Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Texas Pretest ?Question

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 11 years ago by MollyG.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
Member #5344
June 30, 2004
23641 Posts
Posted: July 3, 2005, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

First: Is Texas the only state that does a pretest?

Second: Why does Texas do this pretest?

Third: Do you think this messes up future predictions?

Last: I dont like it..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

MollyG's avatar - happy
    TEXAS (yeah!)Katy
    United States
    Member #9019
    November 25, 2004
    523 Posts
    Posted: July 3, 2005, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

First:  I don't know

Second:  They (TLC) say to make sure the balls, etc are working ok and randomly. In the beginning there was no pretest, then TLC decided to do us the honors and start them. Not sure what year they started, it is on the TLC website.

Third: Don't know.  I'm sure that's why they do them, to throw everyone off track. I think it is done the same way a regular draw is conducted.

Last:  I don't like it either and I'm sure most resident players don't like it.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
      Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: July 4, 2005, 12:37 am - IP Logged

1: I don't know, but I think that there most be others.

2: To cheat us, Why else?

3: Maybe and or very likely, maybe more than we know of, maybe whichever combo was sold less or fewer times, that one becomes the winning number (?).

Last: I don't like it either, maybe something is rotten on Austin.

Vote for a 6/49 Lotto Texas game with no bonus ball and say no to all predraws or pretests.

Viva the Republic of Texas.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Ms5PennieGen's avatar - aeonflux
        Texas
        United States
        Member #5816
        July 23, 2004
        4355 Posts
        Posted: July 4, 2005, 12:50 am - IP Logged

I believe the pretest definately throw the game off. If there was no pretest one of those four pretest numbers would have been the winning number for the game. Looking back you will see most of us have predicted one of the numbers that came in the pretest for game number. Maybe after the big shake-up things will be better.

Your present situation is not your final destination!
        Good luck...5pennies Dance
          Amarillo/Austin
          United States
          Member #1424
          April 25, 2003
          696 Posts
          Posted: July 4, 2005, 1:16 am - IP Logged

Perhaps we should boycott the Texas Lottery games until they get religion.  Play other games on .

Orangeman                Rant     

Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
            Mid-Missouri
            United States
            Member #644
            August 31, 2002
            4271 Posts
            Posted: July 4, 2005, 1:27 am - IP Logged

Howdy All,

I always thought you guys were the lucky ones. They post your pretest. I believe most states do a pretest. I know MO does but we don't have the advantage of getting to see or find out what the pretest numbers are before the drawing.

Do they post the pretest drawings before the actual drawings or do they wait and post them all at the same time? If before, how much time do you have before they do the drawing for real?

Thanks,

Bryan  :)

Texas
              United States
              Member #5816
              July 23, 2004
              4355 Posts
              Posted: July 4, 2005, 1:32 am - IP Logged

Howdy All,

I always thought you guys were the lucky ones. They post your pretest. I believe most states do a pretest. I know MO does but we don't have the advantage of getting to see or find out what the pretest numbers were before the drawing.

Do they post the pretest drawings before the actual drawings or do they wait and post them all at the same time? If before, much much time do you have before they do the drawing for real?

Thanks,

Yes Bryan we do get to see pretest before the drawing. For the midday the post around 11am and the night draw is around 8pm. Most of the time two or more out of the four just happen to be numbers we have predicted

Mid-Missouri
                United States
                Member #644
                August 31, 2002
                4271 Posts
                Posted: July 4, 2005, 1:52 am - IP Logged

Thanks Pennie,

Sounds like you all have two hours to look the pretest over before the real drawing. That would be an idea situation if the test have to be done at all. Have you ever tried working with just the 4 pretest drawings? What about keeping a game file with all the numbers including pretest? Has that ever produced anything? Just trying to throw out some ideas...

