Welcome Guest
You last visited May 21, 2018, 12:40 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Another New York Concept

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 13 years ago by Greg.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Sparta, NJ
United States
Member #18331
July 9, 2005
1977 Posts
Posted: October 3, 2005, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy: My point was, I am lucky when I get 3/6 on NY Lotto. I usually get nothing. Have never been above 3/6, even last month when they ran the wild card hit. It is gotta be masochism!

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

United States
    Member #119
    February 19, 2002
    530 Posts
    Posted: October 3, 2005, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy, you write:

"I changed the payouts to those levels in order to facilitate the growing jackpot. Did you know only about 9% of the total sales go to the top prize under the current system. That's even less than Take Five. I'm all about carving niches here. Take Five for small prize hunters, Lotto for big prize hunters, and Pick 10 for a little balance."

1) So what if "only about 9% of the total sales go to the top prize under the current system"?  If that is in fact the case (and I'd like you to cite your source by the way), why LOWER the amount of the $6,000. prize to your $2,500?  Again, what you are saying does not make sense.

2) Last week you boldly stated that Pick 10 was not a popular game, among other contentions.  I guess you think differently now, especially that you want to LOWER prize amount for those of us who work hard to WIN them!

United States
      Member #1826
      July 11, 2003
      2645 Posts
      Posted: October 3, 2005, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy, you write:

"I changed the payouts to those levels in order to facilitate the growing jackpot. Did you know only about 9% of the total sales go to the top prize under the current system. That's even less than Take Five. I'm all about carving niches here. Take Five for small prize hunters, Lotto for big prize hunters, and Pick 10 for a little balance."

1) So what if "only about 9% of the total sales go to the top prize under the current system"? If that is in fact the case (and I'd like you to cite your source by the way), why LOWER the amount of the $6,000. prize to your $2,500? Again, what you are saying does not make sense.

2) Last week you boldly stated that Pick 10 was not a popular game, among other contentions. I guess you think differently now, especially that you want to LOWER prize amount for those of us who work hard to WIN them!

The source is mathematics. I calculated what the payout would be compared to the odds. And the answer is 9%. So much of the prize pool goes to smaller prizes, and this system would put more (but not too much more) into the jackpot. And if people see a higher, and growing, top prize, more people will play. Besides, there already is a game with big smaller prizes, Take Five.

So in conclusion, the scales are tipped too far to the side of smaller prizes right now, this would help balance it out.

Would this be a better system?

Match
      Prize
      JACKPOT
      $6,000
      $300
      $40
      $6
      $2

(insert signature here)

United States
        Member #119
        February 19, 2002
        530 Posts
        Posted: October 4, 2005, 8:57 am - IP Logged

October 3, 2005 PICK 10 Drawing - 4,183 Winners Share $43,268 In Prizes 

Winning Numbers
        Matched
        PrizeNumber of
        Winners
        10$500,000.000
        9$6,000.002
        8$300.008
        7$40.00118
        6$10.001,030
        0$4.003,462

No, I like the NY game prize structure above better!  They pay $4. more for 6 numbers and $2. more for zero numbers.

Match
        Prize
        JACKPOt
        $6,000
        $300
        $40
        $6
        $2