Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 7:47 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mistakes

Topic closed. 46 replies. Last post 11 years ago by sirbrad.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Baltimore, MD
United States
Member #1221
March 4, 2003
13 Posts
Posted: November 8, 2005, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

In March, I won $2,700 on a mistake Pick 4 ticket. 

getfashions's avatar - talina mcrow.png
    GA USA
    United States
    Member #3977
    March 9, 2004
    364 Posts
    Posted: November 8, 2005, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

Yes I bought a few once that was left behind, because I knew it would make a great story if I won. I wonder how many people would then claim that they actually paid for the ticket, or lost it? LOL I wonder if any clerk ever kept an eye on the winning the numbers, and the tickets left behind? Could they still somehow buy the ticket I wonder?

Of course! Take ticket and put a dollar or two in the cash regisiter!  Easy win!  lololololololol

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you! ---Golden Rule

Kindness goes a long way.

Take it all the way to the bank!!!

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
      PA
      United States
      Member #22983
      October 6, 2005
      2226 Posts
      Posted: November 8, 2005, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

Lol. I wish I was more into the lottery back when I worked at convenience stores. Sounds like a whole strategy within itself. I may write book one day..."How to get rich off of mistake lottery tickets."

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
        Member #4877
        May 30, 2004
        5142 Posts
        Posted: November 8, 2005, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

try to remember the name of the book!!! :)

clunker:

The title of that book is.........."Psykomo 101".........it should be in your

local book store by XMA$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$..........2005!!!!!!!!

LOL

PSYKOMO 

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5582 Posts
          Posted: November 8, 2005, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

It hard to believe there's enough information about buying quick pick lottery tickets to fill a book let alone give you an edge.  Good luck on your QP's

*Note - Quick pick or Easy pick and hope to get lucky is a number picking system, it's easy and quick.

ROFL    I saw a similair book on ebay. It's a 1000 page, fact filled, strategy driven guide on flipping a coin. As a bonus you get an additional book that has 1500 pages of tips on how to use a flip in your favor, after you've already finished *flipping ....WOW.....Amazing......LOL....LOL

*Batteries....I mean Flopping not included.....

Miss Bee's avatar - strawberry
            nashville
            United States
            Member #4990
            June 8, 2004
            1376 Posts
            Posted: November 9, 2005, 6:54 am - IP Logged

My friend owns a store here in Nashville and this guy wanted 5 quick picks, the clerk powerplayed them by mistake and the customer didn't want them, happens a lot there, the clerk bought those 5 and won 500.00 He was very happy, I have done it once I bought 40.00 worth of mistakes from there and won 70.00, I did it so the girl at the time wouldnot get in trouble and she couldnot afford to pay for them I guess no good deed goes un noticed, I have done it twice since with no luck, I think because the first time was from the heart and the others were hoping for a win, smile.

United States
              Member #119
              February 19, 2002
              527 Posts
              Posted: November 9, 2005, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

It's not the wrong book.  It's THE book on why quickpicks are NOT the way to go.  Not that SOME don't win on qps, it's just that many buy qps and lose when they are better off with number selection strategies. 

PA
                United States
                Member #22983
                October 6, 2005
                2226 Posts
                Posted: November 9, 2005, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

Not to mention the fact that over 70% of the huge jackpots were won via QP. At least that is what the lottery headquarters say.

Rainmaker2k's avatar - voodoo
                  Dallas, TX
                  United States
                  Member #5506
                  July 8, 2004
                  24 Posts
                  Posted: November 9, 2005, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

I'm guilty, anytime I see a ticket lying near the lottery terminal I ask about the ticket.  The clerk will tell you why the ticket is lying there and I usually buy it.  You never know, it could be the big one!!!!!!!!!!  I know a guy that bought a mistake ticket and won 5 out of 6 on the Texas Lottery.

It is better to open your eyes and say you don't understand, than to close your eyes and say you don't believe.

George Clinton

PA
                    United States
                    Member #22983
                    October 6, 2005
                    2226 Posts
                    Posted: November 9, 2005, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

So I guess it is a mistake not to buy mistake tickets.

delores247's avatar - Lottery-048.jpg

United States
                      Member #19043
                      July 24, 2005
                      7378 Posts
                      Posted: November 9, 2005, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

PartyI remember my birthday when i was turning 45 i made up my number to be 545 so it woud represent my age but i also buy qps on my b day and they gave me 545 three times on a combo and i had allready played it myself 3 times on a combo,i was so mad but the number hit that night and what a birthday surprise folks it hit yes,it did 3 times on the qp and 3 times on my number so don't underestimate a qp,i don't anymore,goodluck folks!See Ya!

United States
                        Member #119
                        February 19, 2002
                        527 Posts
                        Posted: November 9, 2005, 8:28 pm - IP Logged
                        Quote sirbradReport Inappropriate ContentTop of pagePosted: Today, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

Not to mention the fact that over 70% of the huge jackpots were won via QP. At least that is what the lottery headquarters say.

What they will NOT tell you are how many winners were not QP...oh they'll mention their names, but not if they used number selection strategies or even wheels.  But they will milk the QP winners.  Why?  So more suckers go out and buy QPs thus enriching the state; however, there would be more winners if one-third of those players used good number selection strategies.  There isn't a lottery in this country that would benefit from publicizing those who used number selection strategies.  That in turns fuels what I call "the Quickpick Illusion": buy a quickpick and you'll definitely win.  I don't think so.  Finally, did you know that the computers that generate the QPs are not programmed to sell all the possible combinations?  That means the QP that YOU bought yesterday could be the QP someone in another place or state buys tomorrow.  The proof?  The last time the MegaRip jackpot was won there were FORTY NINE ticketholders that had the first five numbers correct!  Even if it was proven that fifteen of those winning tickets were selected using number selection strategies, how do you feel that YOUR winning ticket was sold 34 other times??

PA
                          United States
                          Member #22983
                          October 6, 2005
                          2226 Posts
                          Posted: November 9, 2005, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

Well for me personally,  I use my own QP computer generators, and ball machine. Although I do occasionally through in a few terminal QPs here and there with them. So it don't really matter to me, as I already have MY numbers in the pool anyway. But I have match most of my 4 out of 6 numbers via terminal QPs however. Regardless, any set of numbers has just as good as chance as any others. Regardless of how well you study stats, or analyze them.

I don't doubt that they want to market QPs as much as possible, because this will influence the lazy to grab them on their way out of the store. But I also do not believe they make a world of difference either way. Out of all the "lottery experts" here, how many are jackpot millionaires? Not many, if any. But it sure don't hurt to keep trying. Only problem is it seems like while we are all at home studying our 'systems,' people are out winning with QPs.

That is after they find them in their car 2 weeks later while cleaning it out, and finally decide to check them "just in case."

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                            Member #14
                            November 9, 2001
                            31525 Posts
                            Posted: November 9, 2005, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

I'm guilty, anytime I see a ticket lying near the lottery terminal I ask about the ticket.  The clerk will tell you why the ticket is lying there and I usually buy it.  You never know, it could be the big one!!!!!!!!!!  I know a guy that bought a mistake ticket and won 5 out of 6 on the Texas Lottery.

same here -

love to nibble those micey feet.

PA
                              United States
                              Member #22983
                              October 6, 2005
                              2226 Posts
                              Posted: November 9, 2005, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

On the same token kinda like those "experts" who write lottery books about 'how to exploit the lottery and win.' Even though most of them have not won, they are able to teach others, so they claim, how to win. But sometimes many are just not good at following their own advice.