Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 8:34 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Tennessee Lottery - ALERT

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 12 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: June 15, 2005, 6:32 am - IP Logged

every blue moon i'll buy a scratcher and usually just one when i do,i recently bought one corvette scratch off and won 20 bucks,i play mostly the cash 4 and lotto 5....

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: June 15, 2005, 6:34 am - IP Logged

one last thought.if they ever ever go to computerized drawings i will be done until then i'll play.....

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #12305
      March 10, 2005
      2984 Posts
      Posted: June 15, 2005, 8:12 am - IP Logged

Well I don't know.  TN needs to make a security section on their Web Page.  I love the fact the lottery was voted in to TN.  I wonder if this goes all the way up to Rebecca Paul or if it is just some backstabbing VP's.(IF THIS IS TRUE)  I feel be trade if this is so.  I sure hope it isn't.  It's hard to believe a STATE Lottery would do something like this to their loyal customers. 

I don't really know if they would chance this or not.  If they were talking about this in a public place others can hear them.  I don't really know if I believe this after thinking about it.  I seriously doubt the lottery officials would call us hillbillies and idiots.  We pay their salary. 

I was forced to "retire" with a very handsome severance (hush money) package and left alone.  I see too many people wasting their hard earned $$ on these stupid tickets and I sit here knowing they will NEVER, EVER win.  Any scratch ticket over 1000.00 is monitored VERY closely as to what county, store and time it is place out for sale.  By then, the corrupt individuals have their pawns in order to buy the winner.  I have ALOT of information.  I will mail it to you - I'm leaving anyway.  Just leave me a simple addy or p.o. box and It will be yours. 

You can find out easily enough.  This person's willing to send you the evidence.  Once it leaves his/her possession it will lose chain of custody, so it would be worthless in court, but you'd know whether your officials would do such a thing.

Might be you could go to the newspapers with it.  Might as well, because this person doesn't have any intention of going to the risk and trouble of taking it to a US Attorney, or the FBI.  He/she/s already accepted the 'hush money' and headed for the tall timber.

Jack

Shawnintennesse's avatar - British Pint_414_.jpg
        Springfield,Ohio
        United States
        Member #14006
        April 19, 2005
        3972 Posts
        Posted: June 15, 2005, 8:41 am - IP Logged

Well I don't know.  TN needs to make a security section on their Web Page.  I love the fact the lottery was voted in to TN.  I wonder if this goes all the way up to Rebecca Paul or if it is just some backstabbing VP's.(IF THIS IS TRUE)  I feel be trade if this is so.  I sure hope it isn't.  It's hard to believe a STATE Lottery would do something like this to their loyal customers. 

I don't really know if they would chance this or not.  If they were talking about this in a public place others can hear them.  I don't really know if I believe this after thinking about it.  I seriously doubt the lottery officials would call us hillbillies and idiots.  We pay their salary. 

I was forced to "retire" with a very handsome severance (hush money) package and left alone.  I see too many people wasting their hard earned $$ on these stupid tickets and I sit here knowing they will NEVER, EVER win.  Any scratch ticket over 1000.00 is monitored VERY closely as to what county, store and time it is place out for sale.  By then, the corrupt individuals have their pawns in order to buy the winner.  I have ALOT of information.  I will mail it to you - I'm leaving anyway.  Just leave me a simple addy or p.o. box and It will be yours. 

You can find out easily enough.  This person's willing to send you the evidence.  Once it leaves his/her possession it will lose chain of custody, so it would be worthless in court, but you'd know whether your officials would do such a thing.

Might be you could go to the newspapers with it.  Might as well, because this person doesn't have any intention of going to the risk and trouble of taking it to a US Attorney, or the FBI.  He/she/s already accepted the 'hush money' and headed for the tall timber.

Jack

Problem is what you be breaking the law here?....

Least penalty for commiting a crime in Tennessee ranges from probation. If your lucky. Or up to 11 months 29 days in county lock up. 

