Michigan Mega Millions lottery winners claim prize

Dec 2, 2005, 11:18 am (27 comments)

Mega Millions

A pair of lucky Michigan Mega Millions lottery winners picked up their winnings in Lansing early Thursday.

Local media has been unsuccessful in reaching either of the winners, who are likely "living up" the fact that they are now millionaires.

Keith Bryce, 44, and Teo Robelin, 37, have been friends for eight or nine years.  Lottery officials say both of the men call the win a miracle.

Lottery officials say the two formed a lottery club they called "His Club" and picked up their check for $7,428,359.  That is the cash value of half of the jackpot, minus taxes.

The two friends work together as window installers.  Both are regular lottery players, but the Mega Millions Lotto ticket was their first joint purchase.

The Mega Millions jackpot is currently $12 million for tonight drawing, which takes place at 11:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

bellyache's avatarbellyache

That's cool that two friends won the jackpot and split the winnings. =)

WorldWide777

I wonder if they are "GAY RANCHEROS"?  They look kinda gay to me... lol

whitmansm2's avatarwhitmansm2

That is wrong on so many levels!  How dare you suggest that they are gay!  You don't know them!  How does one lo-----wait a sec.  You're right.  They look gay!

LMAO

LOTTOMIKE's avatarLOTTOMIKE

lol,whatever floats your boat...........

They look gay?!? They look like two guys holding up a check that they just won. Roll Eyes

libra926

HAPPY FRIDAY......12/02/2005

NOW, NOW, NOW........lets be nice, don't get anything started........so what, wether they are or not, don't "they" have the right to win $$$$$$$$$$$........remember....the M&M is played by millions all over & the Lotterypost is read by millions all over........"CONGRATS TO THEM"....

Yes.....but it's the way they are HOLDING the check.

LMAO

I apparently haven't had enough coffee this morning.  Why I find this whole thing funny, is beyond me.

But all the same I laughing my booty off!

You're right libra.  Congrats to them for winning.  Seriously.

Way to go boys.

hehehe

NOW, NOW, NOW........lets be nice, don't get anything started........so what, wether they are or not, don't "they" have the right to win $$$$$$$$$$$........remember....the M&M is played by millions all over & the Lotterypost is read by millions all over........"CONGRATS TO THEM"....

I'm not getting anything started. I don't think they look gay and I will state that. They look like two people who had to get their picture taken for the media. Nothing gay about it.

libra926

Yes.....but it's the way they are HOLDING the check.

LMAO

I apparently haven't had enough coffee this morning.  Why I find this whole thing funny, is beyond me.

But all the same I laughing my booty off!

HAPPY FRIDAY......."WHIT"

And, how should they hold the check????.....lolololol...I guess I'm missing something.....

Lurking

libra926

I'm not getting anything started. I don't think they look gay and I will state that. They look like two people who had to get their picture taken for the media. Nothing gay about it.

HAPPY FRIDAY......."BELLYACHE"

NO, NO... not you......lolololol...I was responding to "WW777"& "WHIT"........they are being naughty  this afternoon.........they both had tooo muchhh "Caffeine" this morning.lolol

Sorry libra I thought you were addressing me. My mistake. =)

Again, I have no idea why the comment about them being gay struck me as funny. Normally I just blow it off. Maybe because they really look manly. ROFLMAO! :::giggling::: this whole subject is hilarious to me. This is suppose to be about them winning....and it turned to something else. I'm LMAO!

uhm....going to take my medication now. lol

sirbrad's avatarsirbrad

I am sure they are very "gay" now after their $7 million dollar win. Anyone would be.

HiYoSilver

If I won that money I'd be gay too, as in;

alert, animate, animated, blithe, blithesome, bouncy, brash, carefree, cheerful, cheery, chipper, chirpy, confident, convivial, devil-may-care, festive, forward, frivolous, frolicsome, fun-loving, gamesome, glad, gleeful, hilarious, insouciant, jocund, jolly, jovial, joyful, joyous, keen, light-hearted, lively, merry, mirthful, playful, pleasure-seeking, presuming, pushy, rollicking, self-assertive, sparkling, spirited, sportive, sprightly, sunny, vivacious, wild, zippyClown

Phokas

What's with all this bigotry about whether or not they are gay? Where do you people learn all your hatred? I suspect it happens at your Sunday morning hate rallies while you are clutching your bibles and praying to God telling Him how good you are and how deserving of winning the next jackpot.

I'm surprised no one has had the gaul yet to openly rant about their race; although we did get a hint at it with the "rancheros" comment.

You people need to be banned for posting such comments that are worthy only of a neo-Nazi or KKK forum.

In the end though your comments about them don't matter. They are now rich and those spreading hate on here are not. If you are really that jealous of them just say so.

fja's avatarfja

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Seinfeld ROCKS!  LOL  With all that money......think about how many Seinfeld box sets you can buy! 

