Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Did you all give Adolf permission to print this stuff??

Topic closed. 55 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Todd.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23274 Posts
Posted: June 5, 2005, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

MollyG (and others),

If adolf lifts any content, graphs, or pictures and puts them on his web site without any credit as to the source, then yes, he is violating copyright law, because he makes money off of his web site.  (I.e., makes money off of MY owned property.)  Let me know if you find something like that, and I will get my legal staff to send him a nasty-gram.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

MollyG's avatar - happy
    TEXAS (yeah!)Katy
    United States
    Member #9019
    November 25, 2004
    523 Posts
    Posted: June 5, 2005, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

That's the whole point, Todd.  Apparently, he did not copy anyone's system/workout directly from Lottery Post.   I have not looked through all of them, so I don't know for sure.  He figured out how to work them, and posted his results. (Rest assured, I'm still not taking up for him)

Question is:  what can anyone do about it?

Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23274 Posts
      Posted: June 5, 2005, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

That's the whole point, Todd.  Apparently, he did not copy anyone's system/workout directly from Lottery Post.   I have not looked through all of them, so I don't know for sure.  He figured out how to work them, and posted his results. (Rest assured, I'm still not taking up for him)

Question is:  what can anyone do about it?

You can:

1. Never forget, and,
      2. When people ask about him, let them know what you know

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
        Tx
        United States
        Member #4570
        May 4, 2004
        5180 Posts
        Posted: June 5, 2005, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

"Dead_Aim said"

For all I know, he is a good man that has made some really bad choices lately. Time and his website will tell.

Seems to be that way, but I don't know him that well, In my very few dealings with him he helped me a lot and didn't do me no harm.

But if I was Dead_Aim I might maybe be also upset and again I might not, since he didn't do it to me, I really don't know how I would feel.

I have nothing else to say about this.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
          Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3104 Posts
          Posted: June 5, 2005, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

Lottery Post is a free site, there is no charge to read all the forum posts.  The information in the posts is being provided free to the other readers.  Like writing a message in chalk on the sidewalk, yes it's your message your copyright, but you are giving it away free to all who see it.  If Jay Leno says exactly what you wrote on the sidewalk, try and collect the writer's fee.

Actually Adolf is giving you credit using your screen names, and looking at Dead_Aim he did register not Dead_Aim but deadaims.com through a free domain registar.

Domain name: DEADAIMS.COM

Administrative Contact:
              Lottoman, DP Manager  x.a012174001dee87c@whois.tigertech.net
              ATTN: CALL TO GET PREFERRED ADDRESS FOR LEGAL NOTICES
              c/o Tiger Technologies LLC
              PO Box 21271, Dept W12174
              Oakland, CA 94620-1271
              US
              +1.5105273131
          Technical Contact:
              Technologies, Tiger  x.t012174001599e1c@whois.tigertech.net
              ATTN: CALL TO GET PREFERRED ADDRESS FOR LEGAL NOTICES
              c/o Tiger Technologies LLC
              PO Box 21271, Dept W12174
              Oakland, CA 94620-1271
              US
              +1.5105273131

Registration Service Provider:
              Tiger Technologies
              (510) 527-3131
              http://www.tigertech.net/
              Tiger Technologies offers free domain name registration and renewal
              with Web hosting accounts. Visit our Web site to sign up.

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
          Record last updated on 09-May-2005.
          Record expires on 09-May-2006.
          Record created on 09-May-2005.

Domain servers in listed order:
              NS1.TIGERTECH.NET  64.62.142.82
              NS2.TIGERTECH.BIZ 

Domain status: ACTIVE

The Data in the Tucows Registrar WHOIS database is provided to you by Tucows
          for information purposes only, and may be used to assist you in obtaining
          information about or related to a domain name's registration record.

I do find this approach odd and I also don't see why he wouldn't ask people if he could post their system and run tests on it.

My opinion is, if he is giving the information free I don't have a big problem with it.  If you have to pay to see this information which was meant to be free, that is wrong, perhaps illegal a violation of copyright and should be removed at the owner's request directly to Adolf not posted here in the hope he will return and find it.  Having found my free systems for sale on ebay, I know the feeling.

Who knows, I might be right. ;-)  BobP

Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
            Member #6363
            August 20, 2004
            4063 Posts
            Posted: June 6, 2005, 12:46 am - IP Logged

Bob,

We knew what website he purchased/got free, whichever. Underscore would make him lose lots of traffic and deadaim was taken. Gee, I wonder why he chose the other?

Adolf stripped the website down to a lottery links page after this all came out. He had a big welcome banner that said "Welcome to Dead_Aim's .com" which he removed. He also had my name on links that ask you to sign in, meaning you had to be a member of his website to see them and it is a pay site. Everyone is evaluating this after the fact when lots of changes have taken place. When I found out that he had purchased a website in my user name and here at the Lottery Post I had already received the gloating message about him supposedly cracking my system I didn't know how far he was going to go with this. Was I suppose to sit idly by and watch him take away something I started so he could develop it farther and make it into a money making deal for him because he happens to have the resources to do so? 

