Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 2:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Which is your school of thought?

Topic closed. 42 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Which is your school of thought?

You can predict lottery results [ 24 ]  [38.71%]
Lottery is unpredictable [ 38 ]  [61.29%]
Total Valid Votes [ 62 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  
Hyperdimension's avatar - latest trace_171.gif

United States
Member #9059
November 26, 2004
128 Posts
Posted: July 1, 2005, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

Just an update of the schools of thought in Lottery Post. Bash

Regards 

El pensamiento ordena el caos..

http://1x2quinielas.blogspot.com

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
    Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: July 1, 2005, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

Let us not call it prediction, but an accurate guess.

And yes, you can accurately guess the winning number, but more often than not, not by itself, but among a group of combos, that you might call "the most likely combos" according to you and your system(s).

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: July 1, 2005, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

i think its unpredictable most of the time.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19900 Posts
        Posted: July 3, 2005, 10:29 am - IP Logged

Lotteries are totally random and unpredictable events if they are honest, however lotteries have a fixed amount of events and players try to guess which one will happen next.  Those fixed amounts determine the odds of the players guessing correctly.  Some players believe by observing how some of those events happened in the past they can guess which ones are more likely to occur next. That's what I do and I haven't won a jackpot yet.

RJOh 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

LottoVantage's avatar - BRITIS 3.GIF
          Southeastern Ohio
          United States
          Member #13850
          April 16, 2005
          783 Posts
          Posted: July 3, 2005, 11:49 am - IP Logged

Lotteries are totally random and unpredictable events if they are honest,

RJOh, I don't exactly agree with this statement. Certain groups of numbers where the majority of numbers are likely to appear ARE predictable at particular times!

The predicament in dealing with this phenomenon is in wheeling the potential groups of numbers, and keeping it economical enough to work.

The easiest and generally most accurate way to eliminate excess numbers from a potential group is to utilize "average sums". Example: range of 104 to 60 reduced to 99 to 80. This will largely reduce the amount of numbers to play, and if "sums" are being tracked regularly, can be highly accurate and effective.

Good luck!

lottaloot's avatar - AvatarZ56
            Redford/MI
            United States
            Member #3396
            January 18, 2004
            4867 Posts
            Posted: July 3, 2005, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

I think that you can significantly reduce the odds by keeping a close eye on combinations & pairs that have come.

There are only 1000 ways that the 3 digit number can appear so you may not predict the order in which the number will hit but you certainly can predict the combination. 

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
              Member #2338
              September 17, 2003
              2063 Posts
              Posted: July 3, 2005, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

I'd rather be looking at a winning ticket thinking, "how did I get these numbers correctly" than looking at a loosing ticket at think, "why am I always loosing". I don't think there is a way to predict winning numbers. You can see certain combinations in former winning numbers but that doesn't mean that those combinations will come up when you play them.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19900 Posts
                Posted: July 3, 2005, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

RJOh, I don't exactly agree with this statement. Certain groups of numbers where the majority of numbers are likely to appear ARE predictable at particular times!

LottoVantage, picking a group of numbers that may contain the winning numbers is guessing to me, picking just the winning numbers is predicting.  Picking a small group of numbers that actually contain the winning numbers is good guessing and is almost as hard as only picking the winning numbers.

Have you ever picked a small group of numbers (winning numbers + 3-6 extra numbers) that won the top prize?

RJOh

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19900 Posts
                  Posted: July 3, 2005, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

I think that you can significantly reduce the odds by keeping a close eye on combinations & pairs that have come.

There are only 1000 ways that the 3 digit number can appear so you may not predict the order in which the number will hit but you certainly can predict the combination. 

If you're just talking about the 3 numbers and not their order then you're only talking about 220 possible combinations, that's the reason a boxed hit only pays $50 in a pick3 game.

Tx_Mega_Player's avatar - spider
                    BIG D Texas
                    United States
                    Member #2539
                    October 16, 2003
                    148 Posts
                    Posted: July 3, 2005, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

The predicament in dealing with this phenomenon is in wheeling the potential groups of numbers, and keeping it economical enough to work.

