.  I usually have only 1-6 picks for the week and will be looking for only one of those to be the combo play.  If I get lucky and hit a .50bx early in the week, then I figure I am okay for the combo play the rest of the week on my main number. I only play it combo at certain times of the week when the numbers I used to get it from are in line with it from the previous week.  My theory is that a pair has odds of hitting about 1 in 18 or 19 draws, but if I stick with the hotter pairs, they may have an average of repeating within 12 -13 draws which puts my number extracted from them possibly hitting somewhere before, under or after the previous week's number.  I like to use numbers that are "one off" of a previous weeks number. For example in DE for the week starting on Mon 5-23 I liked 183 which I came up with from the previous weeks 308 and a few other number parts.  So far that one hasn't hit thru Sat. mid-day, but I have 2 more chances for the week.  I had picked 4 numbers for the week and I felt like that one was the strongest and so have comboed it several times when it looked the best.  Lottobrain

Very smart way to play!

atlasshrugged's avatar - candle
      Alaska
      United States
      Member #16217
      May 27, 2005
      287 Posts
      Posted: May 28, 2005, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

I found this thread and Aprils thread on "filters" most informative. I have printed up most of Aprils thread for reference purposes.  I am going to apply the theorys here (and a few of my own) and build my own personal Pick 3 buster program....... hopefully I will be retiring soon!! (hey a guy can dream)    I just wanted to especially thank LANTERN for all his effort with these threads.  Also Califdude and Todd for their input.  I just hope that someday I may be able to contribute something that you guys have not considered....

Thanks

I have also found this thread very interesting. Since I am new here could someone point me in the right direction to finding this other thread by "April." I will do my own searching as well. Thanks -Bonnie

wisconsin
        United States
        Member #15566
        May 17, 2005
        24 Posts
        Posted: May 29, 2005, 12:27 am - IP Logged

I found this thread and Aprils thread on "filters" most informative. I have printed up most of Aprils thread for reference purposes.  I am going to apply the theorys here (and a few of my own) and build my own personal Pick 3 buster program....... hopefully I will be retiring soon!! (hey a guy can dream)    I just wanted to especially thank LANTERN for all his effort with these threads.  Also Califdude and Todd for their input.  I just hope that someday I may be able to contribute something that you guys have not considered....

Thanks

I have also found this thread very interesting. Since I am new here could someone point me in the right direction to finding this other thread by "April." I will do my own searching as well. Thanks -Bonnie

he he.....the other thread was from the month of April,  it is also started by LANTERN (he has shown me the light!)  the way I found it was to click the resources button and found search forums, then did a search for "filters"

hope this helps.

I am looking at a variation of the Hi Low filter now,  I broke it into 5 sections    0-1=Low, 2-3=LowMiddle, 4-5=Middle, 6-7=MiddleHigh, 8-9=High looks promising.  Here in Wisconsin the last 2 draws have come up LHH, LHH and EEO, EEO  seems a bit strange.... still working on it

Good Luck

atlasshrugged's avatar - candle
          Alaska
          United States
          Member #16217
          May 27, 2005
          287 Posts
          Posted: May 29, 2005, 8:26 am - IP Logged

Oh yes, that did help and I found it. Silly me was looking for a user named April. Oops. I agree that it does look promising as I always play my numbers boxed or combo. -Bonnie

empassioned1's avatar - abns7
            Saint Louis, Missouri
            United States
            Member #17000
            June 9, 2005
            46 Posts
            Posted: June 13, 2005, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

twice last week it happened...with the root sums..

I think that is unusual.......every week there is at least one repeat

Last week:

083 =11 sum, 2 root sum evening.....

641 = 11 sum, 2 root sum the next midday

------------

this week:

168 midday = 15 sum, 6 root sum

978 evening = 24 sum, 6 root sum

---------------

This happens at least twice a week......I thought that was very strange and I did wonder about the "fix" factor.

Sandy, remember that there are only 9 root sums (if you don't count the zero!).  So in a 7-day period it would not be unusual to see one root sum repeat.  Twice would be a little unusual, but certainly not unheard of for random numbers.  But, if you think it happens often enough, then you can use that to your advantage (sort of) and play the same root sum for the next draw.  That's about 25 numbers each time, but it might make a little money for you. 

Good Luck.

What about the sum of 19?  Wouldn't that be an "Add Sum" (since I think the root sum is 19) of 10?  Or is the rule, add down until you have a single Add Sum digit?

Just curious as I'm putting some data into Excel

C.K.

If the eyes are the windows to the soul, let me see you without the shades drawn

What's a Hades Bunny?  Well let's just say you don't wanna be jumpin' over MY back fence.  But hey, you ain't afraid a lil white rabbit now are ya?

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
              Tx
              United States
              Member #4570
              May 4, 2004
              5180 Posts
              Posted: June 13, 2005, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

919 = 19 sum = 1 root (sum's root or standard root) and 9 Last Digit Sum's Root = LDSR

Sums are from 0 to 27

Sum's Roots are from 0 to 9

Last Digit Sum's Roots are from 0 to 9

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."