I don't think so. Also, I am not angry at you, I am frustrated with the situation at hand. I will contact Adolf directly and ask him to remove it.

D_A

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
              Dump Water Florida
              United States
              Member #380
              June 5, 2002
              3104 Posts
              Posted: June 6, 2005, 1:03 am - IP Logged

Read the domain information I posted again, he got the registration free, he must have some kind of multiple site hosting deal allowing this method where most web masters would just add another page name after their domain like we see on the address line above for lotterypost.com/threads etc.

If he made the web page you describe, no wonder he woke up and took it down before someone complained to his service.  I'm not defending him, I'm merely pointing out human nature.  People have brilliant ideas that quickly tarnish.

On the other hand, if someone could make any lottery system work, would we care where it came from originally? Is it even the same system if the original didn't work?  Lots of things we have today came after a pile of failed versions by many inventors, like when everyone was trying to make a working car or airplane, etc.  BobP

Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
                Member #6363
                August 20, 2004
                4063 Posts
                Posted: June 6, 2005, 1:34 am - IP Logged

My point is, if he got the website free or not is completely irrelevant. We know where he got the name, we know why he got the name, and we know what he was going to do with it. Make money off of me. Do I take issue with that? You bet! My system is not free. It has never been put in the forum. The results are free.

How do you feel about your free system being sold on ebay. You don't have any issues with the guy that is selling it, making money off of your ideas? Then you are a better man than I.

D_A

Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23274 Posts
                  Posted: June 6, 2005, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

BobP,

I don't think you're seeing the larger picture here.  Adolf is trying to make money off of his web site.  He is trying to attract buyers, using the good reputation of someone like Dead_Aim to do it.  There is nothing innocent about it, and I don't agree with your laid-back approach to it.

If Jay Leno created a new segment called "Dave's top-10 funny things", do you think that would be ethical?  Would you think Dave shouldn't be concerned, just because Jay isn't directly selling the top-10 list?

No, Dave should and would be upset, because the purpose of the top-10 list would be to attract more viewers, so that he could sell more ad space.

Adolf is hoping to con people into thinking he is Dead_Aim, or at least has his system available, in order to get more people to buy his memberships.

My dealings with adolf have been courteous in the past (for the most part), so before this incident I did not have any ill feelings towards him.  But that only means that I did not know who I was dealing with at that point.  Now I know.

This is not something that anyone should be laid back or permissive about.

True lottery fans should be all over this, because you know what?  The next time it's going to be lottery-logix.com or thelotto-logix.com, and you will not feel so good about that.

Trust me, I've already had at least two wanna-bees create lottery sites with similar-sounding names to lottery post, and while it's laughable in one respect, it's a kick in the face in another.

Something to think about.

New Mexico
                    United States
                    Member #12305
                    March 10, 2005
                    2984 Posts
                    Posted: June 6, 2005, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

Todd:

I appreciate your response to my comments.  But the fact is that the options appear to be the guy has committed a civil offense, in which case someone can sue him, a criminal offense, in which case some authorities can prosecute him, or he's just done something unethical, but legal, and nothing can be done about it except chalking it up to the shadow zone of human behavior that can be condemned by some and approved by others.

Evidently, the issues aren't even so clearcut as to allow for universal agreement as to whether he did something unethical.

A lot of strong opinion has been expressed here and a lot of people will probably avoid Adolph as a result.  Likely that's the most that will come out of it.

You've got a good website.  It's drawing a lot of users.  Unless someone comes up with something better you'll grow and people will keep coming back.  Keeping it on the leading edge seems to me to be the key.  Allowing yourself to worry overmuch about the kinds of schemes and apparent thefts that can't be prosecuted or sued away seems a burden you probably don't need to add to the ones you already have.

Jack

Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23274 Posts
                      Posted: June 7, 2005, 12:02 am - IP Logged

Jack,

I'm totally with you on that (not allowing this to be a distraction).  Your wisdom obviously comes from a great deal of experience, and I trust your opinion.

One of the things I am known for is my ability to multi-task an incredible number of things, so please rest assured that there is nothing that adolf or any other wanna-be can do that will divert enough attention from other matters to make a dent.

I have some very deep experience at ALL ranks in consulting, and one of the key things it has taught me is that you deal with matters as they come up.  Never procrastinate, and never let something fester.  I am not perfect at dealing with things that way, but I try to be.

I also understand that there are a variety of opinions on the forum (in fact, probably every conceivable opinion is represented here), so I know that people will not agree with everything (or anything) that I say.  But I will do my best to be honest with folks, and always live up to a core set of principles.  I will never back-stab people, and I will do my darndness to keep others from stabbing my friends — the members here — in the back.  Sometimes that means I keep discussions going a few too many replies, but there you have perhaps my most visible fault.

To those who want to go on dealing with adolf, I have spoken my piece, and you're all adults free to make up your own minds.  Whatever your choice, best of luck to you.

Cheers