If you commited a felony crime in Tennessee by Tennessee Code Annutated. They can hold you in the county lock up here for up to 8 years!!!

And they always have a code for what youve done... Even if you havent done anything.

If it weren't for Vtracs and STXS where would we be?

New Mexico
          United States
          Member #12305
          March 10, 2005
          2984 Posts
          Posted: June 15, 2005, 8:54 am - IP Logged

Problem is what you be breaking the law here?....

After reading what the person's said several more times, I'm more inclined to believe it than I was in the beginning.  But the law's already been broken. 

This person's obviously culpable at one level or another or he/she would have taken the evidence to the authorities instead of being bought off.  There's further evidence of that in the fact the person was close enough to things to be able to accumulate the evidence so's to be able to extort a fat retirement out of them.  This person's gonna stay bought, except for posting an anonymous 'tip' on a forum.

The person sending you evidence amounts to destroying evidence, which is against the law.  But there's no way this evidence is going to avoid being destroyed anyway, one way or another.

Frankly, I wouldn't touch it with a fire ladder, wouldn't want to be any part of that mess.  But someone ought to.... someone in Tennessee, someone who's not afraid to go to some investigative reporter with it.

But the evidence is worthless, except in the hands of a witness who can testify to the authenticity of it, who can testify when, why and how it came into his/her possession.

Jack

New Mexico
            United States
            Member #12305
            March 10, 2005
            2984 Posts
            Posted: June 15, 2005, 9:23 am - IP Logged

Worthless, I should have said, except as a match to light one hell of a brushfire scandal in Tennessee in the hands of some wannabe Woodward/Burnstone who works for one of those rare media outlets that isn't in bed with the bad guys.

Truth is, it's probably one of those things a person's just better off not knowing, except by not buying scratchers in TN (or anywhere else).  You can't gain anything by trying to do your civic duty, but you can lose one heluva lot.  You don't have to walk through that particular barnyard to get some on your shoes.

The person who began this thread strikes me as a dispicable, bought off coward with pangs of conscience enough to fire a few parting shots, but still bought and paid for.  Nobody's going to make his life better having anything to do with someone like that.

Jack

Springfield,Ohio
              United States
              Member #14006
              April 19, 2005
              3972 Posts
              Posted: June 15, 2005, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

Worthless, I should have said, except as a match to light one hell of a brushfire scandal in Tennessee in the hands of some wannabe Woodward/Burnstone who works for one of those rare media outlets that isn't in bed with the bad guys.

Truth is, it's probably one of those things a person's just better off not knowing, except by not buying scratchers in TN (or anywhere else).  You can't gain anything by trying to do your civic duty, but you can lose one heluva lot.  You don't have to walk through that particular barnyard to get some on your shoes.

The person who began this thread strikes me as a dispicable, bought off coward with pangs of conscience enough to fire a few parting shots, but still bought and paid for.  Nobody's going to make his life better having anything to do with someone like that.

Jack

I Agree!

empassioned1's avatar - abns7
                Saint Louis, Missouri
                United States
                Member #17000
                June 9, 2005
                46 Posts
                Posted: June 15, 2005, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

I wanna reply to this, but everytime I think about it, I just get mad.

CK.

If the eyes are the windows to the soul, let me see you without the shades drawn

What's a Hades Bunny?  Well let's just say you don't wanna be jumpin' over MY back fence.  But hey, you ain't afraid a lil white rabbit now are ya?

Springfield,Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #14006
                  April 19, 2005
                  3972 Posts
                  Posted: June 15, 2005, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

CK.

Mad about what?

By the way i agree with some of that statment not all of it... I agree with not getting yourself into the good ole boy trouble...

