Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I Won The Lottery This Year For Over 25 M

Topic closed. 61 replies. Last post 11 years ago by fxsterling.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Atlanta
United States
Member #15989
May 24, 2005
183 Posts
Posted: August 23, 2005, 11:14 am - IP Logged

Too funny Cash

LOL

Litebets27's avatar - power
    Maryland
    United States
    Member #10465
    January 14, 2005
    6065 Posts
    Posted: August 23, 2005, 11:35 am - IP Logged

I wish that this Yeager person would come back and answer some of these questions and/or defend his or herself. I would like to believe the person. But it's to hard to do when they just tell half a story and then run.

Hey, J.  We won't try to hit you up for any of your dough. We want our own. But would like to know how you did it. This may help us in our quest.

litebets

United States
      Member #5565
      July 11, 2004
      260 Posts
      Posted: August 23, 2005, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

Both the New York Lottery and MegaMillions pay out their prizes in 26 year annuities.  Neither lottery is part of the Florida menu of games. He seems a little young to be one of those who commutes between New York and Florida on a seasonal basis.  I'm a little skeptical that he hasn't received his first installment yet nor has he provided any info on what he expected his law firm to do for him.

New Mexico
        United States
        Member #12305
        March 10, 2005
        2984 Posts
        Posted: August 23, 2005, 12:49 pm - IP Logged
        When i hear story's like this one i try and do a little detective work to confirm that what the person said is true or not the person might have used their real name and that might be Joyce, John, Jay, Jane, Jamie, Jack,  Yaeger The small j at the end of the name could also be jr. Who knows any way this person won some money who had that name. Then again the screen name he/she used could be fictitious.  
        probably not the person who started this thread but does have the same last name.
        The person who started this thread said they won over 24 million and the last time a lottery in Florida was over 24 million and was hit was on May 12 2005 a little more than 90 days ago for an estimated 27 million dollars.. So this quite possibly might be the game that is being referred to.  

Nice piece of sleuthing. 

The yeager surname is a fairly weird coincidence.  Sort of like 36 hitting PB as red and white the same draw, then hitting MM next draw.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

USA
          United States
          Member #1849
          July 15, 2003
          265 Posts
          Posted: August 23, 2005, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

I don't disbelieve this person. My only question is this. Why come here after you win. There's so much going and so much to do. Would any of you join a Lottery Forum after a win to disclose the win? I'll be honest I don't think many of us would. I think there’s a good percentage of us in here that would never come back after a win. I may be wrong but it's a thought. In any case this person that started this post was nice and pleasant and did no harm. Perhaps is they are for real they wouldn't mind sharing their strategies with us. Maybe we can help them in some way to offer advice and or opinions on how to handle some things. Maybe we have nothing to offer but if this is for real let's explore the possiblities because I speak for myself to say that it is very exciting to meet someone, even on web, that has won the jackpot. Please tell more.

New Mexico
            United States
            Member #12305
            March 10, 2005
            2984 Posts
            Posted: August 23, 2005, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

I don't disbelieve this person. My only question is this. Why come here after you win. There's so much going and so much to do. Would any of you join a Lottery Forum after a win to disclose the win? I'll be honest I don't think many of us would. I think there’s a good percentage of us in here that would never come back after a win. I may be wrong but it's a thought. In any case this person that started this post was nice and pleasant and did no harm. Perhaps is they are for real they wouldn't mind sharing their strategies with us. Maybe we can help them in some way to offer advice and or opinions on how to handle some things. Maybe we have nothing to offer but if this is for real let's explore the possiblities because I speak for myself to say that it is very exciting to meet someone, even on web, that has won the jackpot. Please tell more.

I think I'd like to hear more even if the person's lying.  The person struck me as not having mean-spiritedness as a motive.... not a hint of it in the post.  Maybe that's why I'd like it to be true.

Jack

Egos don't count.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19826 Posts
              Posted: August 23, 2005, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

Truthful or not, he/she created enough interest to rate a red envelope.  Go to almost any lottery software website and you will see testimonials with no more proof of being real than yaegerj's post as validation of their software capabilities, they see words as yaegerj's sees money, just a tool and nothing else.  Maybe yaegerj used his post as a tool, why talk real$ when word$ will do. 

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #8747
                November 16, 2004
                213 Posts
                Posted: August 23, 2005, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

I believe him or her.

