Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 1:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you won would you move from your town?

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Pick3forSC.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

If you won the lottery, would you stay in your town?

I'd stay in my current home. [ 9 ]  [15.25%]
I'd stay in my home town, but buy another house. [ 20 ]  [33.90%]
I'd move out of town. [ 9 ]  [15.25%]
I'd move out of state. [ 14 ]  [23.73%]
I'd move out of the country. [ 2 ]  [3.39%]
I'd move to another planet [ 5 ]  [8.47%]
Total Valid Votes [ 59 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 6 ]  

United States
Member #6388
August 20, 2004
3578 Posts
Posted: September 18, 2005, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

Well,I have been blessed in my lifetime,juz by good investments,an so forth,an what I did was buy land,an had homes built,sold some here in Alpharetta,an also bought an apartment building,anywayz I love it here in Ga,I kept my home an juz had a loft built,an had it designed the way I wanted it,an my home, juz got a new foundation,I also donate to different charities....  That's what i've done...

Let your money,make money,not the other way around,juz be wise with your decisions...

United States
    Member #379
    June 5, 2002
    11296 Posts
    Posted: September 27, 2005, 11:23 am - IP Logged

I would continue to live in Mahopac. But I would move out of this apartment.

KYPower418's avatar - nicebear
      Louisville,KY
      United States
      Member #23702
      October 15, 2005
      45 Posts
      Posted: October 16, 2005, 12:46 am - IP Logged

Well it depends how much money I would win. I'm not real crazy about where I live now-it's in the poorer part of the city and alot of trashy people are starting to buy the homes around here LOL. If it was a few million, probably remodel and save for a house later on down the road. If it is something like the pot we have growing now, I'm outta this part of town and possibly out of the city! I love my state too much to move. I'll probably build a nice 4 or 5 bedroom brick home somewhere in the open..nothing too huge or gaudy. Then I'll buy condos on each side of the US and an apartment over in Paris. Ooh LaLa :)

There's always again!

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #1340
        April 6, 2003
        2450 Posts
        Posted: October 16, 2005, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

If I win, I'm headed to the Grand Strand in sunny SC! not sure of waterfront on beach or intracoastal waterway, leaning towards the beach just north of myrtle beach proper...

already go there for vacation, may as well make it permanent ;-)

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
          Charlotte NC
          United States
          Member #17406
          June 18, 2005
          4053 Posts
          Posted: October 16, 2005, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

Well,I have been blessed in my lifetime,juz by good investments,an so forth,an what I did was buy land,an had homes built,sold some here in Alpharetta,an also bought an apartment building,anywayz I love it here in Ga,I kept my home an juz had a loft built,an had it designed the way I wanted it,an my home, juz got a new foundation,I also donate to different charities....  That's what i've done...

Let your money,make money,not the other way around,juz be wise with your decisions...

BananaYou sound like my daughter.  She's 26 and own 4 investment properties for two years now.  Paid cash for her own wedding (no production) and work for herself as a consultant.

takeemtothebank

Pick3forSC's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
            North Carolina (West of Charlotte)
            United States
            Member #1436
            April 28, 2003
            628 Posts
            Posted: October 16, 2005, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

I'd Leave my home so quick you'd think an earthquake hit! MY ignorant 3/4 of the time drunk neighbor asked yesterday (saturday) what was i gonna do if i hit the PB? I told him "Get the hell out of Kings Mtn ASAP" He said he would stay & help his neighbors out, when i called him a multitude of names & basically a liar since HE has never done anything to help anyone other than himself, he said he would just buy the whole block & blow up every house on it. I told him you dont need a bunch of money to do that, just the Internet, some common sense, & stuff you can buy locally & i qualify for all 3 so neighbor "watch your mouth"