Do you think that they formed a group to collect the money?  If just one of them have their name on that check....someone is going to be paying a buttload of taxes!!!

Phokas

This website is supposed to be for posting comments about lottery games. Not making degrading comments about people who play and are fortunate enough to win. I realize based on many of the postings on here that the education level of most people isn't very high. But that doesn't excuse making ignorant, bigoted comments. If you really want to lower the tone then go set up your own website and post all the hateful bile you want. You may think there is nothing wrong with saying "They look kinda gay to me...lol". But who would really accept it if people started postings on here saying for example "That winner looks Jewish to me...lol." or "Oh, look, a black person won." or "Of course someone from a Boston store would be stealing scratch offs. What else would you expect from someone of Irish descent?"? Who in their right mind would think such comments would also be OK? Isolating a minority group, any minority group, and making comments on the way they look or act just isn't acceptable. America is about individual freedom. Not conforming to some white, heterosexual, so-called "moral majority" standard.

libra926

If I won that money I'd be gay too, as in;

alert, animate, animated, blithe, blithesome, bouncy, brash, carefree, cheerful, cheery, chipper, chirpy, confident, convivial, devil-may-care, festive, forward, frivolous, frolicsome, fun-loving, gamesome, glad, gleeful, hilarious, insouciant, jocund, jolly, jovial, joyful, joyous, keen, light-hearted, lively, merry, mirthful, playful, pleasure-seeking, presuming, pushy, rollicking, self-assertive, sparkling, spirited, sportive, sprightly, sunny, vivacious, wild, zippyClown

Patriot12/03

oh "SILVER" come on, don't stop now, I'm sure you missed at least one other adjective.......

libra926

What's with all this bigotry about whether or not they are gay? Where do you people learn all your hatred? I suspect it happens at your Sunday morning hate rallies while you are clutching your bibles and praying to God telling Him how good you are and how deserving of winning the next jackpot.

I'm surprised no one has had the gaul yet to openly rant about their race; although we did get a hint at it with the "rancheros" comment.

You people need to be banned for posting such comments that are worthy only of a neo-Nazi or KKK forum.

In the end though your comments about them don't matter. They are now rich and those spreading hate on here are not. If you are really that jealous of them just say so.

Party12/03/05

HEY "PH".......LOLOLOLOLOL....calm down......there's nothing serious going on here....take it easy....everybody's just having fun........LOLOLOLOL....my goodness, please.LOLOLOLOL

libra926

This website is supposed to be for posting comments about lottery games. Not making degrading comments about people who play and are fortunate enough to win. I realize based on many of the postings on here that the education level of most people isn't very high. But that doesn't excuse making ignorant, bigoted comments. If you really want to lower the tone then go set up your own website and post all the hateful bile you want. You may think there is nothing wrong with saying "They look kinda gay to me...lol". But who would really accept it if people started postings on here saying for example "That winner looks Jewish to me...lol." or "Oh, look, a black person won." or "Of course someone from a Boston store would be stealing scratch offs. What else would you expect from someone of Irish descent?"? Who in their right mind would think such comments would also be OK? Isolating a minority group, any minority group, and making comments on the way they look or act just isn't acceptable. America is about individual freedom. Not conforming to some white, heterosexual, so-called "moral majority" standard.

Dear "PH".......

now take a deep breath, inhale, then exhale......relax, it's only your imagination, just relax....

Thudnow, you'll be ok........lololololol

libra926

Again, I have no idea why the comment about them being gay struck me as funny. Normally I just blow it off. Maybe because they really look manly. ROFLMAO! :::giggling::: this whole subject is hilarious to me. This is suppose to be about them winning....and it turned to something else. I'm LMAO!

uhm....going to take my medication now. lol

HAPPY SATURDAY....."WHIT"......12/03

No one won the jackpot last night.....guess maybe you should share your medication w/me. Perhaps it will inspire me to play better numbers.........lolololololololol

sirbrad's avatarsirbrad

This website is supposed to be for posting comments about lottery games. Not making degrading comments about people who play and are fortunate enough to win. I realize based on many of the postings on here that the education level of most people isn't very high.

I agree with you, but the above statement is very hypocritical, also condescending, and exhibits biased assumptions merely based on text. Always practice what you preach. I understand the anger however, and I agree that no personal comments should be made. You have no idea who may be reading here.

konane's avatarkonane

Congrats to the winners!!!  Awesome, just awesome!!  Good for them!! Party

Congrats to the winners!!!  Awesome, just awesome!!  Good for them!! Party

I agree. I think it's great when friends play the lottery and they win. Hopefully they won't have any problems with money coming between them. Although they shouldn't if they split it evenly.

wreakshavok777's avatarwreakshavok777

this post was hard to resist ,for the most part all were way too funny! When I saw the picture the first thing come to mind was damn they look republican!Poke

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story