Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Which is your school of thought?

Topic closed. 42 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Which is your school of thought?

You can predict lottery results [ 24 ]  [38.71%]
Lottery is unpredictable [ 38 ]  [61.29%]
Total Valid Votes [ 62 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  
Maverick's avatar - yinyang
USA
United States
Member #8242
October 29, 2004
1133 Posts
Posted: July 3, 2005, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

Predictable to an extent.

New Mexico
    United States
    Member #12305
    March 10, 2005
    2984 Posts
    Posted: July 3, 2005, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

Maybe.  People aren't a lot more predictable than numbers, most times.

Jack

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
      USA
      United States
      Member #8242
      October 29, 2004
      1133 Posts
      Posted: July 3, 2005, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

There are too many variables to predicting, and while i still think that trends play an important role in the outcome of numbers, the bottom line is that predicting is very unpredictable.  you can study till your exhausted and without the element of "luck" behind you, it aint going to happen...! 

I Agree!

United States
        Member #89
        January 18, 2002
        2092 Posts
        Posted: July 3, 2005, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

Hello there,

My summerization is that unless you are one of those entities from Mt. Olympus (a god) prediction is not possible. Making plans (a matrix of some sort) for me anyway, is laying a field trap of digits and/or digit groups whereby the possible outcome can be triggered for a winning combination. I have won the pick 3 many times and I have lost too!

Having a chance at winning any game, the player must have a well balanced strategy. Long time players know what I am referring to. Predictability comes only piecemeal or not at all. This is where a gamblers "gut" feeling comes in along with the plan of attack used.

Teufellj ...

New Mexico
          United States
          Member #12305
          March 10, 2005
          2984 Posts
          Posted: July 3, 2005, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

Guess I might as well give voice to what Tricky Dixon referred to as the Great Silent Minority:

I think there's a middling chance they're entirely predictable.  But if it happens to be true, it shouldn't take anything away from the majority who believes it isn't.  And if it isn't true, nothing's lost in having believed it might be.

Jack

sirius's avatar - octa feathers.jpg
            ct
            United States
            Member #17717
            June 25, 2005
            60 Posts
            Posted: July 4, 2005, 2:25 am - IP Logged

How's this... maybe some winning combinations are  theoretically possible to predict but  no one has figured it out yet. Perhaps other winning combinations are totally predetermined and fixed from the beginning of time but known only to a race of superbeings residing in the 9th dimension. Other winning combinations are in a chaotic swirling state of probability flux and cannot possibly be known untill the nanosecond the last ball is drawn. There's probably even a winning combination that got overridden at the last minute by dark and sinister forces beyond our ken, and a wealthy investment banker just hit the jackpot because of it and is lounging naked on a beach on the Riviera when it should have been you.

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
              Member #4416
              April 22, 2004
              1075 Posts
              Posted: July 4, 2005, 9:00 am - IP Logged

Notwithstanding all the arbitrary definitions of prediction, it still holds true that "money talks and BS walks." Everybody gets their numbers from somewhere, and if you're cashing tickets with your numbers, you're doing fairly well. If you're cashing for a true profit, you're doing very well. Without an effective betting strategy and sound money management, predictions are about as useful as a three-legged horse. Luck can either make you or break you. The bottom line is that it's very hard to argue with monetary success attained from picking numbers by any means by any name.

aye'

United States
                Member #5565
                July 11, 2004
                260 Posts
                Posted: July 4, 2005, 10:17 am - IP Logged

Speaking of schools, has there been a poll on the level of education attained for those playing the lottery?

New Mexico
                  United States
                  Member #12305
                  March 10, 2005
                  2984 Posts
                  Posted: July 4, 2005, 10:30 am - IP Logged

Speaking of schools, has there been a poll on the level of education attained for those playing the lottery?

Seems to me there was one a while back.  I don't recall the exact results, but mostly our educational backgrounds seemed to be confined to somewhere between quitting school in the third grade to having a PHD or two. 

You might check the threads from May or early June... wasn't that long ago.

Jack

konane's avatar - wallace
                    Atlanta, GA
                    United States
                    Member #1265
                    March 13, 2003
                    3333 Posts
                    Posted: July 4, 2005, 10:37 am - IP Logged

Notwithstanding all the arbitrary definitions of prediction, it still holds true that "money talks and BS walks." Everybody gets their numbers from somewhere, and if you're cashing tickets with your numbers, you're doing fairly well. If you're cashing for a true profit, you're doing very well. Without an effective betting strategy and sound money management, predictions are about as useful as a three-legged horse. Luck can either make you or break you. The bottom line is that it's very hard to argue with monetary success attained from picking numbers by any means by any name.

aye'

I Agree!

Good luck to everyone!

SirMetro's avatar - center
                      East of Atlanta
                      United States
                      Member #6191
                      August 11, 2004
                      1389 Posts
                      Posted: July 7, 2005, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

I predict (dare I say with 100% absolute certainty) that if I played 219 boxed numbers out of a combination of 220, I would still have the wrong number.

Sir Metro

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8359 Posts
                        Posted: July 7, 2005, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

i'm surprized nobody said what i'm about to say. When i wake up in the morning or the night before when i am making my predictions for the day i look at my spread sheets and all the excel crap i have and say 000 is going to hit today and it dose. Did i predict the number, or guess the number. Prediction is forcasting. A lot of people predict numbers on lottery post every day and many of them repeaditly hit every day what do you call it if it's not predicting.

JAP69's avatar - alas
                          South Carolina
                          United States
                          Member #6
                          November 4, 2001
                          8790 Posts
                          Posted: July 7, 2005, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

I have been to the forum where I got my 3/4 software. There is a person there who is in to the four game. He stated on one post that when he goes to the lottery office to turn in his winning ticket the people at the lottery office knows him by name as he has been there so frequently.
                          Sounds like he has something figured and he has made some post there about how he does his research.

WHATT

rabbitfoot's avatar - 8ball

United States
                            Member #620
                            August 25, 2002
                            205 Posts
                            Posted: July 7, 2005, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

Playing the lotto is a no brainer and doesn't require any level of education other than being able to ask for a quick pick.

I play to dream and dream of winning a major jackpot!

Poway CA (San Diego County)
                              United States
                              Member #3489
                              January 25, 2004
                              14120 Posts
                              Posted: July 7, 2005, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

I have been to the forum where I got my 3/4 software. There is a person there who is in to the four game. He stated on one post that when he goes to the lottery office to turn in his winning ticket the people at the lottery office knows him by name as he has been there so frequently.
                              Sounds like he has something figured and he has made some post there about how he does his research.

When I used to buy my Pick 3 tickets at a local convenience store, the lady that was always at the register would talk Pick 3 with me.  She would show me her winning ticket from the day before and she hit a LOT.  I asked her how she did it and she said that she would look out the window at the cars parked in the parking lot and get the 3 digits from the license plates.  I don't know how many she played each day, but she almost always would show me her winning ticket each morning!  She doesn't work there any more.  I wonder if she hit it really big.