Miss Bee's avatar - strawberry
                    nashville
                    United States
                    Member #4990
                    June 8, 2004
                    1376 Posts
                    Posted: June 16, 2005, 12:02 am - IP Logged

I don't post very often, however this topic  made me think, could this be happening, I'm sure to some degree yes. My friend has a store and I help out with the lottery stuff quite a bit, they had a 100,000.00 winner on the 5.00 jackpot ticket, and I know the people who were lucky enough to purchase it, I also know that when we order new scratch offs they can sit in the stock room a very long time before being placed outside, he never lets a ticket run out completley before ordering more, and the new ones get placed on top of the old ones, so they would have to buy several packs to find a winner and that wouldn't guarentee it. Such a large purchase of the same ticket might raise an eyebrow or two I am sure this type of thing can and does happen, but overall I think it is the luck of the draw, Tn does post pictures of the winners if they allow themselves to be photographed, I still think the chances of getting a large winning ticket are very good. The person buying the tickets would probably need the number on the back to determine which roll had the big winner, and discerned easily enough with the purchase of one ticket and of course if they had that knowledge then yes it would be very bad, not sure how many officials in the lottery have accsess to that information.Phil Williams with channel 5 news is a very good investigative reporter and has no problem making enemies with such investigations I would suggest sending him an email, he would get to the bottom of this scandel if in fact it does exsist.

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
                      North Dakota
                      United States
                      Member #13397
                      April 5, 2005
                      1623 Posts
                      Posted: June 16, 2005, 12:58 am - IP Logged

I say it's very hard or very dumb to talk about this at a public place.  Someone can easily hear this.  In my opinion that didn't happen.  If they were doin this they wouldn't take the chance for others to find out.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

atlanta
                        United States
                        Member #13754
                        April 13, 2005
                        53 Posts
                        Posted: June 16, 2005, 9:51 am - IP Logged

I never post but this made me  think.i always tell my friends never play scratches or megamil in an impoverished areas because when somebody wins its always in the middle class area or rich area and this does not suprise me. come to think of it why there are not many jackpot winners in the metro areas.

Konformthismfs's avatar - lisasham
                          CA
                          United States
                          Member #4429
                          April 23, 2004
                          426 Posts
                          Posted: June 16, 2005, 11:16 am - IP Logged

Without seeing this persons evidence i lean more towards him/her being someone who doesn't want the lottery in tenn or someone who lost a lot of money on it and is now out for revenge. If the facts are real and his/her intentions are real, they would have brought it out some other way then to post some note here. "POST THE FACTS".  Let's face it! A majority of us here can't even play Tenn Scratcher's because we don't live there. Until the facts are verified i wouldn't worry bout it. Tenn lottery hasn't been around that long so i'm sure the good ole boys that didn't want it all those years are still trying to deal with it. I never play scratcher's anyway, in any state! It only took a few scratches to realize this isn't for me.

It's not what you got,  It's what you give,  It's not the life you choose, It's the life you live! Guitar

CrazyinGa1209's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                            atlanta
                            United States
                            Member #9317
                            December 4, 2004
                            89 Posts
                            Posted: June 16, 2005, 11:52 am - IP Logged

Thank you very much I am printing this off of my computer. and if you would please send to me what you have. If Rebecca was in Georgia and doing this who is to say what we are facing.

New Mexico
                              United States
                              Member #12305
                              March 10, 2005
                              2984 Posts
                              Posted: June 16, 2005, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

CK.

Mad about what?

By the way i agree with some of that statment not all of it... I agree with not getting yourself into the good ole boy trouble...

I'd say empassioned1 is saying he/she's angry if what the person who began this tread claims happened is true.  Anyone who buys scratchers in TN would be angry if a protracted conspiracy to defraud the people of TN was allowed to continue because the person who had the evidence to stop it chose to profit by it instead of going to the authorities with the goods.

The alternative anger for TN players  is indignation, if the claims are untrue and the person who began the thread is lying in an attempt to cause public mistrust of TN officials and the lottery system there.

I doubt there was anything in my post to anger anyone, aside from the person who began the thread.

Jack