Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

7 number wheels with high guarantee?

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Todd.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
Dump Water Florida
United States
Member #380
June 5, 2002
3102 Posts
Posted: August 16, 2005, 2:58 am - IP Logged

BobP,

I checked your wheel with the 527 drawings of the OhioSuperLottoPlus a 649 game and these were the results.

match 6 = 0
match 5+0 = 1
match 4+1 = 2
match 4+0 = 72
match 3+1 = 113
match 3+0 = 1402
Cost to play 527 times = $85,901.00
Winnings = $11,667.00

RJOh 

The wheel played above its guarantee which you clearly proved, the rest is dependent on how you position your numbers on the wheel.  You need a strategy beyond throwing all the numbers up in the air and playing them for 527 draws however they fell on the wheel.  

btw: Look how close you came with that 5# win, the odds of winning a jackpot on that day were 1 in 44 of getting the last number correct, what would you be saying if there had been a jackpot win?  BobP

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19824 Posts
    Posted: August 16, 2005, 11:39 am - IP Logged

The trouble with wheels is regardless of the strategy used to position some of your numbers in the wheel, you still have to follow the wheel layout to take advantage of its guarantee. 

If I could afford to play 163 lines, I would prefer to follow some other strategy to position my numbers rather than one that would guarantee a $1 win, after all the odds of winning a dollar is 1:54 no matter what strategy you use.

btw: none of my strategies have made me a jackpot winner.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23260 Posts
      Posted: August 16, 2005, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

The word "chance" is just wrong, when talking about a wheel's guarantee.  It is a guarantee, plain and simple.

Now, if you want to speak about your "chance" of winning the lottery, that has nothing to do with a wheel.

I really don't understand the desire to impose a different word, especially when the original word ("guarantee") is 100% correct.

If you play Mega Millions using Lottery Post's 2 if 5 of 56 wheel, and you play all 46 lines in the wheel as they are written, then you are GUARANTEED to get at least a 2+0 match on at least one ticket.

Yes, you are 100% guaranteed, every single time, to get at least a 2+0 match.  And if you play a different Mega Ball on every ticket, you are guaranteed that you'll get at least a 0+1 prize every single time.

Case closed, jury dismissed.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!