Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Arlene vs. Todd

Topic closed. 61 replies. Last post 11 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23259 Posts
Posted: November 24, 2005, 7:09 am - IP Logged

LOL

Sorry, I just had to laugh when I created that subject line -- "Arlene vs. Todd".  It sounds too funny for words.  This is not even Arlene vs. Todd, it's more like "Arlene vs. the Quick Picks", but that doesn't sound as dire and important. Green laugh

Anyway, this is the challenge that was setup in the other thread, which seemed to go on forever, page after page.  http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/123114

The challenge is that I offered to compare the hit ratio and prize ratio of Lottery Post's Quick Picks generator against "Arlene's" 30 picks.  We'll do the comparison in the five states that "Arlene" claims her picks hit most often: New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Maryland, and Missouri.  (Interesting choice on the computerized state, Missouri, by the way.)

I am posting this challenge on the Lottery Post Predictions Board.  Since "Arlene" does not have a Platinum membership capable of posting 30 numbers for per game (at least that I'm aware of), I'll temporarily upgrade my test account (appropriately named "test") to Platinum, and post her picks under that name.  The Lottery Post Quick Picks will be posted under my name, Todd.

I'll post all 30 picks for each of us to the five states mentioned above, for seven straight days (the most that I can post to the board at once).

If there's interest to keep the challenge going after seven days, I'll post for another seven days at that point, and so on.

The daily results of our challenge can be tracked on the Prediction Winners page.

"Arlene's" 30 picks are: 023 089 158 268 329 407 453 508 716 871 025 132 210 308 317 501 612 789 832 972 090 113 221 323 355 454 550 772 787 818.

The Lottery Post Quick Picks Generator selected the following 30 numbers (drum-roll please): 286 733 313 137 642 702 287 929 426 361 858 250 914 089 610 346 793 158 112 579 397 096 506 753 534 017 687 951 512 971.

However this turns out, I'm sure in the end it will be contentious and there will be hurt feelings when the Quick Picks Generator wins LOL (just kidding).

Either way, my prediction is that Lottery Post members will gain some useful insight from this fair and balanced comparison.

Cheers

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23259 Posts
    Posted: November 24, 2005, 7:37 am - IP Logged

Made more sense to post this in the Pick 3 forum.

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: November 24, 2005, 7:41 am - IP Logged

You just gave her numbers away for the whole world to see. I will not be held responsible for this, and it's recorded here as proof. Thank God.

I don't need legal matters perching over my shoulders.

Northeast Ohio
        United States
        Member #9571
        December 12, 2004
        1156 Posts
        Posted: November 24, 2005, 7:44 am - IP Logged

Thanks Todd. I will follow this closely.

OT

Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23259 Posts
          Posted: November 24, 2005, 7:45 am - IP Logged

Somehow I'm managing to keep calm.  Don't worry, you can't copyright a set of numbers. Chill out.

Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23259 Posts
            Posted: November 24, 2005, 7:45 am - IP Logged

Thanks Todd. I will follow this closely.

OT

Your username seems appropriate today! Turkey Happy Thanksgiving!

Northeast Ohio
              United States
              Member #9571
              December 12, 2004
              1156 Posts
              Posted: November 24, 2005, 7:47 am - IP Logged

It happens every year. HA!

delores247's avatar - Lottery-048.jpg

United States
                Member #19043
                July 24, 2005
                7378 Posts
                Posted: November 24, 2005, 7:52 am - IP Logged

MadTodd this is going to be a good one,because both of you got some Madhot Madhot Madhot numbers-goodluck to the both of youLep

United States
                  Member #17555
                  June 22, 2005
                  5582 Posts
                  Posted: November 24, 2005, 7:57 am - IP Logged

Not only did you give the numbers away, you also gave the states.

The problem, again with this test is that you're also using her states, when you should be using your own. Those states is a part of a whole to her system. In order for you to compare systems, you should pick your own states as a part of a whole to your system.

The other problem is that there is another part of a whole to her system, which includes playing those numbers in the off-shore, which she says makes the most amount of return. So the payout will be much higher than your payout, unless we decide that we are both playing on that place off-shore.

That is the only way it's going to work as proof.

If you don't agree, to those terms, then I will not participate in this challenge.

You keep throwing out ratios and this and that. All I know is that since two nights ago, if I had played, I would have netted $110.00 the first night, and last night I would a have netted $530.00 for a total of $640.00, so far. That's enough for me to be convinced, and guess what...I really don't want to convince anyone at all from this point on. In two days I would have been way ahead of the game. Short term proof? YES. Long term? we'll see.

