Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 3:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Where have all the posts gone??

Topic closed. 67 replies. Last post 11 years ago by truecritic.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

Do you feel that your posts disapear off the main page too quick?

yes [ 29 ]  [50.88%]
no [ 15 ]  [26.32%]
not sure [ 6 ]  [10.53%]
we need more choices [ 1 ]  [1.75%]
I don't know [ 6 ]  [10.53%]
Total Valid Votes [ 57 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 11 ]  
powerplayer's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
Member #17834
June 28, 2005
2083 Posts
Posted: December 10, 2005, 1:57 am - IP Logged

Hello All,

I just wanted to know if any feels the same about the posts list on the main LP page?

I know we have search and tons of other features to find things but, there is so many so fast that I find posts from earlier in the week I didn't even know were topics because they get lost so quick.

Please post all comments of what you think about this and any suggestions that would help make it easier.

Thanks

Powerplayer

Good luck to everyone!!!

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: December 10, 2005, 2:03 am - IP Logged

if no one replies to the posts they tend to go to the second or third page pretty quick.if people reply to them consistently they will stay on the first page........

powerplayer's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
      Member #17834
      June 28, 2005
      2083 Posts
      Posted: December 10, 2005, 2:28 am - IP Logged

Lottomike,

thanks for the comments..I'm thinking maybe having the posts stay for a longer period of time...like a timer on them for like say 10 or 15 mins so this way they don't disapear so quickly.

2 or 3 pages down they get loss really quick..next thing u know there on the 4 th or 6th page down

Powerplayer

Good luck to everyone!!!

lottaloot's avatar - AvatarZ56
        Redford/MI
        United States
        Member #3396
        January 18, 2004
        4867 Posts
        Posted: December 10, 2005, 8:37 am - IP Logged

I don't really think that what you're stating is possible.  Where will the newer posts go if the older ones are still occupying space on page 1???

Though, I can not say that I am a big fan of the new search feature.  Takes me too long to find my own stuff, let alone someone else's. 

I am starting to store to onto my fav list--but I just remembers while typing this that I could still use the daily topics feature.

L ttaL   T

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5582 Posts
          Posted: December 10, 2005, 9:41 am - IP Logged

That' is why I try not to post anything in the p-3 or 4 forum. Within 20 minutes, my post is in the 3rd page...LOL

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
            Charlotte NC
            United States
            Member #17406
            June 18, 2005
            4054 Posts
            Posted: December 10, 2005, 9:47 am - IP Logged

SmashWhen one person posts 7 different threads back to back and people responds, it moves the other posts off quicker.  I think it messes up the rhythm.

I think that if someone have that much to say they should move it to their blob.

takeemtothebank

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
              PA
              United States
              Member #22983
              October 6, 2005
              2226 Posts
              Posted: December 10, 2005, 10:38 am - IP Logged

Though, I can not say that I am a big fan of the new search feature.  Takes me too long to find my own stuff, let alone someone else's. 

Amen, as I said in the other thread.

lilnita's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                Georgia
                United States
                Member #20550
                August 20, 2005
                817 Posts
                Posted: December 10, 2005, 11:06 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8393 Posts
                  Posted: December 10, 2005, 11:42 am - IP Logged
                  On the blue task bar at the top of this page click forums then click daily topics a page will open and list the topics from 12 midnight to the present time. To look for topics posted yesterday or the day before there is a calendar on the right side of the page. Click the previous day. 
                  All the tools for searching posts are here you just need to practice finding what your looking for.

Searching pick 3 topics can be a chore because there are so many of them however the other topics in the different groups are easily searched. As there aren't as many of the them posted on a daily basis.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                    Member #14
                    November 9, 2001
                    31541 Posts
                    Posted: December 10, 2005, 11:52 am - IP Logged

SmashWhen one person posts 7 different threads back to back and people responds, it moves the other posts off quicker.  I think it messes up the rhythm.

I think that if someone have that much to say they should move it to their blob.

I Agree!      I Agree!

love to nibble those micey feet.

JAP69's avatar - alas
                      South Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #6
                      November 4, 2001
                      8797 Posts
                      Posted: December 10, 2005, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

The multiple posters need to learn to title their topic to cover multiple posts.

Mid-draws

Eve draws

Etc

Then post a reply for each state of prediction on that topic.

It has been mentioned before.

Oo'Ka

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                        Member #5344
                        June 30, 2004
                        23641 Posts
                        Posted: December 10, 2005, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

Hello All,

I just wanted to know if any feels the same about the posts list on the main LP page?

I know we have search and tons of other features to find things but, there is so many so fast that I find posts from earlier in the week I didn't even know were topics because they get lost so quick.

Please post all comments of what you think about this and any suggestions that would help make it easier.

Thanks

Powerplayer

how many posts are set on your first page..

you can get up to 50 on a page.

The old Research method was easier to use to find posts.

Others complain that some people take up lots of room with individual posts on individual states.. They complained when I did my tracking that way..

There are several others on the pick 3 forum who still do what others complained about when I did it.

However they do it daily..for posts.. example.. they ran a post for OH middday 12/1 and OH even 12/1 and then started another one for Oh midday 12/2 and OH even 12/2.. ( which is fine with me.. )

When I was posting for a state.. I did both midday/evening in same post and ran that post for over a week.. (to take up less room on the forum)  People complained about this and I stopped.. People complained because I stopped..  (NO win situation there.)

I dont see much complaining about the ones who are doing it now..

There are people who complain to be complaining.. (that is ok with me too)  If it makes them happy to complain.. be happy..

Some will try and tell where your posts should go.  If they aren't interested in your topic they had rather you put it in your blog..

However, they dont consider blogging their own..

When I see a post by a member I am not interested in.. I skip it..  I hide  replies from those posters in the event they post on my posts. 

I am a much happier camper now..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                          Charlotte NC
                          United States
                          Member #17406
                          June 18, 2005
                          4054 Posts
                          Posted: December 10, 2005, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

No NoI don't see other posters posting up to 10 posts back to back.  How can you skip a post when they are different titles from the same poster.  I gladly skip them but sometimes the choices are few because the other posts are pushed off the main page.

The average poster run about 2 threads a week not 10 at a time and they don't post them back to back and push the other posts off the main page.

takeemtothebank

United States
                            Member #16612
                            June 2, 2005
                            3493 Posts
                            Posted: December 10, 2005, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

My vote is for yes. Sometimes certain topics are shown as new, but if it isn't active, then it disappears and/or closes after no one posts after 1 month.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                              PA
                              United States
                              Member #22983
                              October 6, 2005
                              2226 Posts
                              Posted: December 11, 2005, 9:31 am - IP Logged

LOL! Sorry but my "Blob" is full right now. Thanks for that, I actually laughed out loud. ROFL