Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 2:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What car would you buy ?

Topic closed. 78 replies. Last post 11 years ago by psykomo.

Page 4 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

What one car would you buy if you win $122M?

$10K-$20K [ 2 ]  [2.99%]
$20k-$50k [ 23 ]  [34.33%]
$50K-$80K [ 13 ]  [19.40%]
$80K-$120K [ 9 ]  [13.43%]
$120-$200k [ 7 ]  [10.45%]
$200K-$500K [ 13 ]  [19.40%]
Total Valid Votes [ 67 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 10 ]  
psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
Member #4877
May 30, 2004
5120 Posts
Posted: July 31, 2005, 12:32 am - IP Logged

Jimmy Sand........Psykomo see's a Geo Metro Aerocar in your........................ FUTURE>>>>>>>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wish you the best of BOTH worlds...........................................air and ground EFFECTSSS tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......LOL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MaverRick.............maby you need too Focus your thoughts (not women.........

but^^^^^^^^^^^^Quick-Ricks),,,,,,,,,,,,,,cause <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

"I see a FORD in your future, if you don't win the {BIG-WONNNNNNN SOON} LOTTERYYYYYYYYYYY..................................................................................LOL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CASH Only...........YOU may be>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OWN-TO- SOMETHING SOON (let us know)...............................................................LOL!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LOTs of LUCK TO ALL.......................................on the CAR CRAZZZZZZZZZY.....

Thing...........but, me, myself and I,......... would like to try the HUMVEE-I and HUMMER-II>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PSYKOMO

Baton Rouge, LA
    United States
    Member #4602
    May 7, 2004
    699 Posts
    Posted: July 31, 2005, 10:17 am - IP Logged

To be honest, I'd probably pay off my current vehicle and drive it until it wears out.  The kind of card I'd buy to replace wouldn't be anything super fancy, but would be something nice.  I'd probably get something like a Taurus or a Hyundai Sonata.  Nice, but it doesn't scream you have alot of money like Lexus, Mercedes, etc.

I wouldn't want people to know I have alot of money, so I wouldn't show it off.  When people think you have something, they all want to be your friend so they can get a piece of it.  I've somewhat experienced that before on a smaller scale and don't want to experience it again.

The two things I don't like doing with money are spending it and oweing it, so I wouldn't go overboard if I won.  I'd probably buy a nicer house and a nicer car, but wouldn't go overboard.  I'd probably move to another place too, for reasons like I already expressed; to go somewhere nobody knows I have the money.

PrisonerSix 

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: July 31, 2005, 10:39 am - IP Logged

Jimmy Sand........Psykomo see's a Geo Metro Aerocar in your........................ FUTURE>>>>>>>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wish you the best of BOTH worlds...........................................air and ground EFFECTSSS tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......LOL!

but^^^^^^^^^^^^Quick-Ricks),,,,,,,,,,,,,,cause <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<</p>

"I see a FORD in your future, if you don't win the {BIG-WONNNNNNN SOON} LOTTERYYYYYYYYYYY..................................................................................LOL!

CASH Only...........YOU may be>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OWN-TO- SOMETHING SOON (let us know)...............................................................LOL!

LOTs of LUCK TO ALL.......................................on the CAR CRAZZZZZZZZZY.....

Thing...........but, me, myself and I,......... would like to try the HUMVEE-I and HUMMER-II>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PSYKOMO

Thinking of...

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
        USA
        United States
        Member #8242
        October 29, 2004
        1133 Posts
        Posted: July 31, 2005, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

but^^^^^^^^^^^^Quick-Ricks),,,,,,,,,,,,,,cause <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<</p>

PSYKOMO

Whatchu talkin' bout Willis?

(Arnold from Different Strokes)

To Lotteries: Stop recording our # combinations, and figure out another way to rollover the $$$.

New Mexico
          United States
          Member #12305
          March 10, 2005
          2984 Posts
          Posted: July 31, 2005, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

I'd repair the ones I have.  The '86 Mitzu Montero is the best off-road vehicle I've ever come across, but after a quarter-million miles it takes a lot of maintenance.  I'd replace the drive-train with new and rebuilt and see if I live to watch it turn over half-million. 

The '87 Trooper has nearer half-million miles already, needs some work, but it's a good highway car with light off-road capablilties, good gas mileage and relatively comfortable.  No point in replacing the entire vehicle when a new drive-train would have it back in good shape.

Roughly the same applies to the 91 Toyota 4-Runner, except it has more miles and isn't as good as the Trooper off-road, but is better on pavement.

If I could have them all running at the same time and be confident they'd keep on, I might even get rid of one of them, or put it on blocks in storage.

I could talk myself into a Kawasaki Mule, though it isn't quite a car.  That might make the Montero redundant.

Jack

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8360 Posts
            Posted: July 31, 2005, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

If you won like 122 mil drive whatever you want to, you'll have enought to buy any kind of transportation out there. Or take the bus!

Why even bother to drive get someone to drive you.

If you intend to do a lot of driving especially highway driving buy the safest vehicle on the market. Remember no matter what you drive if you come between a tractor trailer or the equivelant weight of one it woln't matter what you driving.

