Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Track together or seperate....

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 12 years ago by MADDOG10.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

How do you think the draws should be tracked?

As one game [ 9 ]  [52.94%]
As 2 different games [ 8 ]  [47.06%]
Total Valid Votes [ 17 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
takeitez's avatar - japheth
Carters Lake, Ga.
United States
Member #5313
June 29, 2004
1065 Posts
Posted: May 26, 2005, 9:13 am - IP Logged

From the postings in the past some say track together, some say track as separate games. Someone said it is like putting a long row of fish bowls with 10 balls in each then waking down the line and drawing 1 ball from each therefore track as the same game. Some say the ball sets and machines are different mid and evening therefore track as separate games.

If you would, please state your choice and the reason why. 

Thank you

Good Luck

ez

No Pity!Guitar  Drum ........ in the long run........

takeitez's avatar - japheth
    Carters Lake, Ga.
    United States
    Member #5313
    June 29, 2004
    1065 Posts
    Posted: May 26, 2005, 11:14 am - IP Logged

try it again

ez

No Pity!Guitar  Drum ........ in the long run........

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8363 Posts
      Posted: May 26, 2005, 11:34 am - IP Logged

Every state that uses ball machines might do there drawings with the same balls and machines and then againg they might rotate the equipment. Once in a while they might break out the newest equipment. Unless you or a friend works there you don't have a clue as to what procedures are in place.

Some places have the witness pick the balls sets and the machines from a group of machines. Some places might have the acting drawing official pick the balls and machines.

As far a tracking games is concerned track them seperate and together and see which game come closer to your pcks. So were left with these choices to decide which drawing to track. If you use a system and track only midday draws and that system is making you money then track midday draws. If evening then track evening. If both then track both draws.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
        Member #5344
        June 30, 2004
        23641 Posts
        Posted: May 26, 2005, 11:47 am - IP Logged

I use both draws.. Seems that picking which comes next is easier when going

mid to eve

eve to mid

mid to eve

I even broke Tn numbers down to look as if each is a separate draw... Picking has been easier..

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
          North Dakota
          United States
          Member #13397
          April 5, 2005
          1623 Posts
          Posted: May 26, 2005, 11:49 am - IP Logged

I almost won a $.50 box yesterday in TN.  I'm going to play GA and TN tonight. 

How are you going to win if you don't play?

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
            FEMA Region V Camp #21
            United States
            Member #520
            July 27, 2002
            5699 Posts
            Posted: May 26, 2005, 11:52 am - IP Logged

Takeitez, good poll question and it's something that I have grappled with for years and is always a good subject for discussion.

As four4me suggested, it would be very helpful to know how your state picks its machines and ballsets for each drawing.  For example, in IL the machines and ball sets are picked in a separate random drawing from fifteen machines and ball sets before each drawing.

In this situation one might consider combining the draws.  However there do seem to be anomalies between the results of the two draws.

In my experience in trying both approaches, these anomalies are more obvious when one is using longer draw histories so separating draws might be more helpful. 

I am currently using a very short history (last 4 draws) and have found more success combining both draws so I voted for combining.

(Edit:  in a state that uses machines for one draw and computer generated "random numbers" for the other draw, I would definitely keep the draws separate...in fact I wouldn't even play or track the RNG drawing as a matter of principle.)

Thanks for the post.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

konane's avatar - wallace
              Atlanta, GA
              United States
              Member #1265
              March 13, 2003
              3333 Posts
              Posted: May 26, 2005, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

I use both draws.. Seems that picking which comes next is easier when going

mid to eve

eve to mid

mid to eve

I even broke Tn numbers down to look as if each is a separate draw... Picking has been easier..

Have written the TN Lottery to find out whether TN Cash 3 and TN Cash 4 draws come from the same group of ballsets but have no answer yet after about 3 weeks.  Not holding my breath for an answer. 

Since you guys have our old lottery director I can almost guarantee that she is doing the same thing she did here by pulling both draws from the same group of ballsets, so do take both games into consideration when running down the numbers. 

Good luck to everyone!