By the way Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Saleo Paleo's avatar - Trek DS9worm3.gif
                    E-Town,Ky
                    United States
                    Member #3493
                    January 25, 2004
                    6348 Posts
                    Posted: November 24, 2005, 8:22 am - IP Logged

I'm sure yours will do as good or better than Arlenes,I have had a daily check of her#'s for almost the last 2 months and it is no better than any of the posters on the forum,I would not play any of the #'s until I saw how worthwhile they were,therfore I haven't played any because when I did this I saw that in my opinion you would not be any richer but probley much poorer. 

Saleo Paleo    

Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23259 Posts
                      Posted: November 24, 2005, 8:27 am - IP Logged

The problem, again with this test is that you're also using her states, when you should be using your own. Those states is a part of a whole to her system. In order for you to compare systems, you should pick your own states as a part of a whole to your system.

The other problem is that there is another part of a whole to her system, which includes playing those numbers in the off-shore, which she says makes the most amount of return. So the payout will be much higher than your payout, unless we decide that we are both playing on that place off-shore.

If you don't agree, to those terms, then I will not participate in this challenge.

You keep throwing out ratios and this and that. All I know is that since two nights ago, if I had played, I would have netted $110.00 the first night, and last night I would a have netted $530.00 for a total of $640.00, so far. That's enough for me to be convinced, and guess what...I really don't want to convince anyone at all from this point on. In two days I would have been way ahead of the game. Short term proof? YES. Long term? we'll see.

Oh please, the excuses are starting already.  Just sit back and relax already.

I'm not claiming I have a system, I'm saying that 30 Quick Picks are just as good as her numbers.  So I'm comparing 30 Quick Picks to her 30 numbers in all of her "hot states".

You really need to relax.

By the way, it's not your challenge, it's mine.

Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23259 Posts
                        Posted: November 24, 2005, 8:29 am - IP Logged

Pacattack, I'm not going to allow you to derail my fun challenge, so if you want to keep posting excuses, I'll move them over to the other thread, where you can clutter things up all you want.

Saleo Paleo's avatar - Trek DS9worm3.gif
                          E-Town,Ky
                          United States
                          Member #3493
                          January 25, 2004
                          6348 Posts
                          Posted: November 24, 2005, 8:32 am - IP Logged

I'm sure yours will do as good or better than Arlenes,I have had a daily check of her#'s for almost the last 2 months and it is no better than any of the posters on the forum,I would not play any of the #'s until I saw how worthwhile they were,therfore I haven't played any because when I did this I saw that in my opinion you would not be any richer but probley much poorer. 

Were you using the off-shore as a payout? That integral part should be just as important  as other criteria also. There is 3 parts to her system:

1: Her numbers.

2: Her five states.

3: Playing those numbers and states in the off-shore, for optimum payout.

If any one of those criteria are not met, then the whole test is moot.

I do my playing from the states ,I have contacts that play for me,I do not play from the wrong side of the fence,but I do check them out from the off-shore view.  

Saleo Paleo    

United States
                            Member #17555
                            June 22, 2005
                            5582 Posts
                            Posted: November 24, 2005, 8:34 am - IP Logged

Oh please, the excuses are starting already.  Just sit back and relax already.

I'm not claiming I have a system, I'm saying that 30 Quick Picks are just as good as her numbers.  So I'm comparing 30 Quick Picks to her 30 numbers in all of her "hot states".

You really need to relax.

By the way, it's not your challenge, it's mine.

What excuses? Those are the conditions.

The word " sound " can only manifest itself to reality, only when 3 components are present:

1: The maker of the vibration.

2: A medium for the vibration to travel through.

3: A receiver to pick up those vibrations. (ears).

Once all three criteria are met, then it's called sound.

If you take anyone of those 3 away, it won't be complete.

Don't worry about clutter. I'm done with this subject.

Have fun....

Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              23259 Posts
                              Posted: November 24, 2005, 8:42 am - IP Logged

Pacattack, thank you for your input, duly noted.  Now I will get on with the challenge, which I'm sure everyone else will be interested to see the results of.  Sorry the terms of the challenge do not meet your specifications, but you can start your own challenge if you don't like mine. 

However, you should note that I have a bit of experience in the area of "objective comparisons" with regard to lotteries, and the computer system that I developed (the predictions board) is the most fair comparison of lottery predictions on the Internet.  Unless you can recommend a better one?