Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Another New York Concept

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Greg.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1826
July 11, 2003
2645 Posts
Posted: September 28, 2005, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

Better Odds Than Ever!

Pick 5 out of 35

Still just $1.

Avg. Prize
Avg. Rolldown Prize
Odds
Match 5
$30,000
N/A
1 : 324,632
Match 4
$300
$500
1 : 2,164
Match 3
$17
$17
1 : 74
Match 2
Free Ticket
Free Ticket
1 : 8

Overall Odds : 1 in 7

Super Prizes. Super Value. Super Game.

Pick 5 of 59

Now get 3 plays for $1!

Minimum Jackpot : $2,000,000 Annuity 

Avg. Prize
Odds per $1
Match 6
JACKPOT
1 : 15,019,158
Match 5+B
$124,000
1 : 2,503,193
Match 5
$1,800
1 : 48,138
Match 4
$28
1 : 755
Match 3
$2
1 : 34

Overall Odds : 1 in 32.5

New York's Daily Jackpot Game

Same format of 10-20-80. Same price at $1. Refer to the Pick 10 website for odds.

Minimum Jackpot : $500,000 Cash. Average roll should be about $25,000/day.

Match
Prize
10/20
JACKPOT
9/20
$2,500
8/20
$100
7/20
$25
6/20
$7
0/20
$3

If you're wondering why I lowered the lower prizes, it's to help the jackpot along. Pick 10 currently allocates 9% of sales to the top prize (compare that with 10% of sales with Take Five, and 30% in Lotto). This would put it up to about 21%.

Tell me what you think. 

(insert signature here)

United States
    Member #1826
    July 11, 2003
    2645 Posts
    Posted: September 29, 2005, 12:06 am - IP Logged

I meant 6 out of 59 in Super Lotto, sorry. I wish I could just edit my posts at any time.

(insert signature here)

United States
      Member #1826
      July 11, 2003
      2645 Posts
      Posted: September 29, 2005, 1:28 am - IP Logged

If the latest Pick 10 winner had played my version, he would have won $1,125,000 (judging by avg. roll and the streak between winners).

(insert signature here)

United States
        Member #1826
        July 11, 2003
        2645 Posts
        Posted: October 2, 2005, 1:19 am - IP Logged

On second thought, maybe Take Five should rollover. Just don't let people know it or we would have something like 15 top prize winners because so many would be playing. Here's a sample payout page.

And a Pick 10 payout page.

(insert signature here)

Sparta, NJ
          United States
          Member #18331
          July 9, 2005
          1977 Posts
          Posted: October 2, 2005, 8:29 am - IP Logged

I never really understand the NYL. In Pick 10, you show 4,182 winners of $3.00 for zero Winning Numbers Matched.

I get three dollars just for playing, without matching any number? Yet, if I match eight out ten, I only get $100.00?

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

United States
            Member #1826
            July 11, 2003
            2645 Posts
            Posted: October 2, 2005, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

I never really understand the NYL. In Pick 10, you show 4,182 winners of $3.00 for zero Winning Numbers Matched.

I get three dollars just for playing, without matching any number? Yet, if I match eight out ten, I only get $100.00?

It's all about the odds. Your odds of matching 0 numbers is about 1 in 21. Compare that with the odds of matching 5 numbers, that's about 1 in 19. Close, but still shorter odds. And they simply decided to reward the prize levels with the highest odds, as opposed to the most numbers.

(insert signature here)

United States
              Member #379
              June 5, 2002
              11296 Posts
              Posted: October 2, 2005, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

jimmy:

Take Five should roll over. An 18-year-old (long NY's drinking age; I bought a beer at 18) can buy liquor in Quebec province.

United States
                Member #1826
                July 11, 2003
                2645 Posts
                Posted: October 2, 2005, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

Cash: You think Take 5 should rollover, so how would you feel about this?

Just an FYI, this is based on a 3 plays per $1 price point. 

(insert signature here)

Sparta, NJ
                  United States
                  Member #18331
                  July 9, 2005
                  1977 Posts
                  Posted: October 2, 2005, 10:09 pm - IP Logged

Great game - New York Lotto. Have bought a QP for each draw for three years steady. Have never hit more than three numbers, and only around six or seven times during that time line. Its like it knows what numbers I  have!