SirMetro's avatar - center
                East of Atlanta
                United States
                Member #6191
                August 11, 2004
                1389 Posts
                Posted: May 26, 2005, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

I have noticed in GA that it varies every few days. Sometimes the winning number will come from the previous day (midday to midday/eve to eve) and then sometimes, they hit one after the other (midday to evening). I track the numbers by the game and as a combined total, hoping to catch it when I see the number occuring several places.

Sir Metro

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23274 Posts
                  Posted: May 26, 2005, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

Always separately for me.

An extreme example of why they should be separate is Pennsylvania:  midday draws are with a computer RNG, and evening are traditional ball machines.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                    Member #14
                    November 9, 2001
                    31361 Posts
                    Posted: May 26, 2005, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

seperate

love to nibble those micey feet.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                      FEMA Region V Camp #21
                      United States
                      Member #520
                      July 27, 2002
                      5699 Posts
                      Posted: May 26, 2005, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

Konane, I can understand your frustration at lack of response on this issue.  State lotteries should make their game rules and procedures completely open to the public.

I'm fortunate to know a stagehand who helped with the IL drawings so I have the inside scoop.  I seriously doubt that they would have provided me this info had I asked them.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
                        Member #6363
                        August 20, 2004
                        4063 Posts
                        Posted: May 26, 2005, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

Separate.

I would think if you track them together you would have to play both midday and evening all the time to get the number you are after. Since I track separate, I can play the midday game only or the evening game only without feeling like I am going to miss something by not playing the other drawing. For me it is cheaper and easier.

Many winners to you.

D_A

konane's avatar - wallace
                          Atlanta, GA
                          United States
                          Member #1265
                          March 13, 2003
                          3333 Posts
                          Posted: May 26, 2005, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

Takeitez, good poll question and it's something that I have grappled with for years and is always a good subject for discussion.

As four4me suggested, it would be very helpful to know how your state picks its machines and ballsets for each drawing.  For example, in IL the machines and ball sets are picked in a separate random drawing from fifteen machines and ball sets before each drawing.

In this situation one might consider combining the draws.  However there do seem to be anomalies between the results of the two draws.

In my experience in trying both approaches, these anomalies are more obvious when one is using longer draw histories so separating draws might be more helpful. 

I am currently using a very short history (last 4 draws) and have found more success combining both draws so I voted for combining.

(Edit:  in a state that uses machines for one draw and computer generated "random numbers" for the other draw, I would definitely keep the draws separate...in fact I wouldn't even play or track the RNG drawing as a matter of principle.)

Thanks for the post.

Not sure which lottery is older FL or IL, but FL posts ballset and machine information on their site for anyone to search.

My qualm is with lotteries which were set up during the computer era that do not have that information readily available, including GA which came about under Rebecca Paul's direction, also TN which did the same.

IMHO when an lottery entity is dealing with public money it should follow the example of FL and TX which post ballset information on their sites. 

Good luck to everyone!

four4me's avatar - gate1
                            MD
                            United States
                            Member #1701
                            June 18, 2003
                            8363 Posts
                            Posted: May 26, 2005, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

This post started about ball drawings and then someone threw computer draws into it. In computer draws there is no set way of determing which game to track.  If the computer is generating the numbers from the same chipset then i would track them both. If like Todd said in PA then seperate. The problem tracking the computers is the same almost with ball drawing in that unless you have an insider that could inform you before hand each drawing wether there using the same pc or a different pc. Or the same machines or a different machine the same balls or a different balls. One way to tell from draw to draw is like Rick said using the last 4 draws numbers and picking selections from those produce the better results. Going back 5 10 20 draws is like trying to pick good apples out of a dump truck full of bad apples since there is no way of knowing wether the are using different equipment every day.

i look at it like this moreover they use the same equipment when no one is there telling them to use different machines. Or if they got hit hard for a lot of money in the previous draws they might switch equipment.

If this is confusing you take a look at states that use balls last 5 draws seperate then together.

Are they drawing the same group of numbers or not. If they are all different groups ( not the same sets pairs etc) then they are probably using different balls.

Computer states do the same thing if they are drawing the same like numbers then they are probably using the same PC chipset. If not then they are probably using different equipment.

gilla's avatar - radar

United States
                              Member #566
                              August 13, 2002
                              2453 Posts
                              Posted: May 26, 2005, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

seperate and combined

gilla