The easiest and generally most accurate way to eliminate excess numbers from a potential group is to utilize "average sums". Example: range of 104 to 60 reduced to 99 to 80. This will largely reduce the amount of numbers to play, and if "sums" are being tracked regularly, can be highly accurate and effective.

Good luck!

RJOH, I completely agree with your statement.

It's possible to correctly guess the numbers, but it's not possible to predict the numbers. These two things are not the same. If you have ever won by picking your own numbers then you guessed correctly. If it were possible to predict winning numbers, then you would need to only play one set of numbers because you would know (for sure) which numbers are going to hit.

So using a system, or a wheel, or a mathematical formula that gives you more than one possible set of numbers is not a prediction - but rather an "educated" guess. And I do believe that it is completey possible to improve your odds by making an educated guess - esspecially for the Pick 3 games.

United States
                      Member #1826
                      July 11, 2003
                      2645 Posts
                      Posted: July 3, 2005, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

This is my theory. No piece of matter has the exact same molecular stucture. And while that may seem negligible, when it comes to a air-mix machine, it could mean all the difference. When the chute is opened on that machine, it's a race. And if anyone has seen a race of any kind, just the slightest boost can win the race. A boost like a tiny, microscopic hole that causes air resistance. Or just being a thousandth of an ounce lighter. It may not be enough to really make a noticeable effect, but in the long run patterns do paint a picture that some balls come up more easily than others. And every game is different when it comes to predicting. Every game in the world has a different ball set with it's own set of quirks. So while 9 maybe a hot number in CT Cash 5, it may very well be cold in VA Cash 5, even though they use similar machines.

Another thing, if someone says that a certain combination is going to come up soon somewhere or anywhere, well it just doesn't work that way. Each state has a different process, some uses air mix machines, others use computers (blah!), and a couple even use gravity pick machines. And those alone also have many variables. So while individual numbers for each game in each state can be believable, be sure to tick the "hide all states" option.

So my thinking, it's mostly random, but can be predicted if a long-term pattern can be detected.

(insert signature here)

takeitez's avatar - japheth
                        Carters Lake, Ga.
                        United States
                        Member #5313
                        June 29, 2004
                        1065 Posts
                        Posted: July 3, 2005, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

Instead of trying to 'predict' a pick-3 number I try my best to find the best 'probable' number to appear. Like when the sum has been an even sum for 5 times running then I play only odd sums.

If a string of high digits (389, 578) 5 or more in a row, then I want numbers that contain at least 2 small digits. The same with an even, odd or low string.

If a straight comes (657) then I won't play a straight for a day or so. 

I also don't put up my buck to win a $80 box when I can get $150 for the same bet!

When it comes to pick 5, 6,or 7 lotto's, I just buy quick picks.  I am not near smart enough to to win a lot picking only 3 out of 10 so picking 5 or 6 out of 50 or so numbers is way above my head! 

ez

No Pity!Guitar  Drum ........ in the long run........

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19900 Posts
                          Posted: July 3, 2005, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

Some day someone is going to say they can predict the outcome of a lottery, get lucky and win a lottery jackpot proving it.  Until that happens, I will continue to believe that the results of a lottery drawing can't be predicted.

RJOh

Evil Looking       

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                            Beautiful Florida
                            United States
                            Member #5709
                            July 18, 2004
                            20238 Posts
                            Posted: July 3, 2005, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

There are too many variables to predicting, and while i still think that trends play an important role in the outcome of numbers, the bottom line is that predicting is very unpredictable.  you can study till your exhausted and without the element of "luck" behind you, it aint going to happen...! 

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

New Mexico
                              United States
                              Member #12305
                              March 10, 2005
                              2984 Posts
                              Posted: July 3, 2005, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

Evidently about a third of the people posting believe the numbers are predictable (poll).  Just keeping silent about it.  A third's higher than I'd have guessed.

Jack