Best of Luck to you all,

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                  Tx
                  United States
                  Member #4570
                  May 4, 2004
                  5180 Posts
                  Posted: July 4, 2005, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

I guess that I can't really complain much about pretests seeing as how I have never tried to find out anything about them and have never looked for them, nor do I know how to see the pretest results, I am sure that if I wanted to I could find and see them, but have never bothered with them at all, maybe I should had, anyhow whatever problems they might present, maybe can be bypassed by completely ignoring them as I have always done and basing your system on only the published winning draws, might perhaps be harder to win that way or it might be about the same, I don't know, but win you can anyway, random (so to speak) does not care what you use or don't use for your system so long as it is based on some kind or kinds of consistent or recurring patterns, which are always there anyway regardless of 4 or 100 predraws or pretests, they might be relatively short lived or not, but Who cares ?, so long as you inspect your game's past draws in a regular basis for them and make adjustments as needed to your pattern's strategy, mostly what it takes is always been familiar with the way the recurring patterns are falling at all times and adjust your filters according to that.

This stuff works because random is funny in this way, even if 1 draw does not have anything at all to do with another, because they are not connected and are separate events, random statistics end up connecting them all anyway and the connections don't have to be on sequence and not even in any particular kind of sequence either, no matter how ilogical all of this might be and or appear to be, results are all that count in this business results are all that counts not apparent logic, you base your winning rules uppon what you see (random connections) on and of the past winning draws, results is all that counts, mathematics might tell you that all of these makes no sense and that is not possible, but Who cares? So long as you get the winning number among your group of combos, more often than mathematical random says that you should.

Practical rules are all that counts and not any mathematical mumbo jombo that says that you can't win.

Good luck.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Mid-Missouri
                    United States
                    Member #644
                    August 31, 2002
                    4271 Posts
                    Posted: July 4, 2005, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

This is working with just the pretest for tonight. I come up with these.

Let's see how this works. I posted them late because this is just a test.

United States
                      Member #5344
                      June 30, 2004
                      23641 Posts
                      Posted: July 4, 2005, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

Howdy All,

I always thought you guys were the lucky ones. They post your pretest. I believe most states do a pretest. I know MO does but we don't have the advantage of getting to see or find out what the pretest numbers are before the drawing.

Do they post the pretest drawings before the actual drawings or do they wait and post them all at the same time? If before, how much time do you have before they do the drawing for real?

Thanks,

Isn't the pretest just before the draw.. which makes it impossible to get your numbers in?

Mid-Missouri
                        United States
                        Member #644
                        August 31, 2002
                        4271 Posts
                        Posted: July 4, 2005, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

Howdy All,

Thanks,

Isn't the pretest just before the draw.. which makes it impossible to get your numbers in?

If you read Pennie response to the quote you just made you will see they post the pretest at 8:00pm they don't draw until after 10:00pm...

United States
                          Member #5344
                          June 30, 2004
                          23641 Posts
                          Posted: July 4, 2005, 10:55 pm - IP Logged

Howdy All,

Thanks,

If you read Pennie response to the quote you just made you will see they post the pretest at 8:00pm they don't draw until 10:00pm...

sorry didn't get to it.. after reading yours I was confused...

Texas
                            United States
                            Member #5816
                            July 23, 2004
                            4355 Posts
                            Posted: July 4, 2005, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

It might be worth doing a study on pretest for Tx and see how it relates to the final draw. I am leaving for vacation, but I might start keeping records when I get back next week just to see. Night draw was 882, I played that number sat midday and night combo, straight and xany!Bang Head

MollyG's avatar - happy
                              TEXAS (yeah!)Katy
                              United States
                              Member #9019
                              November 25, 2004
                              523 Posts
                              Posted: July 5, 2005, 6:26 am - IP Logged

I've tried keeping a record for the past couple of years, especially when new balls were introduced.  I was interested in which ball sets they put together for the draw, ie how many times they used them, and which numbers each ball set picked the most.  Got tiring after a while and I'd forget about it.  Sometimes the predraws were related to the final, sometimes not.  Just like:  sometimes "systems" work and sometimes not.........same-old, same-o.  When ya think ya got it figgered out, whap! you realize THEY are drawing the numbers and YOU are not.