Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mistakes

Topic closed. 46 replies. Last post 11 years ago by sirbrad.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: November 10, 2005, 9:43 am - IP Logged

Mistake tickets include those in NY and Texas for annual payments. I've seen NY online tickets with "foreign" symbols, like playing cards.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
    Member #4877
    May 30, 2004
    5114 Posts
    Posted: November 10, 2005, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

It's not the wrong book.  It's THE book on why quickpicks are NOT the way to go.  Not that SOME don't win on qps, it's just that many buy qps and lose when they are better off with number selection strategies. 

Greg...........................

Tell us more...............on how to be better-off with number selection???

strateges and why you won't slip in a QP now or thennnnnnnnnnnn???

Starting, 01/01/2006, I plan to use "BOFUM".......QP & # selection, even

if I HIT the BIG Winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn  on 12/25/2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

PSYKOMO 

Sparta, NJ
      United States
      Member #18331
      July 9, 2005
      1977 Posts
      Posted: November 10, 2005, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

I never thought about buying left over tickets.  Tomorrow, I'll stop off at a couple of my favorite stores, and see if they have some "mistakes" and buy them.   I'm getting desperate.  Pretty soon I'll be scratching the ground with chicken feet and sticking pins in dolls.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

DirtyWrat's avatar - dirty rat_3051bs_mor.jpg
        Darlington, S.C.
        United States
        Member #3691
        February 12, 2004
        133 Posts
        Posted: November 16, 2005, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

I went to a c-store today and asked the clerk for five cash five tickets with power-up. She gave me five powerball tickets with powerplay.

I was outside before I glanced at my ticket and noticed the mistake, and went back in to see if she could swap me for cash five tickets because I already had powerball tickets for tonights drawing.

I got inside and a little voice in my head said "KEEP THESE NUMBERS."

So I laid out anouther ten bucks for my cash five tickets and left.

Who knows! The little voice in my head has been wrong before, but I couldn't take that chance.

With the lottery I get all the exercise I need.

In futility.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
          FEMA Region V Camp #21
          United States
          Member #520
          July 27, 2002
          5699 Posts
          Posted: November 16, 2005, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

Dollar for dollar, I have probably won more on the mistake numbers in the pick-3. My agent keeps and plays mistake pick-3 tickets and wins just as often as the rest of us.

Usually I keep mistake tickets.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Fwup's avatar - babylaugh 086.gif

United States
            Member #3654
            February 9, 2004
            70 Posts
            Posted: November 16, 2005, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

I went to a c-store today and asked the clerk for five cash five tickets with power-up. She gave me five powerball tickets with powerplay.

I was outside before I glanced at my ticket and noticed the mistake, and went back in to see if she could swap me for cash five tickets because I already had powerball tickets for tonights drawing.

Who knows! The little voice in my head has been wrong before, but I couldn't take that chance.

So when you win the Powerball you're going to split it with me, right?

Darlington, S.C.
              United States
              Member #3691
              February 12, 2004
              133 Posts
              Posted: November 16, 2005, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

Since the jackpot is "only" 31 million I don't think I will have enough to share. According to the jackpot analisis on the usamega web site I would "only" end up with 10 million after taxes and taking the cash option.

No Pity!

In futility.

Fwup's avatar - babylaugh 086.gif

United States
                Member #3654
                February 9, 2004
                70 Posts
                Posted: November 16, 2005, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

Since the jackpot is "only" 31 million I don't think I will have enough to share.

No Pity!

If I won the lottery I'd give it all to you.

Darlington, S.C.
                  United States
                  Member #3691
                  February 12, 2004
                  133 Posts
                  Posted: November 16, 2005, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

Since the jackpot is "only" 31 million I don't think I will have enough to share.

No Pity!

If I won the lottery I'd give it all to you.

I would look out for family first, friends a distant second, and you would  be sh*t out of luck.

In futility.

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                    Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #1303
                    March 27, 2003
                    1508 Posts
                    Posted: November 16, 2005, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

People actually buy a book on how to play Quick Picks? OK! I'm starting one tonight, How to lose at the lottery. Should sell a million copies the first day.

How can anyone write an entire book on quickpicks?  It would be one page long and say....

Buy quick picks

Then it would sell for twenty bucks and the author would take the money from the sales and buy some system ! Green laugh

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

New Mexico
                      United States
                      Member #12305
                      March 10, 2005
                      2984 Posts
                      Posted: November 16, 2005, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

People actually buy a book on how to play Quick Picks? OK! I'm starting one tonight, How to lose at the lottery. Should sell a million copies the first day.

How can anyone write an entire book on quickpicks?  It would be one page long and say....

Buy quick picks

Then it would sell for twenty bucks and the author would take the money from the sales and buy some system ! Green laugh

Keeping the title short helps.  All those words the writer didn't use up in the title are fair game for text inside the book.

Large print helps.  Lots of diagrams and pictures of QP tickets and balls with numbers on them.

Convenience store ettiquite might make for a chapter.

Anecdotes about all the fine people the author met standing in line to buy quick picks, all the garbage cans he's dug in for mistakes and what other stuff he found while he was digging might make a chapter.

A guy could digress a lot.  Put in a few pictures of his wife and kids.  Talk some about what he thinks about politics and Ford automobiles.

I think a properly done book on Quick Picks might well reach out there into the 150 page range, provided a writer had access to 145 pictures and was willing to throw in a couple of blank pages.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

Annual Payments's avatar - annual 20payments.jpg
                        Houston, TX
                        United States
                        Member #9841
                        December 23, 2004
                        236 Posts
                        Posted: November 16, 2005, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

What's a mistake ticket?

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                          PA
                          United States
                          Member #22983
                          October 6, 2005
                          2226 Posts
                          Posted: November 16, 2005, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

Those rejected by players for some reason. Being it is the wrong number, game, number of plays etc...

Sparta, NJ
                            United States
                            Member #18331
                            July 9, 2005
                            1977 Posts
                            Posted: November 16, 2005, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

What's a mistake ticket?

All the ones I buy - they don't win (joking)

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Annual Payments's avatar - annual 20payments.jpg
                              Houston, TX
                              United States
                              Member #9841
                              December 23, 2004
                              236 Posts
                              Posted: November 16, 2005, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

oh ok.  I could consider those Cash Value Option tickets as mistakes.  But like I said, I took them anyway because that could be the big one or at least a winner.  But I'd moan and complain to the lottery officials if they wouldn't give me my annual payments.