Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$215 million for Saturday!

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 12 years ago by weshar75.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19817 Posts
Posted: May 27, 2005, 5:03 pm - IP Logged

In Ohio, I have visited retailer that don't put out play slips until a customer ask for them or don't carry enough money to cash winning lottery tickets over $50.  I usually stop buy lottery tickets at those places since I prefer to cash my winning tickets where I buy them.  According to the Ohio's website, play slips should be available at each retailer and they should be able to cash winning lottery tickets up to $600.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
    Wisconsin
    United States
    Member #1303
    March 27, 2003
    1508 Posts
    Posted: May 27, 2005, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

Okay guys, I have a question. I'm serious. This is a question that may get me stoned. But here  it is....

Why is it that everybody in general seems to get all excited when the jackpot is 100 million or more, but they sniff and turn up their noses at less, and say the jackpot is "too small"?

Personally, I just play my 3 bucks each draw, and I don't even generally think about what the jackpot is...I mean, it is my understanding that the minimum jackpot for PB is 10 million bucks.  So, even if half of that disappears in various govt theiv.....um...taxes, that leaves 5 million bucks !

Who can't retire on 5 million bucks and live very very comfortably?

What's wrong with 5 million bucks?

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: May 27, 2005, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

Okay guys, I have a question. I'm serious. This is a question that may get me stoned. But here  it is....

Why is it that everybody in general seems to get all excited when the jackpot is 100 million or more, but they sniff and turn up their noses at less, and say the jackpot is "too small"?

Personally, I just play my 3 bucks each draw, and I don't even generally think about what the jackpot is...I mean, it is my understanding that the minimum jackpot for PB is 10 million bucks.  So, even if half of that disappears in various govt theiv.....um...taxes, that leaves 5 million bucks !

Who can't retire on 5 million bucks and live very very comfortably?

What's wrong with 5 million bucks?

i agree 5 million or 50 million,i'm not picky i'll take any amount of millions i can get!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19817 Posts
        Posted: May 27, 2005, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

Not everybody in general sniff and turn up their noses at jackpots less than $100M because if they did, those starting jackpots of $10M would never grow to $100M+.  The facts are a lot of people buy tickets when the jackpot is $10M and a lot more buy more tickets when the jackpot is $100+.  Most states say pick3 is their most popular game and the most it pays is $500.  There are many player here at lottery post who have posted 50 pick3 combinations and are happy to get a box hit.  If you like to gamble, the size of the jackpot doesn't matter.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
          Mcminnville, Oregon
          United States
          Member #3013
          December 13, 2003
          3047 Posts
          Posted: May 27, 2005, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

I would be happy with two winners as long as I was one of the winners on saturday.  I would also like it if I was the only winner either way it is going to be alot of money and that reeks of awesomeness!