Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 7:51 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Predestination of Numbers?

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
sirius's avatar - octa feathers.jpg
ct
United States
Member #17717
June 25, 2005
60 Posts
Posted: June 25, 2005, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

What's your thoughts on this issue? Are the winning numbers already decided in some sense?

A few years ago I bought a lotto ticket on a Sunday and just 'knew' it was a winner. On the drawing that following Wednesday, 4 of the 6 numbers did come up. So... were the winning numbers 'set' and somehow my intuition detected the match giving me the knowing that it would win? Or, less likely, did my convincing feeling help shift the as yet undrawn numbers into position?

Since it was my first such intuitional hunch like that I foolishly did not play multiples or variations on those numbers, as I would now were it to happen again... but the whole event has me thinking of the predetermined nature (of perhaps some)  drawings. If the numbers are preset in some way, then they could likely be detected. I'm sure there's some odd forces at work, such as morphogenic fields and mass thoughforms that could influence lotto drawings... (how 911 came up in the NY lottery comes to mind...)

Just some thoughts, interested in hearing others take on this. 

New Mexico
    United States
    Member #12305
    March 10, 2005
    2984 Posts
    Posted: June 26, 2005, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

Hey, Sirius:

I don't know any more about it than you do, but I'd make a fairly conservative wild guess that those numbers are coming in from a parallel universe.  Maybe.  Or they're counting the number of items that get sucked into the nearest black hole.  Or they have something to do with crop circles. 

Only about half-to-3/4ths joking here.

Seems clear those numbers are coming from somewhere, that they're measuring something, or a manifestation of something we aren't noticing.....  or they vary with the full moon, the position of the sun, sunspot activity, something.

They're too non-random, too 'systematic' not to be the product of some influence or other.

So having said that, what about these hunches we have?

I'd bet we are sensing whatever is influencing the numbers when we do that.... that we haven't noticed the correlation on a conscious level, but the old mind is taking it all in, matching it all up and making connections without consulting us.

Or it might just be we're viewing time from a different angle.

But as to your first question:  Man, I hate to admit this, but there's a growing body of evidence that the numbers that are going to win are already fixed...and I'm half-believing that evidence.

..  By win, I mean win a jackpot.  I can't get my mind wrapped around that far enough to understand what I ought to think about it.

Jack

konane's avatar - wallace
      Atlanta, GA
      United States
      Member #1265
      March 13, 2003
      3348 Posts
      Posted: June 26, 2005, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

Two theories seem to be in play surrounding your hunch.  All events which we see happening sequentially are in fact happening simultaneously.  So if you can suspend your belief about time you can conceivably project your mind to a future event and know it's going to happen.  Directed meditation or remote viewing ought to work but it takes practice. 

Second theory is that everything which has ever been known and will ever be known is contained in a plane or dimension, commonly known as the Universal Mind, which anyone can access with practice.

It is far easier to receive correct information about an event if the seeker focuses on accuracy rather than focusing on time and accuracy.  Some people intuit events in the immediate time frame, others intuit things off in the future time wise.  With practice you can determine which category you fall into but there will always remain a slight variable no matter which category you're in.

Good luck to everyone!

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8390 Posts
        Posted: June 26, 2005, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

If you have studied the number history and wrote down what you perceive are what the winning numbers are going to be then you can say you have pre determined a set of numbers that might win.

If you wake up one morning without looking at any number history's and while drinking you favorite breakfast beverage decide to write down some numbers and they might win or have won then you guessed the numbers.

Some winning numbers must have some connection the stars because the astrological numbers. for today's dates and time zone are being drawn in some lottery somewhere on a daily basis.

One can apply a set of numbers for ones self it he/she gets their astrological chart done.

911 coming out on 911 didn't have anything to do with 911. If you know anything about this 911 it was sold out in NY for 3 days prior to the drawing.  As in almost every state whatever the date is can and has hit on some days in most every lottery that's been around for any length of time.

The only influence on ball drawings is air being circulated inside the machine and vacuume to draw the balls. Or whatever other mechanical device is being used.

Pure and simple if you write down and play any numbers and they win then you guessed the right numbers.

New Mexico
          United States
          Member #12305
          March 10, 2005
          2984 Posts
          Posted: June 26, 2005, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

Sirus: 

That gets fairly close to covering the entire spectrum of opinion on LP about this issue, although there might be someone of the opinion the numbers are totally random and that there's no such thing as a hunch.

Some of us are fairly certain of the boundaries of the issues, and our views tend to be defined by other, more fundamental beliefs and belief systems about the way the universe and reality work.  Others aren't sure of much.