My profile of him or her is that, he or she just completed every step towards receiving this money. (over 3 months now) 

He or she has also made a big change in his or her life such as making a big purchase or relocating.

I also believe he or she is a member of this community (LP) but got an new id to make this post.

He or she would never be heard from again.

Lots of luck to you.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23267 Posts
                  Posted: August 23, 2005, 3:05 pm - IP Logged
                  Opps, I think I did this wrong.  Takes too much bandwidth
                  Todd, how does one post things like this?

If you want to remove all the formatting from something you're pasting, use the Paste as Text  button, instead of regular Paste .  It pastes only plain text of whatever is on the clipboard.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!

New Mexico
                    United States
                    Member #12305
                    March 10, 2005
                    2984 Posts
                    Posted: August 23, 2005, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

I believe him or her.

My profile of him or her is that, he or she just completed every step towards receiving this money. (over 3 months now) 

He or she has also made a big change in his or her life such as making a big purchase or relocating.

I also believe he or she is a member of this community (LP) but got an new id to make this post.

He or she would never be heard from again.

Lots of luck to you.

Getpaid:

No point in supposing a loaf of bread when you can suppose a grocery store, I suppose.

Jack

Egos don't count.

United States
                      Member #5565
                      July 11, 2004
                      260 Posts
                      Posted: August 23, 2005, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

[quote]He or she has also made a big change in his or her life such as making a big purchase or relocating.[/quote]

I though he or she was postponing making any big decisions at this time.  He or she refers to the Decision Free Zone which is commonly referenced in sites dealing with Sudden Wealth. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19826 Posts
                        Posted: August 26, 2005, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

Was this a hoax or not?  Someone from Miami, Florida becomes a member, makes one post claiming to have won a $25M+ lottery jackpot and accepting a 26 years annuity.  It was have been nice to have a link to a creditable news story about this person giving this post the feel of the inside scoop on a real lottery winner in his own words. 

Oh well, maybe one of the regular LP posters will win a lottery jackpot one of these days and share their story.  It will be nice to read some of their old posts and see what they were thinking before the big win and get a feel for what it's like to spent a dollar on a dream one day and actually be living the dream a few days later.  Good luck fellow posters, may one of those dream come true soon.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

New Mexico
                          United States
                          Member #12305
                          March 10, 2005
                          2984 Posts
                          Posted: August 27, 2005, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

Was this a hoax or not?  Someone from Miami, Florida becomes a member, makes one post claiming to have won a $25M+ lottery jackpot and accepting a 26 years annuity.  It was have been nice to have a link to a creditable news story about this person giving this post the feel of the inside scoop on a real lottery winner in his own words. 

Oh well, maybe one of the regular LP posters will win a lottery jackpot one of these days and share their story.  It will be nice to read some of their old posts and see what they were thinking before the big win and get a feel for what it's like to spent a dollar on a dream one day and actually be living the dream a few days later.  Good luck fellow posters, may one of those dream come true soon.

RJOh

It definitely died on the vine, didn't it?

I'd hoped the person might come back and do another post or two.  Even if they'd changed IDs again it would have been good to hear more, maybe have a few more questions answered.

As you say, maybe next time.

Jack

Egos don't count.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                            MD
                            United States
                            Member #1701
                            June 18, 2003
                            8361 Posts
                            Posted: August 28, 2005, 11:12 am - IP Logged

My guess the reason he/she might not reply is within an hour of the first post their pm box was full of requests for a hand out or questions about how he/she managed to win the game if they had some system to share or questions of that nature. But that's just my guess why he/she hasen't been back.

New Mexico
                              United States
                              Member #12305
                              March 10, 2005
                              2984 Posts
                              Posted: August 28, 2005, 11:43 am - IP Logged

That would be an interesting piece of information, if we had it.  Seems unlikely to me anyone on LP would have PMed the person, but maybe I'm not jaded enough about things to guess right.

I'd be more inclined to think the person just read down the thread (if he/she came back) and decided the ensuing arguments and accusations wouldn't be a pleasurable way to  spend the time.  That's assuming the person was authentic.

I've been asking myself a lot how I'd feel about posting anything on LP if I ever managed to win.  To be honest about it, I'd say it's a fairly mixed bag.  I can see how this person, if the claim was true, would prefer to sacrifice the friendliness and good wishes of some because the cost in dealing with the  suspicion, envy and rancor in others just wouldn't be worth the price of admission.

Jack

Egos don't count.