Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 1:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Anyone up to it?

Topic closed. 41 replies. Last post 11 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: December 1, 2005, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

Is there anyone out there who can sell me a program which looks back at 100,000 sets of randomly picked p-3 numbers and spits out maybe 5 or so of the most sets of numbers that come out after a win.

So....If 013 was last night's winning number for Florida, I want the program to look back and say what number or numbers came out most often, after 013.

C'mon...I know there's a braniac out there, who can put this thing together, faster than a jet with a hundred mile an hour tail wind.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19828 Posts
    Posted: December 1, 2005, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

You don't need a program.  If you have a text file that contains 100,000 numbers then you can use a text editor such as in Wordpad or Notepad to locate all the "013" and record the following numbers by hand.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: December 1, 2005, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

You don't need a program.  If you have a text file that contains 100,000 numbers then you can use a text editor such as in Wordpad or Notepad to locate all the "013" and record the following numbers by hand.

I can't thank you enough for the feedback. I just don't understand the computer jargon.

This is becoming too embarrasingly real as the ignorant stomach turns.

I guess I need to buy computer for dummies, or some kind of tutorial.

That whole copy and paste thing just kills me. I really don't know why I have such a problem with that....

You want me to do what now?.....LOL

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19828 Posts
        Posted: December 1, 2005, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

If you use Notepad or Wordpad to compose your posts before posting them, you will just naturally learn more about their features.  Each has a help file that will explain all their features and how to use them.  Even if you find a program that does what you want, you'll probably still need to know a little about text files and how to edit them.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5582 Posts
          Posted: December 1, 2005, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

Thanx rjoh.....I will get right on this matter.....and your right....I will have to do a basics check on that thing you were talking about....LOL

Wouldn't it be easier if I was just born with a silver spoon? Less Headache....my new motto.....

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #22395
            September 24, 2005
            1583 Posts
            Posted: December 1, 2005, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

Isn't this something almost like your thread where you only wanted 10,000 random numbers?

You are going to use up all the random numbers - there won't be any left for anyone else!

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: December 1, 2005, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

Thanx Truecritic.....

LOL..........>

This is good comeback....I love it....

I'll try to leave some rngs for someone else.

Good Call......

United States
                Member #25881
                November 12, 2005
                62 Posts
                Posted: December 1, 2005, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

cool :) 

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                  Member #13130
                  March 30, 2005
                  2171 Posts
                  Posted: December 1, 2005, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

I doubt there are many p3 games that have been around long enough to have 100,000 drawing history. You would either wind up using a rng, or if you want real-world results, past p3 results from many states to find your 'followers'. If the former is the case, it's a fairly short amount of code. If the latter is the case, the work has been done and is part of something called 'the lottery bible'. Plus, there are people on here who have lists of the most common 'followers' in their blogs. e.g. Tenaj.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                  Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

United States
                    Member #17555
                    June 22, 2005
                    5582 Posts
                    Posted: December 1, 2005, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

Thanx time*treat......I just want a program......A program that does what was described earlier. I love you're input .......keep'em coming.....

I still ask....anyone???????

Any programs?????

Thanks.......

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                      Tx
                      United States
                      Member #4570
                      May 4, 2004
                      5180 Posts
                      Posted: December 1, 2005, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

Pac

Notepad has a menu where it says Search on it there is find and find next.

WorPad has a Edit option then then Paste, Search and Replace learn how to use them things.

Note past on Edit has also Copy and Paste learn how to use all of that.

Those programs are already on your computer and come with help files.

They are very easy to use.

Good luck.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

United States
                        Member #17555
                        June 22, 2005
                        5582 Posts
                        Posted: December 1, 2005, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

Pac

Notepad has a menu where it says Search on it there is find and find next.

WorPad has a Edit option then then Paste, Search and Replace learn how to use them things.

Note past on Edit has also Copy and Paste learn how to use all of that.

Those programs are already on your computer and come with help files.

They are very easy to use.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info....I will delve....

Tx
                          United States
                          Member #4570
                          May 4, 2004
                          5180 Posts
                          Posted: December 1, 2005, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

For NotePad.

To cut, copy, paste, or delete text

To cut text so you can move it to another location, select the text, and then on the Edit menu, click Cut.

To copy text so you can paste it in another location, select the text, and then on the Edit menu, click Copy.

To paste text you have cut or copied, place the insertion point where you want to paste the text, and then on the Edit menu, click Paste.

To delete text, select it, and then on the Edit menu, click Delete.

-----------

To find specific characters or words

1. On the Search menu, click Find.
                          2. In Find what, type the characters or words you want to find.
                          3. Click Find Next.

United States
                            Member #17555
                            June 22, 2005
                            5582 Posts
                            Posted: December 1, 2005, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

Thanx Lantern.....appreciate it.....California Love......................................

Tx
                              United States
                              Member #4570
                              May 4, 2004
                              5180 Posts
                              Posted: December 1, 2005, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

ForWordPad

To delete text

1. Select the text you want to delete.
                              2. To remove text so that you can place it in another part of the document, click Edit, and then click Cut.

Or, to remove text entirely from the document, press DELETE.

Notes

• You can cancel a selection by clicking anywhere in the document.
                              • You can undo a deletion by clicking Edit, and then clicking Undo.
                              • When you want to delete all text in a document, you can select all text at once by clicking Edit, and then clicking Select All.

--------

To search for and replace text

1. On the Edit menu, click Replace.
                              2. In Find what, enter the text you want to replace.
                              3. In Replace with, enter the text you want to replace it with.

Notes

• To replace all instances of the text, click Replace All.
                              • To replace each instance of the text individually, click Find Next, and then click Replace.

---------

To search for text

1. In the document, click where you want to start searching.
                              2. On the Edit menu, click Find.
                              3. In Find what, enter the text you want to search for, and then click Find Next.
                              4. To find additional instances of the same text, continue to click Find Next.

Notes

• If you have closed the Find dialog box, you can press F3 to search for more instances of the same text.

• You can also search for and replace text by clicking Edit and then clicking Replace.

-----

Need more help ? Let me know.