Some, who generally don't post on this part of LP, are offended completely by the idea that there's anything more to it all than we can see, while some others are equally crystalized in a certainty that it's all the product of the influence of a personal God.

The day the universe ends they'll tally up the votes and the viewpoint with the highest count will get to be the one that was true.

I've already made it clear that I'm not at all convinced the numbers don't follow a set of patterns of behavior that are completely understandable and predictable.  I think they might.  I think there's some evidence to support that belief.

So, what are your own views on the subject, if you'd care to share them?

Jack

atlasshrugged's avatar - candle
            Alaska
            United States
            Member #16217
            May 27, 2005
            287 Posts
            Posted: June 26, 2005, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

I guess I would be one of the ones who believes that the numbers are predetermined by God. I think that when you have a hunch or a feeling (and this has happened to me on a number of occasions), I think that God is possibly giving us a glimpse of himself. I'm not really sure about it and am trying to formulate my own ideas about it. I am studying the Bible now to try and get a better grasp on how things like this work. It is hard because I am not really sure where I should be going to find what I am looking for but I am asking God for guidance in this as in all things. -Bonnie

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
              Member #14
              November 9, 2001
              31523 Posts
              Posted: June 26, 2005, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

bonnie - you're still thinking in beta

love to nibble those micey feet.

bbjbb's avatar - stone face.jpg
                Annapolis, MD
                United States
                Member #17775
                June 26, 2005
                42 Posts
                Posted: June 26, 2005, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

A group of 10 of us have been playing mega-millions for a year or so...we all work together and toss in $5 a week... I've seen some strange things happen over the months.  One of the guys was putting on his coat one night and talking to me about the lottery, he looked at me and quickly blurted out "37"...."37 is going to come out tonight"....so I asked whether it was the mega-ball or a regular ball but he couldn't say....well, needless to say, 37 came out that night as a regular ball.  Another guy did that with the number 26.

A couple of weeks ago I was filling out our cards and went to purchase the tickets and I realized when I got to the store that I hadn't filled out any mega-millions numbers....so I had to fill them in right there....well, we play $25 per drawing so we typically put one number on one card giving us 5 numbers on 5 cards....when I filled in the last card I thought, "we played the regular number 47...and sometimes you see a matching mega-ball number...so I played 47...but the queer bit was that when I was filling out the number 47 on the card, I got a funny twinge in my head that I've felt before with a premonition/precognition...and sure enough, 47 came out as the mega-ball (we didn't catch the matching 47 in the regular numbers). 

Another time one of the guys came in all excited because he had a dream that someone handed him a cup with the mega-million numbers enscribed in the cup...but the only number he could remember from his dream was 38....well, sure enough....38 came out that night (and yes, we were smart enough to change a lot of our tickets to include the 38)....so whenever one of our group has a premonition, we play that number.  Now if I could only coordinate all of the premonitions for a single drawing...

sirius's avatar - octa feathers.jpg
                  ct
                  United States
                  Member #17717
                  June 25, 2005
                  60 Posts
                  Posted: June 26, 2005, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the replies everyone, interesting subject.

I tend to think the future is constantly being modified by present circumstances, but only to a degree. I think it's a case of the further out one goes into the future, the more probabilities for different scenarios exist but the closer to the present time frame the probabilities are more narrow. Alternate realities aside, I tend to think the winning number combinations are somewhat predetermined and knowable. No doubt our conventional concept of the flow of time is not quite as it seems. Perhaps both randomness and predeterminism can coexist without contradicting each other?

konane's avatar - wallace
                    Atlanta, GA
                    United States
                    Member #1265
                    March 13, 2003
                    3348 Posts
                    Posted: June 26, 2005, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

I guess I would be one of the ones who believes that the numbers are predetermined by God. I think that when you have a hunch or a feeling (and this has happened to me on a number of occasions), I think that God is possibly giving us a glimpse of himself. I'm not really sure about it and am trying to formulate my own ideas about it. I am studying the Bible now to try and get a better grasp on how things like this work. It is hard because I am not really sure where I should be going to find what I am looking for but I am asking God for guidance in this as in all things. -Bonnie

You may also try looking into quantum physics which gives a pretty straightforward explanation for some occurrences, where some occurrences are known to happen but not on a predictable or repeatable basis so are not firm theory.

"The Dancing Wu Li Masters" by Gary Zukav is an overview of quantum theory and is reasonably easy to understand.  There are many others out there ... all you have to do is look.  Most are dry reading closely akin to eating a bowl of shredded wheat without milk, but will impart a greater understanding and basis upon which to build your own thought processes on the matter.