Cheers

United States
                    Member #1826
                    July 11, 2003
                    2645 Posts
                    Posted: October 2, 2005, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

Great game - New York Lotto. Have bought a QP for each draw for three years steady. Have never hit more than three numbers, and only around six or seven times during that time line. Its like it knows what numbers I  have!

Don't tell that to Cash.

Yeah, I've that same kind of luck with Mega Millions. And my dad had that problem with Florida Lotto (I wasn't old enough at the time), but he's a jinx so that has a lot to do with it. We all have our games we just can't hit.

(insert signature here)

United States
                      Member #119
                      February 19, 2002
                      527 Posts
                      Posted: October 2, 2005, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy, in general I like your creativity, but you do us all a disservice by LOWERING the amounts paid in the NY Keno Pick 10 game.  They currently pay $6,000 for 9/10 numbers; your paltry $2500. (and other lowered tiered prize amounts) is an insult to the intelligence of the players! 

Please stop trying to stroke the powers that be who formulate these games and determine prize amounts.  I'm VERY satisified with the current NY Keno prize structure and you should be too.  Don't mess with something that "ain't broken"!

United States
                        Member #379
                        June 5, 2002
                        11296 Posts
                        Posted: October 3, 2005, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

chewie:

You travel to play EVERY drawing of NY Cheapo? No wonder you don't win.

Sparta, NJ
                          United States
                          Member #18331
                          July 9, 2005
                          1977 Posts
                          Posted: October 3, 2005, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

Not much of a travel actually. I work about four blocks from the NY/NJ border. Lotto sales are every where I turn. Have to pass several to go to lunch. Many times I buy one QP for multiple draws.

Cheapo? NY Lotto is sitting at $9M annuity this very second. What should I spend on a lotto? $1.00? $2.00? $5.00? $10.00? $20.00?  I would imagine it depends on the number of tickets it takes to win the lotto. Humm, yeah, only one ticket required. Buying more than one would make the rest an investment to the state and the holder of that one ticket.

BTW. Did you happen to know, NY is giving away a $1.00 MM ticket for a $5.00 purchase? Not $5.00 on one draw, even on an extended draws. That is not a bad deal.

Cheers

United States
                            Member #1826
                            July 11, 2003
                            2645 Posts
                            Posted: October 3, 2005, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

Not much of a travel actually. I work about four blocks from the NY/NJ border. Lotto sales are every where I turn. Have to pass several to go to lunch. Many times I buy one QP for multiple draws.

Cheapo? NY Lotto is sitting at $9M annuity this very second. What should I spend on a lotto? $1.00? $2.00? $5.00? $10.00? $20.00? I would imagine it depends on the number of tickets it takes to win the lotto. Humm, yeah, only one ticket required. Buying more than one would make the rest an investment to the state and the holder of that one ticket.

BTW. Did you happen to know, NY is giving away a $1.00 MM ticket for a $5.00 purchase? Not $5.00 on one draw, even on an extended draws. That is not a bad deal.

He's talking about the overall payout (40%) being cheap. And that really only applies to the lower prizes, the jackpot gets as much as any other game.

But I agree with Cash, the lower prizes are rediculously low. But at least you get something for 3/6. Remember Michigan Lotto? You got nothing for 3/6, and that was a 6/49. 

(insert signature here)

United States
                              Member #1826
                              July 11, 2003
                              2645 Posts
                              Posted: October 3, 2005, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy, in general I like your creativity, but you do us all a disservice by LOWERING the amounts paid in the NY Keno Pick 10 game.  They currently pay $6,000 for 9/10 numbers; your paltry $2500. (and other lowered tiered prize amounts) is an insult to the intelligence of the players! 

Please stop trying to stroke the powers that be who formulate these games and determine prize amounts.  I'm VERY satisified with the current NY Keno prize structure and you should be too.  Don't mess with something that "ain't broken"!

I changed the payouts to those levels in order to facilitate the growing jackpot. Did you know only about 9% of the total sales go to the top prize under the current system. That's even less than Take Five. I'm all about carving niches here. Take Five for small prize hunters, Lotto for big prize hunters, and Pick 10 for a little balance.

(insert signature here)