Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 9:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If there was no cap.....

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 11 years ago by JimmySand9.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #24439
October 22, 2005
638 Posts
Posted: October 25, 2005, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

Not everyone is gonna win big. I would accept $200,000 if I could.

New Mexico
    United States
    Member #12305
    March 10, 2005
    2984 Posts
    Posted: October 25, 2005, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

Not everyone is gonna win big. I would accept $200,000 if I could.

So would every other LP member.  We just talk big.

Consider this.  Most LP members don't even buy a membership.  They take the free one.  What does that tell you about their financial status at this moment?

Tells me they aren't millionaires.  That they have to be careful with their finances.  That they'd be overjoyed with a $10K win. 

If the people on LP are like most Americans they've never seen $10,000 cash in their lives as a windfall, or even free and clear.

But they don't buy PB or MM tickets until the cash value gets into the stratosphere.

The human brain is a strange place to live.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
      Magnolia, Delaware
      United States
      Member #18795
      July 20, 2005
      789 Posts
      Posted: October 25, 2005, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

Most LP members don't even buy a membership.  They take the free one.  What does that tell you about their financial status at this moment? This is what I have to say about that statement; Why buy the cow when the milk is Free! Not many things in life are free and most are going to take advantage of it for as long as the free ride is there!

But they don't buy PB or MM tickets until the cash value gets into the stratosphere. I'd say this is true for the same people I spoke about above!

The human brain is a strange place to live. I totally agree on this one!

I bet most on here have two incomes coming into their households too and most of them are living way above their means, just as most Americans do! This is the reason why "Most LP members" don't buy their memberships! If I could scrap my membership money together over a period of 3-5 months (on one income) anyone can! 

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

New Mexico
        United States
        Member #12305
        March 10, 2005
        2984 Posts
        Posted: October 25, 2005, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

Most LP members don't even buy a membership.  They take the free one.  What does that tell you about their financial status at this moment? This is what I have to say about that statement; Why buy the cow when the milk is Free! Not many things in life are free and most are going to take advantage of it for as long as the free ride is there!

But they don't buy PB or MM tickets until the cash value gets into the stratosphere. I'd say this is true for the same people I spoke about above!

The human brain is a strange place to live. I totally agree on this one!

I bet most on here have two incomes coming into their households too and most of them are living way above their means, just as most Americans do! This is the reason why "Most LP members" don't buy their memberships! If I could scrap my membership money together over a period of 3-5 months (on one income) anyone can! 

True, barrista.  And you did.  I recall you saying you were going to, then doing it in a while.  My point was that you aren't rolling around in money.  Neither are the rest of us.

The absurdity inherent in any discusssion about a cap on jackpot values when cash value goes beyond 170M among folks such as you and me, and the other LP members, was the point of my remark.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

United States
          Member #1826
          July 11, 2003
          2645 Posts
          Posted: October 25, 2005, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

If there was no cap...that would suck. Powerball really had a good idea with this one. IMHO, every draw should be capped at $25M per roll, and any excess will be put in a seperate pool which will roll down to ALL levels upon a jackpot win.

(insert signature here)