Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Giving out lottery tickets for Christmas?

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 11 years ago by angelm.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Australia
Member #17096
June 11, 2005
225 Posts
Posted: December 6, 2005, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

You can buy season tickets, as gifts, from the Massachusetts lottery. They have Holiday specials and it doesn't matter where you live, or where where the gift recipient lives. They are shipped by courier and they charge extra for that. But, it's all perfectly legal.

If you are opposed to restrictions, as I am, on the rights of people to participate in state lotteries wherever they live; it's a good idea to participate in the Massachusetts lottery as a point of principle.

When other states see how much revenue that state lottery is generating from out-of-state sales , they will sit up and listen. It's very interesting how politicians respond when people vote with their pockets!

delores247's avatar - Lottery-048.jpg

United States
    Member #19043
    July 24, 2005
    7378 Posts
    Posted: December 6, 2005, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

Hi, I never give out tickets because that is the one time of the year except for my Birthday that I buy a ticket a day till Christmas Eve.,begin buying my tickets on Dec/1 ,i have been doing this every year and i have won some money every year, it is fun,hope to win this year too!Lep

angelm's avatar - anne
      richmond ky.
      United States
      Member #15877
      May 22, 2005
      8472 Posts
      Posted: December 6, 2005, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

I have stuck a prank ticket in my husbands stocking before(you should of seen him jumping around)I got a kick out of itROFL