United States
              Member #4877
              May 30, 2004
              5120 Posts
              Posted: August 1, 2005, 12:00 am - IP Logged

My dream car is a Navy Blue Volvo - I plan to get one a couple of years before I retire whether I win the lottery or not..

THAT's the SPIRIT..........vastine28!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT......something is wrong with the VOTES????

44 valid votes and 17 wants to buy ?????????????............$20-50k cars after

winning the (lottery), (pick-3-4) or WHAT-EVER???????????????????????????

PEOPLE spend this kind of money, everyday for cars when they.............. get here from Mexico???????????????????????..............I THINK???????????????

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

ARE we telling the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!or is this VOTE (pole) for........

REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL????????????????????????

LOL................PLEASE vote and WIN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

PSYKOMO   

NemeSys's avatar - Nemesis
                Harrogate
                United Kingdom
                Member #16589
                June 1, 2005
                107 Posts
                Posted: August 1, 2005, 12:49 am - IP Logged

I wouldn't buy a car. I can't drive and have no desire to. Flying on the other hand...

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  5120 Posts
                  Posted: August 1, 2005, 1:21 am - IP Logged

I wouldn't buy a car. I can't drive and have no desire to. Flying on the other hand...

CONGRATSSSSS................NemeSys.........YOU really have a SPIRIT!!!!!!!

YOU SPEAK-UP..................and out LOUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

But.................you have just WON a BIG LOTTERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.......WOWW!

NOW, you can BUY a car (in your name) and hire your OWN Chauffeurrrrrrrr??

Go for it..........enjoy your win>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>it was YOUR WINN$$$$$$

I SEE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>a win in your FUTURE.......NOT A FORD................

but, they are nice car's (AUTOMOBILES................etc.......................................)

LOL

PSYKOMO

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                    Mcminnville, Oregon
                    United States
                    Member #3013
                    December 13, 2003
                    3049 Posts
                    Posted: August 1, 2005, 2:10 am - IP Logged

It would be a fully loaded ford f350 harley-davidson crewcab truck and black.

NemeSys's avatar - Nemesis
                      Harrogate
                      United Kingdom
                      Member #16589
                      June 1, 2005
                      107 Posts
                      Posted: August 1, 2005, 10:43 am - IP Logged

I've never been one to follow the crowd, Psykomo. You know where I'm coming from.

A chauffeur...well, possibly, but I've never really liked cars. I'd still prefer a helicopter. Cheaper than a Lear jet and easier to land in tight spaces.

New Mexico
                        United States
                        Member #12305
                        March 10, 2005
                        2984 Posts
                        Posted: August 1, 2005, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

easier to land in tight spaces.

The temptation to land helicopters in tight places has made for a lot of interesting reading over the years.  Almost never written by anyone who who was inside the craft when it caught a highline wire or the side of a building as a result of a gusting crosswind.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                          MD
                          United States
                          Member #1701
                          June 18, 2003
                          8360 Posts
                          Posted: August 1, 2005, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

easier to land in tight spaces.

The temptation to land helicopters in tight places has made for a lot of interesting reading over the years.  Almost never written by anyone who who was inside the craft when it caught a highline wire or the side of a building as a result of a gusting crosswind.

Seen it happen back in the 70's a medavac chopper tried to land a just nicked the wires enough to get sideways and man i was scared as shi--- we were like less than 50 yrds away. This chopper turned into a whirling part spitting machine parts of it were flying everywhere it lost all the blades and bounced onto both sides. I hit the dirt because i was afraid a blade would cut me in half as it whizzed just over my head. It was like time stood still. They pilots were pulled from the craft by the on scene rescue dept for a horrific accident. The chopper was there to retrieve the injured driver and passenger. At that point it became a major headache for the on scene paramedics as they now had about 5 people to transport. Luckily the second and third chopper were able to land and get the survivors to the hospitals. The driver whom caused the accident DUI pass at the scene waiting for the second chopper.   
                          Saw a second chopper crash a few years after the first one but was not as near to be a witness to everything that was going on police were flagging everyone and made us u turn and go back the way we came
                            New Mexico
                            United States
                            Member #12305
                            March 10, 2005
                            2984 Posts
                            Posted: August 1, 2005, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

Hair raising story, Four4me....  those things were never meant to fly.  They club the air to death and crawl across the carcass.  You could sell tickets to watch someone trying to learn to hover one.

When I was a  youngster there was a homebuilt kit offered in magazines for a Benton Gyrocopter.... a thing about like a powered hang-glider, but with a rotating wing.... guys were forever cutting themselves in half when the blade caught a post, wire, tree, or their mother-in law.

Nasty.

Jack

bigdaddy's avatar - aviator2 1.jpg
                              BETWEEN OAKRIDGE AND WRIGHT-PATTERSON AFB
                              United States
                              Member #1647
                              June 10, 2003
                              2257 Posts
                              Posted: August 1, 2005, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

a custom pittsburgh steeler inspired o.c.c chopper!!!!

Relax,Bigdaddy has your number!!!!!

Pi is the way...

turning $30 or less into thousands everyday!!

here we go steelers ..here we go---------stairway to seven 

TIME FOR THE LOMBARDI TROPHY TO  COME  HOME..