Comes down to a crumb here, a crumb there that you put together for yourself in your own working model.   

Good luck to everyone!

New Mexico
                      United States
                      Member #12305
                      March 10, 2005
                      2984 Posts
                      Posted: June 26, 2005, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps both randomness and predeterminism can coexist without contradicting each other?

Sirius:

That's the  apex of a lot of questions.  A lot depends on where you're coming from, as to how you view it.  If you believe we are primarily physical beings with a thread of connection in the other realitie(s), you come down on one side of the question.

Or if you believe (as I happen to) that we are fundamentally spiritual beings with a fairly tentative toehold in the physical plane, you come down on the other side of things.  I believe the universe is mooshy enough, and unstructured enough to allow pretty much anything to happen without anything being contradictory.

But that's definitely not a majority viewpoint among humankind, so when they take the final vote and tally everything up, I doubt that's the one that will get elected to being how it was.

Jack

New Mexico
                        United States
                        Member #12305
                        March 10, 2005
                        2984 Posts
                        Posted: June 26, 2005, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Bonnie:

Odds are that most of us who believe in anything at all probably wouldn't disagree with the core of what you're saying

We humans aren't a lot better at living life than we are at picking numbers, mostly, and if you can find some wisdom and help in that book on either score, I'd say power to you.

Jack 

four4me's avatar - gate1
                          MD
                          United States
                          Member #1701
                          June 18, 2003
                          8390 Posts
                          Posted: June 26, 2005, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

I await the day when a lottery jackpot winner says that they got the winning numbers while astro-plaining on some spiritual level. So far no one has come forward and said anything to the contrary. While all things are possible it still boils down to picking the winning number and having won the game. If i thought i could win a jackpot by standing on my head juggling tennis balls and doing loop de loopes thru hulla hoops i'd be at it right now.  

i know for sure every manner of contrivance is being tried to win this game, and people feel some connection to the balls as though they are having a relationship with them. i assure you the balls cannot and don't give one ioda of thought to this.

New Mexico
                            United States
                            Member #12305
                            March 10, 2005
                            2984 Posts
                            Posted: June 26, 2005, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

Four4me:

I'm aware that's how you believe.  You might well be correct. 

I'm not aware of anyone who's ever claimed to get lottery numbers while soul travelling, but a good many have claimed to have done it using RV.  I'm not prepared to testify they're lying.  But I can testify to having seen a bud of mine dowse a trifecta using a swingrod. 

Maybe the two are too far removed from one another to be compared.

As for relationships with balls, I don't know much about that, either.  I do know that the first step in establishing credibility of any witness who's giving assurances is to ask how he knows what he says he knows...

Jack

four4me's avatar - gate1
                              MD
                              United States
                              Member #1701
                              June 18, 2003
                              8390 Posts
                              Posted: June 27, 2005, 12:26 am - IP Logged
                              I live in Baltimore city and there are more than a fare share of space travelers here. on many occasion i have been in tavernacklels (not tabernacles) and watched these people scream at the tv for their numbers to come up like many people do when arm chair coaching a ball game. They swear up and down that they were somehow jipped out of a win because they knew there number was going to win because the dreamt it or TM it or conjured it up on the ougi board or were astroplaining when the winning number came to them. Or they saw it twenty three times on some vehicle or there mother said it was going to be their day. The fact of the matter is if you pick and play the right numbers then you will win.  
                              I'm not saying people can't have a feeling about a number the other day i had a feeling about a number in fact on many days i have a feeling about certain numbers. Well this other day i had a feeling 000 was going to hit i also had a feeling 8514 was going to hit but when i went to the tavernackle i played 000 but thought what the heck this other number i like i'll play instead. Well 000 hit and so did 8514 straight the way i would have played it. I kissed away 7600 bucks down the drain because i thought more strongly about the other number hitting. So i beat myself up about not playing the darn number and still can't figure out why i talked myself into believing that the other number was the one to play. I would have won something like 75 grand if the other number would have won.
                              you and i have talked about projecting numbers and viewing and i believe it's possible but i also believe that people who have no connection to winning the game stand a better chance of projecting the winning numbers because they don't care one way or the other about numbers and aren't dissuaded by the numbers having had some relationship to them because they play numbers all the time.
                              People who play around with numbers are clouded by them if they spend a lot of time with them and it can get confusing trying to draw projections from them. so i think a person who doesn't give a hoot one way or the other about winning may be better able to discern what numbers might win because they don't have any connection to them. And won't be biased one way or another because some certain numbers hit last week last month, last year.